Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remove Mozambique Shotty  (Read 11961 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Remove Mozambique Shotty
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:09:03 PM »

Seriously, this perk is forcing basically everyone to be a pistol spammer. It's stupid because literally, every 3rd shot is a Knockout, Disoriented, or Blinded....sometimes all 3. Everyone is relying on this RNG to do KOs too much.

There's also no way to counter it since there's no bonehead in this FOnline. Hell, I don't even think having high critical resistance or critical strength does anything. Not sure if quick recovery works...haven't tested it yet.

I suggest removing this perk from the game. There was a time when people actually did aimed shots with pistols...until this perk was released.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:14:34 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Kurwier

Re: Remove Mozambique Shotty
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »

agree djibouty already strong enough

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

+1 nerf sneaker

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »

yes i agree, nerf shotguns

mafiapl

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 05:07:12 AM »

You need to remove blinding from head shots.

There's also no way to counter it since there's no bonehead in this FOnline. Hell, I don't even think having high critical resistance or critical strength does anything. Not sure if quick recovery works...haven't tested it yet.

Metal armor. Quick recovery works very good, but you cant have all defensive perks on your character and be bulletproof against everything. Accept that against some thing your character will be vulnerable.

Gattling, steyr, minigun, the list of weapons that do more damage than pistols and have higher range is pretty vast.
Green bullets pancor hit and run strategy works at windows better than pistol.

Also your whining refers to Desert Eagle .50 with expanded magazine, no other pistol has higher crowd control than shotguns. Because people who sell things shoudnt badmouth their products i will tell you only this: "To beat your enemy you must first understand him", so ... grab your own Deagle .50, the gun has great range for a pistol. It's ability to knock out and back is astonishing against most types of armor. In addition to that it's bleed can following the enemies that try to run away, justice pursuits them even in death ! Furthermore combined with one of the perks, the weapon can blind your enemies and force them to tend to their wounds, giving you time to act as you want, freedom in true American style ! Get your own gun now !
Contact me if you wish to buy some.
I am not responsible for any of the words above, nor responsible for their authentic as the gun was tested under very sophisticated character builds and i disclaim any other valid use of the gun without very specific builds.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »

Or howabout we just add it back to Assualt Rifles and SMGs and give spammers a reason to use something other than the deagle and 14mm.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »

Or howabout we just add it back to Assualt Rifles and SMGs and give spammers a reason to use something other than the deagle and 14mm.
No, that will just be worst since assault rifles have much more range than pistols.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »

No, that will just be worst since assault rifles have much more range than pistols.

But a lot less damage in general, and a lot less perks based on crits and disabling.

Currently spamming anything but an AUG is suicide in terms of ARs, and its the same situation for most weapon groups. As a spammer, I'm limited to few weapon classes for maximum effectiveness, and I don't think this is how it should be. Spammers should be some of the most versatile builds, but currently its pistols/AUG or nothing.

So I would say Mozam needs to be removed or added to more weapons to encourage variety. It could also be changed to every 5th hit or something like that. Point is the meta for spamming does need to be changed, I agree with that.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 01:00:13 PM »

Suppose mozambique is ok as it is. Powerful: yes, but only usuable in 1 specific build just like simian warfare or hail mary.

Maybe buff assault rifle a bit but its very hard to make them playable because they're part SMG part LMG and don't really have their own place in combat unlike shotguns or pistols. But this has been a problem since the dawn of AOP.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »

But a lot less damage in general, and a lot less perks based on crits and disabling.
Assault rifles are suppose to be spamming burst, not single shots. This is why they have less perks for crits and disabling.

Currently spamming anything but an AUG is suicide in terms of ARs, and its the same situation for most weapon groups. As a spammer, I'm limited to few weapon classes for maximum effectiveness, and I don't think this is how it should be. Spammers should be some of the most versatile builds, but currently its pistols/AUG or nothing.
Of course its only pistols and the Aug,  they're low AP cost. You can't spam with a sniper rifle cause it will always be 50+ AP to shoot. And this is what I don't like, spamming is OK but when every 3rd shot from a pistol is a KO, etc., its just stupid. Pistols were strong enough already just by spamming due to ctritical strike on some of them and became even more stronger with mozam cause of the knockouts, disorients and shit.

So I would say Mozam needs to be removed or added to more weapons to encourage variety. It could also be changed to every 5th hit or something like that. Point is the meta for spamming does need to be changed, I agree with that.
Yes, changing mozam to every 5th shot will probably be best if it's not removed.

Maybe buff assault rifle a bit but its very hard to make them playable because they're part SMG part LMG and don't really have their own place in combat unlike shotguns or pistols. But this has been a problem since the dawn of AOP.
Assault rifles just needed a little damage buff. Single shot has really no place in Assault Rifles.

Between this post, and the thread you made, I would say you got rekt by Mozam and are pretty salty about it. Leave spammers alooonneeeee. Mozam is one of the only things that keeps them competetive.
Keeps them competitive? LOL.  It's literally whoever scores the biggest crit roll wins the fight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:14:01 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Vector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »

Gib back mozambiq for any weapon, so no butthurt only about pistols.

Srsly : mozambiq is quite op for the stuff that it should be used with, how do i see it - i should use only the same weps whole the time to get my mozambiq build more or less usable in combat, otherwise this perk will be useless, using the same weapons whole the time is boring and fights become less dynamic, it would be better if this perk will work on smg/ar BUT with 3-4-5 hit-headshots dependable from weapon that you are using, and yes, delete headshot-blindess, thats sick.

And buff arm cripples
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:45:06 PM by Vector »

Tuc-Tuc
200+20+20+20

Kurwier

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »

i would remove moozambique as player perk and introduce it as weapon trait and just give the needler that trait

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

buff critical resistance

Kurwier

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 10:18:51 PM »

buff critical resistance

special crit resistances broken anyway , u get disoriented , winded or something elde no matter what stats u have :D before cirn played with the code it was better balanced , he turned some stuff obvious into spamm stuff . crit dmg modifier reductiong was needed but now we have strange gameplay anyway with that moozambique , djibouty combination of bad crit res mechanics or better to say not finnished code

djibouty is a nice perk or critical strike but moozambique op , i wud love to see the original code from lidae back with just soem adjustments tweaks in terms of critical resistance .

some leadeship modules became obcioulsy useless like for example all special res modules , while i remmebre times when it was a must to run atleast 1 of them

its mostly all like i said long time before , we had a working system , then adjustements came , then it was all okey mostly for exception with some minor things , and now we are going back to previous state with not buffing directly dmg but with introducing perks and traits and messin around with original code ... left right left right  ... in end we at the same pos.

imo everything was fine with crits before it was changed , only thing which was pain in ass was weapon drops but this cud have been easy fixable with some anti weapon drop perk which requires som ST like irongrip on old 2238 or with buffing plated gloves to make different armors more unique like the basic concept is or was already about .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:29:27 PM by Kurwier »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »

buff critical resistance
It's not even working.

Gib back mozambiq for any weapon, so no butthurt only about pistols.

Srsly : mozambiq is quite op for the stuff that it should be used with, how do i see it - i should use only the same weps whole the time to get my mozambiq build more or less usable in combat, otherwise this perk will be useless, using the same weapons whole the time is boring and fights become less dynamic, it would be better if this perk will work on smg/ar BUT with 3-4-5 hit-headshots dependable from weapon that you are using, and yes, delete headshot-blindess, thats sick.

And buff arm cripples
Eye blinds are OK. Just remove mozam cause everyone is constantly getting blinded by this perk. And it working with all weapons is a no for me. I'm glad it was changed to work with pistols cause it made every other gun extremely nooob friendly. Remington for example .

But still, it needs to be removed.

Combatant

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:33 PM »

My vote for changing effect to "every 3th unaimed shot guaranteed critical". Without redirection in the head. Criticals in torso isn't a big deal, so I guess, when perk will looks like this it can be activated for every weapon type and still won't become "musthave". 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:46:31 PM by Combatant »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:48:52 PM »

I blame smalltime

Kurwier

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »

My vote for changing effect to "every 3th unaimed shot guaranteed critical". Without redirection in the head. Criticals in torso isn't a big deal, so I guess, when perk will looks like this it can be activated for every weapon type and still won't become "musthave".

dude just look on critical strike weapon trait , it was renamed , before it was called djibouty shooty ... its already crit buffing torso shots , we talk about moozambique op in combination with that and non existing working critical system atm .

thats why i say +1 to remove moozambique as a player perk but reintroduce it as a weapontrait for the needler ...

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 12:36:50 AM »

Assault rifles are suppose to be spamming burst, not single shots. This is why they have less perks for crits and disabling.

I would completely disagree, where are you getting this from? Supposed to be?  Every army in the world is trained to use Semi-Auto 90 percent of the time, because it works; Even in CQB.  Assault Rifles are so wonderful because they allow accurate rapid fire of rifle caliber catridges. Bursting/Autoing is in their MO, but only as a suppression tool, not as the mainstay killing power because it's so unreliable to accurately place shots doing it. Currently ARs are really only useful for bursting/atuoing, which is not the role they should all be fulfilling IMO.  Some should be good for med range autoing and suppression, like the SAW and BAR and the like, but smaller rifles such as the M16, G3, AUG, etc etc, are all made for accurate semi-auto fire akin to a mid/close range DMR.

I just want ARs to cover more area they they currently do, and adding is one of the ways it could be done. You could also consider adding bleed modifiers to the actual weapons, or just straight up giving them more damage in single fire. 

tldr

I wouln't be against removing mozam, but only if something else was workled out for spammers.

Kurwier

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 12:43:51 AM »

dam dude army ? semi auto ??? in army u learn eitherway to go full auto or singleshot on distance unless u are some navy seal who is trained to do 50 meter headshots with hostels near the target ...

semi auto from what i know is only used by the poor murrican civilians that arent allowed to spray with real gunz unless they have some papers

maybe u mean short full auto bursts on some mid range in army , that cud be possible but most assault rifles i used in the army only have singleshot mod and full auto ... one for distance and one for full kurwa , and to be honest supressing with an assault rifle is some joke since most of dem dont have the great range or powerfull calibre , bigger machineguns mostly used for dat like in germany the mg42 or in murrica the browning or m60 stuff like dat is used for supressing and holding back an enemy becoz these gunz have a greater range and a more powerfull cartridge than these crappy 5,56mm rounds. still its all lethal stuff in the right range  but full auto machine guns mostly more devasting than some assault rifle which is made for accuracy on mid and close range

back to aop topic i think steyr aug is too op atm with its range it wud be good to see other assault rifles have some dmg boost , so that tehy wud act like in real life with some good mid range dmg giver and becomming more lethal within nearer hex range of enemy with bursts.

bar is working good but its some light machine gun , wud be good to see the ak or m16 have similar dmg to the steyr. steyr cud use more magazine size lower dmg less ap but good range > wud result in constant mid range dmg while ak cud be buffed to current steyr with just having lower range but quicker dps within that range ...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:54:41 AM by Kurwier »
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip