Author Topic: Gate guard patrols really effective?  (Read 5536 times)

Stem Sunders

Gate guard patrols really effective?
« on: September 18, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »

Hi, anybody else noticed that the guard patrols are REALLY effective now?

I had 2 lawyers at the gate in CA and miniguns (Both on separate occasions)that were unable to remain undetected as the patrols just came from all around to deal with them. The lawyers tried to run but there were too many patrolman to escape.

I camped our own gates for a while and watched what happened, a few bluesuits (Also lawyers) came one by one and were dealt with much the same way and ALMOST instantly the guards would also just run off in a random direction towards some geckos or mantis. At the start I remember having to lead the angry geckos to the patrol first before they would open fire.

I did also notice some lag which resulted in moonwalking the moment all the patrolmen were on screen. It quickly disappeared once they had dispersed from the area.

I did inform GM (Shangalar) so its probably being dealt with, I just wondered if everyone elses gate was like this?

I'm too smart to go find out for myself :p
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:26:31 PM by Stem Sunders »

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
Re: Gate guard patrols really effective?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

Hi, anybody else noticed that the guard patrols are REALLY effective now?

I had 2 lawyers at the gate in CA and miniguns (Both on separate occasions)that were unable to remain detected as the patrols just came from all around to deal with them. The lawyers tried to run but there were too many patrolman to escape.

I camped our own gates for a while and watched what happened, a few bluesuits (Also lawyers) came one by one and were dealt with much the same way and ALMOST instantly the guards would also just run off in a random direction towards some geckos or mantis. I remember having to lead the angry geckos to the patrol first before they would open fire.

I did also notice some lag which resulted in moonwalking the moment all the patrolmen were on screen. It quickly disappeared once they had dispersed from the area.

I did inform GM (Shangalar) so its probably being dealt with, I just wondered if everyone elses gate was like this?

I'm too smart to go find out for myself :p

I was harrasing brahmin and family gates today and patrols were easily avoidable. I didn't experianced any problems. And when i agrod them i was able to run away with ease.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »

Ok, thanks for your input. Really strange then I might be missing something.

But these lawyers literally either spawned in next to the patrol and were immediately killed (No agro needed) OR spawned in got a few steps away from the grid and then a patrol mob comes running over from 2 or 3 different directions.

What about your own gate? Any strange happenings over there?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:30:52 PM by Stem Sunders »

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

Patrols always come to help when a member is in danger, wherever he is, and that was always the case. We just fixed a bug which resulted in a lot of patrols not being spawned, and I increased their numbers. Probably it's too high now, and I'll probably lower it for the next update.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »

Ok, thanks much for attending the petition. Sorry if I wasted anytime, seems I wasn't paying attention to the guards normal.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »

They are hit and miss.
Ive had times where Ive seen them chase down enemy's that try to spawn camp while other times they ignore Friendly's getting shot as they are looking the other way.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »

Basically, they have a distance to which they'll help (I think that's 50 hexes for now). When one group will detect an attack, all of the groups on the map will rush on the attacker. The fact that they all rush together isn't wanted, and we'll fix that later on.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »

They are hit and miss.
Ive had times where Ive seen them chase down enemy's that try to spawn camp while other times they ignore Friendly's getting shot as they are looking the other way.

Thats because someone bribed them.  cant trust crooked guards.

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 12:43:52 AM »

Strange, i was chasing one guy for like 2 mins and no guards on me what so ever.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 02:13:40 AM »

Strange, i was chasing one guy for like 2 mins and no guards on me what so ever.

I think it all depends on; whether you hurt the faction member in front of the guards, and whether you reputation with that faction is low enough to be considered and instant enemy.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip