Author Topic: Old ZC Starting Mechanics  (Read 4297 times)

Kurwier

Old ZC Starting Mechanics
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

Theres no point of having an all mighty radar system by the current system , i suggest to bring back ZC starting system were you need 6 people to start ZC ...

Eitherway people with knowledge will abuse the system ( could be called trolling also ) with bugging the timer with an sneakboy and sitting near the next zone while just one or two guys keeping it captured ( ive seen this endless times by tecs ) or people will log off becasue they see no real timer.

with that minimum requirement to start any timer , enemy faction people would atleast see and know that there is a minimum of 6 people capturing something , so chances for some real action would increase alot in my opinion.

in current state we dont see any fights anyway , so i think theres no reason for this auto capturing , contested mechanic to be honest. If there wont be any pvp in the end anyway. And i did like the old starting mechanic alot becasue of the fact that it has alot more chances of attracting people to pvp then the current system. Im just talking about the starting mechanics ofc , other changes which were made to ZC are fine and excellent. Keep in mind > just requirement for starting a timer , rest should stay as it is "deathmatch alike" and "timer" (contested) ends if all enemies are dead (sneak in sneakmod ofc does not count like in the current system) and so on.

Additional Note: You could set different requirements also for different zones e.g. some zones whcih have a minimum of players to start the timer that is lower than the 6 one ... something like 3 , 4 , 5 and in the end 6
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:37:27 PM by FraggenStoun »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Old ZC Starting Mechanics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:56:50 PM »

+1

Very annoying how 1 person can afk cap the entire map **cough** hellmoi **cough**. These timers get bugged when it always says a zone is contested and will bring back that suspenseful feeling when you're out looting...not like "Oh hey, I see you looting PD, better tell the entire server you're there xD "

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:08 PM »

just raise minimum to 3 players to start timer

but honestly, who cares right now

Kurwier

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »

+1

Very annoying how 1 person can afk cap the entire map **cough** hellmoi **cough**. These timers get bugged when it always says a zone is contested and will bring back that suspenseful feeling when you're out looting...not like "Oh hey, I see you looting PD, better tell the entire server you're there xD "

Well i haven´t seen hellmoi afk capping for a long time to be honest , the only one i´ve seen doing it lately is count matthew.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:38:17 PM by FraggenStoun »

Kurwier

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »

just raise minimum to 3 players to start timer

but honestly, who cares right now

even 6 is fine , i see the average playercount on the lawside lately is often 3+ ; sometimes even 5+ ... and its not hard to gather 6 guys , you just have to get 5 other players its already a really low requirement in my opinion. And like i said starting requirmenet numbers could vary in different zones , like lower requirements for zones which are near the gates and higher the more you get away from them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:38:40 PM by FraggenStoun »

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:51 PM »

Well i haven´t seen hellmoi afk capping for a long time to be honest , the only one i´ve seen doing it lately is count matthew.

Why you coming for me? Pics or it never happened.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 06:48:54 AM »

6 players requirement is good when all team average 15+ players.

These days, we often don't even have 15 players in the whole server.

We can discuss about it all day, it doesn't make it revelevant to current server situation.

Also, we will need to take new teams into account. Currently, BBoys doesn't seem able to participate in ZC. Soon, we will have some additionnal teams that need to participate too, even if they don't have 6 players...
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip