Author Topic: Zone capture multiplier  (Read 4334 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Zone capture multiplier
« on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:46 AM »

It really bothers me when 3 people go cap a zone, no enemies will show up till last minute (around 96% and they usually swarm)

so I suggest that if 4+ people cap a zone, the capture rate increases by x2 at 20% and x3 at 60%

whole point of suggestion is to make enemies show up faster
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:47:17 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Zone capture multiplier
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 02:56:28 AM »

The time for the enemy to show up has nothing to do with capture rate but lot about psychology.

When I was playing with Brahminboys, players would need 10 min to decide if they wanted to fight then 10 min to prepare so most of the time contest would happen during the last 10 min in a 30 min capture time.

Now capture rate is a lot faster but i'm pretty sure player still need the same amount of time as before to contest a capture.

The only way to make enemies show up faster is make sure that they are ready to fight before you start capturing. For example by requiring registration on a schedule for attacking team and defending team but this kind of stuff destroys the whole open world experience.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:44:24 AM »

The time for the enemy to show up has nothing to do with capture rate but lot about psychology.
Watch out, we got a psychologist over here

When I was playing with Brahminboys, players would need 10 min to decide if they wanted to fight then 10 min to prepare so most of the time contest would happen during the last 10 min in a 30 min capture time.
Cool story bro. It doesn't take that long, people will just wait till last minute to show up. Same thing in reloaded, some gang does TC and faction controlling it shows up last 3 minutes from 15 minute timer, its like wtf.

Now capture rate is a lot faster but i'm pretty sure player still need the same amount of time as before to contest a capture.
From what I see players are ready and just sit by exit grid till swarm is active. I see you tecs standing their on grid since the 10% mark and wait till 90%. Dunno what you guys doing but fapping I'm assuming. If it were faster than it is now players will be forced to react faster and not stay afk for a damn 30 minutes before PvP happens

The only way to make enemies show up faster is make sure that they are ready to fight before you start capturing. For example by requiring registration on a schedule for attacking team and defending team but this kind of stuff destroys the whole open world experience.
lol "Open world experience" you really think current state of the server such thing exists? If a newbie goes explore, zone timer will start and will just die by other noobs if he stays their too long. As I said before, I see you v-tec scums standing their @ grid for a good while and don't move till last minute. And is it really that hard to grab a gun, put on armor, grab some drugs and head out? It takes me like 1 minute to be battle ready and at grid.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 05:04:48 AM »

Yes, I studied psychology and I guess that makes me a psychologist

Your example on reloaded server is actually a very interesting story. Even with a 15 min timer, player still need x amount of time to decide + x amount of time to prepare and in the end they show up in the last minutes or don't show up at all.

What you see can only explain so much even if you are spying on vtech grid but it is safe to assume what can happens to enemy team also can also happen to your own team and vice versa. For example, players arguing about using shit gear, about numbers, about rerolls, about flipping burritos, these things add up.

I was talking about open world experience as i was suggesting to add a schedule for ZC. It's not about the current ZC timer. I'm pretty sure even it takes you (stalker) 1 min to prepare for battle, your whole team is not ready in that time and in the end you will be waiting unless you like to go solo.

Also I think you don't need to quote every of my sentence just to reply since we are only 2 in the discussion right now, unless you have poop memory and can't keep things straight in your mind but saying this would be kind of a personal attack so I will keep this nice and formal.  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:15:24 AM by Niamak »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:12 AM »

Stop taking stalker serious, just ignore him like the rest of us

paragon

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 08:39:38 AM »

But wait, Ramon, you're still taking courier seriously as well (:

UPD:
I actually enjoy the logical, well-structured and educative basement of the Niamak's opinion, it's a pleasure to read.
And I believe somebody has to be the Messiah to fight back all that bullshit posted by silly.
May be some day our children will ask us: why didn't you fight for the right thing, I'd be able to say that there was Niamak to fight instead of me (:
Keep it up, Niamak, while you can. But don't forget, you can fix stupid.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:20:53 AM by paragon »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »

Stop taking stalker serious, just ignore him like the rest of us
Only the weak and bitches ignore me cause I'm too hot to handle  ;D

And as always, V-tec against my suggestions. No point to discuss anything if just tecs will show up with their bullshit.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:30:53 AM »

I doubt players still need 10+minutes to organize themselves more six months into the server. After the first few weeks, you should know where your stuff is in the platoon/room or learnt some way to store it near the exit, or have your character ready when you log-off...
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip