Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Machete  (Read 13786 times)

FrankenStone

Machete
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »

pls remove attacktime from it or lower it because its way too muhc to make this thing usefull

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Machete
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:41:13 AM »

I wonder if fire rate is added to aim time when you use aim shot.

Btw machete is not the only melee weapon with long fire rate time.

paragon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »

Grinders lobby

FrankenStone

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

otherwise remove that weapon from game becoz it has no function ... beside killing gayckos with it

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 04:40:40 PM »

go +1 for trenqulizer gun and i will +1 your mahcete

FrankenStone

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »

Grinders lobby
I really don't like to see before-human-history weapons to be competitive with last and best technological weapons and often be much better them.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »

I really don't like to see before-human-history weapons to be competitive with last and best technological weapons and often be much better them.

On that note, there's a reason Mortars are still used hundreds of years after their invention, with minimal changes. Not to mention that guns are basically an advanced way of throwing rocks at each other.

I agree that the machete needs a reduction attack time. I've never been killed by one, and the only player I've ever seen using it (Jason Vorhees) had a very specific build for it.

paragon

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »

On that note, there's a reason Mortars are still used hundreds of years after their invention, with minimal changes. Not to mention that guns are basically an advanced way of throwing rocks at each other.

Can you share details of which mortars are you talking about? also, how advanced you're suppose to be to construct one?
Didn't know any story about a war won with rocks against guns. Can you share such?

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »

new generation mortars are only upgraded from basic pipe whit shell to automated load and timed shells so they can explode in air 

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »

Can you share details of which mortars are you talking about? also, how advanced you're suppose to be to construct one?
Didn't know any story about a war won with rocks against guns. Can you share such?

Every single mortar in existence (in use today). Its a tube attached to a backstop that has a pin inside. The only difference is materials and the pin rather than powder at the base.

And how does rocks against guns fit into this argument? I'm not saying throwing a rock is more effective than a gun. What I'm saying is that the only thing that's changed is the means of propelling a projectile, not the basic idea itself. Technology hasn't changed much in regards to killing each other when you get down to it. In regards to the machete, hacking someone to little bits has always been a very effective way of killing someone.
People can die relatively easily, and certain ways of killing have been utilized for centuries (Like a knife, for instance. Still just as effective as it was 2000 years ago.) BECAUSE THEY WORK.  Getting in range, armor, and other factors to contend with are a whole 'nother monster. In terms of killing an unaware person, a gun works just as well as a rock.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:37 AM »

i cant see how modern weapons of any kind make the myriad of older weapons less deadly ???
actualy most of the modern armors are quite inadequate to protect from bladed weapons, and arrow, bolt, javelin type of projectiles

so u carry superior machinegun and dats make blow from ordinary sledgehammer less deadly ???
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »

dude old weapons still better then exaple kelvlar stops bullet from handgun but it cant stop spear or knife

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »

This is interesting. They have a knife resistant gel additive for kevlar vests and such. They also have diamond fiber which is virtually puncture proof. I want some =D. It would seem that protected by this stuff, only a .50 bmg or a sledge hammer would get you. The .50 bmg would only squish your bones too, not penetrate.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »

newer heard of gels for knife but anywey i could stab you in neck or leg artery fast dead, diamond kelvar newer heard too give link pls and if it exist why dont army use it? if you really want to go tehnology beter use simple drones you dont die and get kills

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

paragon

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 02:50:52 AM »

Sure, a tube and a dart isn't that hard to make, but between it and a mortar passed more than a thousand years. Between first and modern mortar, more than 500 years. And the changes are significant, making that 500 years ago mortars very low efficient in the modern warfare.

About rocks, I asked the question after you said that guns are advanced version of it. Implying that same logic for the technology isn't enough to state that ancestors are comparable with advanced versions.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »

well the durabilty of human bodies havent changed alot so why medieval weapons are less efective ?
and am actualy for machete to be made ordinary melee wep
cuz ahm "rare" sneak weapon ??? a fkn gardening tool ? almost as wide spreaded as any common knife
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »

It has been determined that something like 1 in 10 warriors were ever killed in combat before some technological event ( china mass production of crossbow, steel, something like that ). Ancient war has been called a pushing match. Once the defeated started to run away, only then would the attackers be able to kill their enemies and not just hurt them/take them out of the fight.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »

It has been determined that something like 1 in 10 warriors were ever killed in combat before some technological event ( china mass production of crossbow, steel, something like that ). Ancient war has been called a pushing match. Once the defeated started to run away, only then would the attackers be able to kill their enemies and not just hurt them/take them out of the fight.
what duno who sead thet but i think people died alot in medival fights especialy cuz infections and other stuff, anywey about machete duno i tested only in base but 2 hits you are dead if not hp yourself

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »

There is a documentary about it. Only the victors would have died of infection in most cases because the losing side is nearly always wiped out. Sad that the whole army would turn and run after a bit of fighting just to be slaughtered. This shows how cowardly people were even before luxury. Of course, when all the cowards on your team start running away you are fucked.

edit: I do believe that the 90 percent includes disease/infection/whatnot
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:31:06 PM by twat »
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip