Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Change Repair  (Read 12936 times)

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
Change Repair
« on: September 22, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »

Repairing low tier weapons and armor is SO annoying and expensive. I mean, why would you want to waste an oil can or a Kevlar repairing a Mauser or Leather armor? For noobs and Pr0s alike, repairing is annoying and expensive.

My suggestion is to lower the requirements for repairing low-tier items. For Tier 1 armor, use Fibers only, instead of Fibers AND Kevlar. For Tier 1 weapons, use more metal parts or something.

As it is now, it's not even worth it to repair items. People will just ignore the engineering skill.
Things just got worse.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Change Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »

Let them ignore it! And not be able to craft T2.5-3 items! What's the problem? :)
It's not even remotely hard to get a hold of 300 caps for several weapon repairs (oil).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:32:26 PM »

Yea its kind of stupid the way repairing is, it should be items similar needed for crafting.

Like to repair a robe fibers, leather armor should be gecko pelts , fibers, and broken armor. Something like this for all. LAMKII would require kevlar cause its in the crafting recipe, 1 kevlar and broken armor.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »

Agreed, back in the previous phase there was a item trait called low tech (or something like that) that makes the item easier to repair (although the description say that, it wasn't implemented).
So may be, tier 1 leather armors and jackets and most tier 1 weapons should have this trait. Also make those items have better condition when crafted. That should make the game a bit easier to new players.
And it was also the opposite trait (high tech), for combat armour, tesla? and most high tech weapon
I think that for low tier items having ~100-120 science/engineering, should be enough to craft them and repairing it at 90%, for medium tier ~150-160, and high tier ~190-200

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »

Agreed, back in the previous phase there was a item trait called low tech (or something like that) that makes the item easier to repair (although the description say that, it wasn't implemented).
So may be, tier 1 leather armors and jackets and most tier 1 weapons should have this trait. Also make those items have better condition when crafted. That should make the game a bit easier to new players.
And it was also the opposite trait (high tech), for combat armour, tesla? and most high tech weapon
I think that for low tier items having ~100-120 science/engineering, should be enough to craft them and repairing it at 90%, for medium tier ~150-160, and high tier ~190-200
what the banoodle, 190 engineering?! you're crazy. I barely have 95% engineering, it takes forever to raise your skill.

also leather jacket/armor are tier 2s, also Max engineering to craft something is 130%?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:32:22 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »

what the banoodle, 190 engineering?! you're crazy. I barely have 95% engineering, it takes forever to raise your skill.

also leather jacket/armor are tier 2s, also Max engineering to craft something is 130%?
If I remember correctly Combat Leather Coat requires 150% engi or even more.

Gonzo

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:50:38 AM »

Yea its kind of stupid the way repairing is, it should be items similar needed for crafting.

Like to repair a robe fibers, leather armor should be gecko pelts , fibers, and broken armor. Something like this for all. LAMKII would require kevlar cause its in the crafting recipe, 1 kevlar and broken armor.

That's the truth lads. The repair requirements are inadequate. Why should I use the parts that were not used in making of an item in due to repair it?

It's not even remotely hard to get a hold of 300 caps for several weapon repairs (oil).

You're right but that is not a response to the mentioned issue ;)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »

The best way to get material for armor crafting is to science broken armor. So yeah in a way broken armors are used in armor crafting.  ;D (dem brahim skin from broken leather jacket)

I find repairing to be a good way to level up science/engi. My theory : you can repair high tier armor (gain low % dura) even if you don't have the skill level to craft them yet so you get a lot of skill up from it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:00:27 AM by Niamak »

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

engineering sucks , i repair and craft 100 items and i got like 1 point to skil or something  better buy stuff in shop it sucks

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »

I didn't repair one single thing yet. If the oil alone is worth 1/4 of a shop-new item, then something is wrong here.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 10:47:03 AM »

I didn't repair one single thing yet. If the oil alone is worth 1/4 of a shop-new item, then something is wrong here.
What are you equipped with? Simplest of armours? o_0. Faction mk2 costs like 900+ in caps.

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

I totally agree. That's my entire point, the whole system seems kind of broken.

What are you equipped with? Simplest of armours? o_0. Faction mk2 costs like 900+ in caps.

The simple things is the main problem! Ofc the higher tier gear will cost more to fix and buy, that's expected! We're trying to fix the basic stuff here.
Things just got worse.

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »

Leather Jacket, M1C and a M29 Revolver. Why you ask? ;)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »

Leather Jacket, M1C and a M29 Revolver. Why you ask? ;)
"If the oil alone is worth 1/4 of a shop-new item"
That's what swayed me, thought of where did you find 200caps per oil can prices ;D.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »

when i say low tier i was refering to items with that low tech trait i was speaking (not actual tier 1 items), which should be lether armors/jackets even metal mk1, and most of basic tier 1/2 weapons

And yes 190 would be required to craft/repair high tech items (power armors, and that kind of high tech stuff)
But i agree that level those skills its really slow rigth now, there are also some post 24 perks that increase those skills

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »

Lvl'ing those ALONE is hard, I doubt that crafting a piece of T3 will be possible to loners. At least now right at the start.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

repairing is kinda strange anyway its ease to repair armors but weapons is hard and costly, especially that its cost 2 oils and mats comparing to 1 kevlar :P

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

repairing is kinda strange anyway its ease to repair armors but weapons is hard and costly, especially that its cost 2 oils and mats comparing to 1 kevlar :P

You can obtain legendary weapon :D

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »

And very ease lose it :P

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »

What about this.

Add a new npc to each fraction who can repair stuff for 50% of it's cost to 100% condition

Easy way to solve that. And it is not necessary to change current system that way
Either u have money, or u have components. Ur choice
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:38:42 PM by Darvin »
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip