Author Topic: [Reputation mechanics]  (Read 6026 times)

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
[Reputation mechanics]
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

1.Well, since i know reputation system was always broken and due the recent changes its even annoying.
Banning free cheap reputation boost without balanced system is BAAD idea. Revert it unless you will spend some time on system itself.

2. Reputation is realy hard to boost with ZC but realy easy with assignments, rebalance it.
Make reputation gain from ZC 5 times greater, from easy assignments  two times more, and for level 2 assignmets one half of previous values.

3. Shooting frendly targets should result to same message as accomplising assignments does,
RED LETTERS OVER YOUR HEAD

4. Healing frendly targets should boost your reputation a little at any circumstances, but significantly during ZC or dungeons.

5. Killing frendly target should by significantly differentiated to just shooting for whatever purpose it is.

6. Killing enemy faction NPCs should IMO result into slightly higher boost than just doing easy assignments

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:14:58 AM by greenthumb »

paragon

Re: [Reputation mechanics]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:38:16 AM »

Don't see much reasons to revert reputation back. Can you give a reason?
Except ability to buy a platoon base... It's just a huge drawback for every new character, as it will take ages for them. But it's requirement what should have been changed, not reputation gain.

If you don't FF, you won't lose reputation anyhow since I know. So just don't FF.
Reputation currently doesn't affect much -> No need to boost its gain anyhow.

3. Why letters over head? You don't know who's friendly?

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:05:22 AM »

so the problem with all unlocked recepies and relics for rep was deeper in the end
cuz all this looks like a cheap fix
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »

I think he mean for other people to know when friendly fire is happening.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:33:24 AM by Niamak »

paragon

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:56:16 AM »

But.. why?

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »

Dear paragon, i ll try to explain you how might things turn out wrong, not requiring more than 1 minute.
Lets say you have just accomplised ZC capturing all zones, now you are standing in faction base with your companions, getting bored becouse enemies gave up and decided to do whatever else, but not taking zones. At this frustrating moment you ll inititate more-less random test with your teammates. Showing amazing results with trivial weapons, your mates asked you to test same on each of them and repeatedly for whatever purpose. People are excited and entertained for few moments, little bit later you will simply figure out you are unable to even enter heart eventualy your guards gona shoot you on sight and you ll be expeled from faction, which you was nourishing all the time. Why? Becouse you were playing with bottom bar turned off.

Now please tell me my friend. Is reputation system here to annoy people or to protect them from TK? I could say if getting expeled without single TK is possible. Then something is definetly wrong.

paragon

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »

So we should see also HP over the head because you can die playing with bottom bar turned off.
And probably all faction message because they can tell you "Run, enemy are here", and you don't read it because you play with bottom bar turned off.

I can give you many stupid examples, but the meaning of it is that you have information: reputation is decreased with damage on friendlies. Don't shoot them without knowing what you're doing.

Messages overhead are annoying and excessive if you have the log.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »

Think I'll be going with the "You were indicted" ala darksouls method of reporting TK and friendly fire. It will be an option popup for people getting friendly fired / killed to report you which will then drop the target player's rep. The current anti-friendly-fire system was hammered in 1 hour before the launch and its been like that since.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

"now you are standing in faction base with your companions"
"your mates asked you to test same on each of them and repeatedly for whatever purpose."
"faction base"
Are you sure you are playing AoP? You do NOT lose rep in faction bases, it was fixed more than a month or two ago.

"Why? Becouse you were playing with bottom bar turned off."
Then you deserve your punishment, this is FALLOUT, the more of those moments where you are "fck, I didn't know that this'd happen, I screwed up big times" the more Fallout-ish this server becomes.

"I could say if getting expeled without single TK is possible. Then something is definetly wrong."

You do understand that you lose almost no reputation if you shoot once or twice at your friends at the span of time? If you continue shooting them for like... I dunno, like 5 minutes, then maybe, and that's an a-ok reason to get expeled.

I'm not against your idea, it's just your reasoning is nothing.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »

You don't lose reputation while FF on base for tests :)

EDIT : Ow Myakot too fast for me !
+ yes your example does not make much sense, I could go farther and say "OMG I was playing with screen off and I died wtf is wrong with game balance" ...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:57:23 AM by Anza »

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »

Except ability to buy a platoon base... It's just a huge drawback for every new character, as it will take ages for them. But it's requirement what should have been changed, not reputation gain.

If you don't FF, you won't lose reputation anyhow since I know. So just don't FF.

I am realy disapointed of your attitude, i can clearly remember few months ago when you had no idea whats going on in fo2. Now you are basicaly promoting stupid phrase "Wasteland is harsh", its shame for developer to act like this, you might not even know what is purpose of server. But seems you believe the purpose of this game is to make players suffer.

To your arguments:

-reason to revert temporary back is that system itslef is not working properly and there werent so far any TKs with current population. Its obvious but dont make me repeat myself, if you gona oppose in this matter.

-If you cant FF you will be unable to test what you need, what is purpose of such obstacle? Please give a reason. Dont forget there arent all players with platoon bases

-Reputation affects a lot, you just lacking knowldege of this mechanic becouse lets say, you dont play that much... I could bend your claims and ask, why people actualy do not TK if repuation doesnt matter much? Just for your information, you should know that player can loose all his material property within 1 mistake, very similar to baserapes in previous servers, maybe you liked it but i do not.
-Also i was not talking about flat boost, i was talking about adjusting its rate, reputation gain should be mostly from ZC and not assignments, also there is no reason to gain more reputation for harder assignment, since you are doing it just for your own character and property growth, not for glory of faction.

Why letters over head?
-Simply becouse it makes sense, i dont care if those will be in style of bug fallout letter as you get from accomplishin assignment or it will be some kind of automatic dialogue message of your own character.

You don't know who's friendly
You are pretty annoying bro, i want to slap your face.

Are you sure you are playing AoP? You do NOT lose rep in faction bases, it was fixed more than a month or two ago.
"faction base" doesnt reffer to platoon base, but to faction HQ

"Why? Becouse you were playing with bottom bar turned off."
Then you deserve your punishment, this is FALLOUT, the more of those moments where you are "fck, I didn't know that this'd happen, I screwed up big times" the more Fallout-ish this server becomes.
I realy like Fallout games, but i am not sure if i like people with fallout brains. If you need feel intense fallout atmosphere run fo1. I have noticed developers arent planning dark future of this server, thus i do not expect there is significant reason to punish newcomers for lack of knowledge either.

"I could say if getting expeled without single TK is possible. Then something is definetly wrong."

You do understand that you lose almost no reputation if you shoot once or twice at your friends at the span of time? If you continue shooting them for like... I dunno, like 5 minutes, then maybe, and that's an a-ok reason to get expeled.

I'm not against your idea, it's just your reasoning is nothing.
I am little but tired of this thinking, systems are there to organize and serve, if they dont, they arent realy needed. If functionality is limited, it has to be changed, until then, no thanks, keep running this system for somebody else.

You don't lose reputation while FF on base for tests :) -explained

EDIT : Ow Myakot too fast for me !
+ yes your example does not make much sense, I could go farther and say "OMG I was playing with screen off and I died wtf is wrong with game balance" ...  ;)
Anza, why wouldnt you enjoy full screen in HQ? Its irrelevant to topic, but i dont like naggers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:31:09 PM by greenthumb »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 09:18:31 PM »

Your reasoning is becoming even worse, you know that, right?

""faction base" doesnt reffer to platoon base, but to faction HQ"
YOU CAN'T ATTACK IN HQ.

"I realy like Fallout games, but i am not sure if i like people with fallout brains. If you need feel intense fallout atmosphere run fo1."
No I don't. If I want a "user-friendly" game, I'd go play any mmo, not FO.

"I have noticed developers arent planning dark future of this server"
That's right, and cirn0 even answered you above, that he will think of something. As I previously said, I'm not against the idea, it's just that it's the least needed thing, and you can't prove otherwise.

"Anza, why wouldnt you enjoy full screen in HQ?"
You completely missed his\her joke\sarcasm.

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »

"YOU CAN'T ATTACK IN HQ"
YOU CANT INTO FONLINE

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 03:52:28 AM »

actualy u can atack in hq
just saying
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 04:04:27 AM »

actualy u can atack in hq
just saying
hex-shooting in hq doesn't count when we're talking about "noob-friendly" mechanics. It has no correlation with the proposition.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip