Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Color Nuka  (Read 22160 times)

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Color Nuka
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:58:13 AM »

Is it really okay ? This seems like the ultimate grinder / no-lifer advantage, especially blue and black nuka.

Unlike legendary and T3 weapons, these are consumables so you cannot loot them from your enemies and get the advantage for yourself as they just have to use the nuka and be done with it.
Unless you are grinding for them, you most likely don't have any.

I consider myself as a cool-headed person but every time I see someone chasing or retreating by using blue nuka, it leaves me a bad taste in my mouth. I can't even imagine how a more emotional person would react. #ramonneverrage #couriernevercry
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:00:20 AM by Niamak »

paragon

Re: Color Nuka
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:31:30 AM »

Surprisingly, I can show you how would he react right away! https://youtu.be/qX7hkYuW1oE?t=3m22s
Ramon approves aop joke items which shouldn't influence pvp but let courier to not cry that much!

Nukas are typical grind2win item, very powerful and not available to players like me who doesn't have a will for pve and much time.

Even if they become more balanced, the problem is accessibility.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, developers are ok with "a little grindy" design, and state that you have to suffer through pve to get happiness in pvp.

Today I was reading dev irc logs from Sunday, found words "Drug class C", "Can use it for nukas" in sentences close to each over, my nerves gave up and I decided to take a break from irc for a week.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:42:20 AM by free rerolls man »

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »

Nukas are a bad implementation to this game.

Blue nuka make me think about earlier stage of the game when people were abusing voodoo/leather coat/run speed moduls and could run from 1 edge of the map to another in less than 5 sec.

A grappling skill for melee characters and some kind of str check to disengage melee could prevent the need for it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »

Are you forgetting that we have to get special caps for these? We can't just buy them and they're fine IMO. Red nuka was nerfed a long time ago and nobody uses it anymore. Now people are crying just cause we can chase down someone running away on voodoo or when they're too fast to get their legendary?

There has only been 2 people I've seen use nuka, me and pewpew. Everyone else doesn't bother to get any.

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

"There has only been 2 people I've seen use nuka, me and pewpew. Everyone else doesn't bother to get any."
well buy yourself some new eyes  :o.

problem is: disengaging from melee is way too easy (exept when you are crippled by ripper) so yes chasing people runing away without bluenuka or leadershit speed moduls is vain and will mostly be solded by failure.

special caps for these: yes, something you can farm... and don't tell me it's not easy.

yes, red nuka isn't good, but i don't think it ever have been (but now you can't loose your "fists").

run speed should vary between players making agil char wearing light armors faster than tanky ones.
But i'm digressing and that's not the subject.

Nukas are a bad implementation imo. I don't brag or rage about anything on forums, but some things feel like cheating.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »

Are you forgetting that we have to get special caps for these? We can't just buy them and they're fine IMO.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here but this is exactly what i'm pointing out. As I said earlier :

...This seems like the ultimate grinder / no-lifer advantage, especially blue and black nuka...
...Unless you are grinding for them, you most likely don't have any...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here

Me too, I just see people QQing that a counter to voodoo is gamebreaking

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:35:35 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Kurwier

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »

more butthurt please , hahaha ... family delivering good pain.

ok now jokes aside:

2 stalgher:
sralker u god dam monkey , you can only use them because i am grinding them , i never seen u farm these shit with me :( (time to hoard them in my little room ::) )... and u soak that shit up like its water or you die to pewpew like a pro xD one person cant farm all the shit sralker consuming xDDD

to nugas , i think they are balanced for the most part ... its not that easy to get some good amount of cola caps , it really takes alot of time to get masses and with masses i mean like 40 nukas of each type ... not 100 or 100+ and even if u got 40 blue nugas , sralker will get them to 5 in one week.

now i will go on every nuka :

red nuka : fine since nerf
yellow nuka : fine since bugfix
black nuka : fine since forever
blue nuka : should ne nerfed by adding a winded effect like from vodoo to it to prevent mass consumption

... its really easy to hunt players that run away already by using leaderbuffs and vodoo , the only problem i see form blue nuka is consuming more than 1 without any negative effects , thats when it gets problematic ... i understand its mechanic to give a short runspeed bonus to catch someone or run away , imo it shouldnt be designed to make someone able to run away from middle of the fight by just popping 6 blue nukas from one gate to the other one. otherwise u could ask why vodoo got a winded effect after its duration since its mechanic is quite for the same purpose.

also about melee blue nuka , its complete bullshit since its pretty easy to dodge meleeattacks (1hexrange attacks) thx to cvet , if u doesnt stand still or you dont cross the attackers hex u always fine by just running with the normal runspeed , the meleeguy will just stuck thanks to cvet , only way to get someone with melee is by making him walk (crippled , winded etc. ) or if he stands still like a idiot becasue he thinks he can trade dmg with a melee or he tries to attack 1 meele out of 2 and stand still , well stand still = = ok i watched the video and ripper can attack people with blue nuka , well dev said to me all melee wepaons got same aim/speedtime but it seems like some stuff is capable of things other melee weapons arent (buff waki and machete pls) ... ...

i havent seen anybody die serious by blue nuka anyway , i killed only niamak one time when he was on the run but he was dead already anyway since law did wait at gate. and in family i havent seen anybody use it to chase someone lately , just heard that tenova used it to get away with his legendary which is fine also ... so its not that big of a deal u people making out of it.

if you would start to talk about op mg42 and other stuff i would understand your qq but this topic here is hilarious ... its in same category like me dont have no spa please make aop an arena game.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:51:37 AM by FrankenStone »

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 11:50:47 AM »

Multiple people have used blue nuka. Not just the two stated below.

It is buggy to use and if u change direction as the enemy (under the effects) tries to strike you, it doesn't connect properly.

However, I am inclined to agree with Paragon on this. Is grinding for pvp advantage really worth it?

Make it craftable with the ingredients being very rare to drop so when it is used, it is a nice surprise than a PvP staple.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:54:12 AM by Count Matthew »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 11:52:19 AM »

Actually, this is funny because Stalker and Courier are still trying make me "rage?!" or "angry?!" but by doing so they are also agreeing to my point.

After a year, maybe they will get a hint of how level headed I am. I guess some people just never learn.

I made this thread because I thought it was a good opportunity after Stalker made his video chasing Count Matthew with blue nuka.

Kurwier

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »

Multiple people have used blue nuka. Not just the two stated below.

It is buggy to use and if u change direction as the enemy (under the effects) tries to strike you, it doesn't connect properly.

However, I am inclined to agree with Paragon on this. Is grinding for pvp advantage really worth it?

nigga , you dont get advantage from nukas ... u get advantage in battle from skill , only skill ... some people believed they were pros by using just T3 and making it legendary ( level2s and 3s ) thus people however left server after the stuff was taken from them , shows how skilled they are.

you should really learn the funline basics , funline will never be balanced ... and if you really wanna talk about current meta you should better talk about some recent changes that were made on many T3 weapons and some other T2 weapons , these stuff is far more unbalanced than any nuka can ever be ... and its not like you can farm it that easy like nuka caps ... better think twice before starting such thread.

you can break it down real easy ... aop no arena game ... nukacaps available to everybody ... fight fire with fire and ragequit forever when u run out of the fuel [pixelz] (some recent v tec meme ; family fought the fire with water thats the secretz of war)=Nukagolacabz=(yes PvE , you can farm them alone pretty easy) , unlike T3 which u cant farm propperly alone on the server without any funboxes spawning ( and boxes require people to spawn and still its just x y % to spawn some good T3 wepaon ... its not comparable to some meme cola ... but still more gamechanging than it ).

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:09:25 PM by FrankenStone »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

Be careful Courier, you are doing a Freudian slip right here.

First, you are saying that it's not easy to farm :
...its not that easy to get some good amount of cola caps...
Then you are saying that it's easy to farm :
...and its not like you can farm it that easy like nuka caps...

You should think more careful before trying to express yourself or at least find some order.

Kurwier

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »

Be careful Courier, you are doing a Freudian slip right here.

First, you are saying that it's not easy to farm :
...its not that easy to get some good amount of cola caps...
Then you are saying that it's easy to farm :
...and its not like you can farm it that easy like nuka caps...

You should think more careful before trying to express yourself or at least find some order.

both quotes right , i said u cant farm masses which would allow you to mass use it with constant pvp and secondly i said its not comparable with t3 farming which is nearly impossible alone , or more random ... conclusion : if you dont wanna get chased by a nuka get some nuka yourself , which isnt hard ... i would understand if people would cry about not having the same amount of t3 the enemy has , which wud make more sense if we speak about availabilty of items and their power.

what is you occupation niamak ? you sound like some lawyer who twist/shake the words ive spoken/typed like he want , better join the lawyers with something better than a sonic cannon ::) i can rent you angelamerkel for a week if u pay with good nukas xD
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:16:52 PM by FrankenStone »

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »

To be honest I never liked the implementation of nuka caps to the game or at least at the beginning. I think everyone knows how I hate pve or anything related to op npcs but ....... no need to get to the other side of it.

Calling nuka caps pve players advantage is retarded for 1 obvious reason that most of you try to sidestep : even though you gain them clearing npcs infested areas like 2nd floors of polymer warmart and hospital and maybe other places that I don't know, they are all PVP areas. So you can kill someone who farm them and take the caps from him (thats how I got my first caps anyway). So all pvp players have the advantage of taking them and getting some pvp out of it, there are no safe places from (other players) to farm nuka caps.

If you gonna cry about pve farming winning vs pvp only players you better complain about bos patrols on world map and assignments as these 2 are the only pve only and safe from pvp areas. Everything else is lootable, farmable from other players.           

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »

Good point, Komrade. Just keep in mind, I'm not trying to argue about PVE. I even made a comparison with legendary weapons which are pvp exclusives.

I just want to make a point about how Color Nuka can be considered as an advantage but at the same time can be very hard to obtain. Do you really think it's okay for the grinder / no lifer to have an advantage over you with his 40+ Color Nukas while you, on the other hand, only have 1-2 from looting ?

Unless you are grinding for them, you most likely don't have any.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:30:15 PM by Niamak »

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

While color nukas are obviously giving some advantage to players who have them, they are nowhere near the game changers to be called op or giving clear advantage to players using them. In a way AoP is loot based game so normally players who will play more time than you will have more and better loot than you. They kinda have to be ''rewarded'' for the time they spend in the game.

Now in the ideal AoP world everything would be buyable from faction merchant with pvp caps so players who play only pvp can have everything. Ideally t3 weapons with adjusted prices ofc, buyable from faction merchant would be great, cause otherwise some weapons are almost unobtainable so you cant use them during pvp.

For example I use my second bozar and they both were given to me by other players to use, weapons that I wouldn't be able to use otherwise. Now if only a certain merchant would sell them .....     

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »

2 stalgher:
sralker u god dam monkey , you can only use them because i am grinding them , i never seen u farm these shit with me :( (time to hoard them in my little room ::) )... and u soak that shit up like its water or you die to pewpew like a pro xD one person cant farm all the shit sralker consuming xDDD

Yeah yeah, we just had an abundance of it and none of us used any so I just started taking them. I'll farm some too when server is at 0 :D

Is doing Robco for tier 3 weapons worth it? Answer is yes so why can't nuka be worth it? It's not like you're able to take it to every single battle since they're valuable, just like tier 3 weapons.

Make it craftable with the ingredients being very rare to drop so when it is used, it is a nice surprise than a PvP staple.

Urm...disgusting idea, this will just remove Nuka Factory's point of existing.

Actually, this is funny because Stalker and Courier are still trying make me "rage?!" or "angry?!" but by doing so they are also agreeing to my point.
I'm not agreeing with anything. Nuka doesn't need to be changed and funny how you think we're trying to make you rage. Nothing special Niamak  ::)

I made this thread because I thought it was a good opportunity after Stalker made his video chasing Count Matthew with blue nuka.

OMG 1 clip and blue nuka needs a nerf!!! nerf nao plz!  ::) (BTW I used 1 black nuka and 1 blue before that clip. First time top cvet programming didn't let me hit matthew and black nuka didn't let me reach him with my ripper but I halted him for a while)

I just want to make a point about how Color Nuka can be considered as an advantage but at the same time can be very hard to obtain.

Then what the fuck is the point of this thread?  :o

Do you really think it's okay for the grinder / no lifer to have an advantage over you with his 40+ Color Nukas while you, on the other hand, only have 1-2 from looting ?

Ever since nuka's were implemented, we only have had 45 tops while courier has like 20 more for base decorations. It's been almost a year and somehow we have this HUGE advantage in PvP and declared a no lifer  ::)

There are other things that can use changing other than Nuka's. As courier said the MG42 is very strong. A good change would be adding some sort of barrel overheating for it, similar to RO2 so it can' just be nonstop burst. Maybe like 3 burst max then a 3 sec cooldown.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:23:15 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Kurwier

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »

stalgher forget about robco , it just gives particles , we did 4 runs > 9 particles

I love Clochard

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »

same for warmart

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »

I'm not agreeing with anything. Nuka doesn't need to be changed and funny how you think we're trying to make you rage. Nothing special Niamak  ::)

Even if you are not agreeing with me, you are still confirming every point I made : It is an advantage and you have to grind for it to at least maintain it.
I just want you to drop the act about me crying or QQ, I'm sorry but there is no such thing about me. Anyway you did drop the act. xd

OMG 1 clip and blue nuka needs a nerf!!! nerf nao plz!  ::) (BTW I used 1 black nuka and 1 blue before that clip. First time top cvet programming didn't let me hit matthew and black nuka didn't let me reach him with my ripper but I halted him for a while)

As I said, it was a good opportunity. No one can argue with proof at hand. ;)

I just want to make a point about how Color Nuka can be considered as an advantage but at the same time can be very hard to obtain.
Then what the fuck is the point of this thread?  :o

What ?  :o

Do you really think it's okay for the grinder / no lifer to have an advantage over you with his 40+ Color Nukas while you, on the other hand, only have 1-2 from looting ?

Ever since nuka's were implemented, we only have had 45 tops while courier has like 20 more for base decorations. It's been almost a year and somehow we have this HUGE advantage in PvP and declared a no lifer  ::)

There are other things that can use changing other than Nuka's. As courier said the MG42 is very strong. A good change would be adding some sort of barrel overheating for it, similar to RO2 so it can' just be nonstop burst. Maybe like 3 burst max then a 3 sec cooldown.

I obviously took Courier's number ~40 as a bait to make you feel personally targeted but my point still stands : how would you feel if you were on the other end of the spectrum.
You are free to make another thread about any subject you desire, MG42 or whatever. From what I remember, freedom of speech is still legit in Murica.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip