Author Topic: An idea about skills  (Read 3563 times)

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
An idea about skills
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:39:18 AM »

An addition to normal spending skill points each level up i propose an improvement
My idea is simple. Per 24 hours you can improve any skill by 1 point by using it.

Chance is 0.25% (1 of 400).

Daily limit is 5 different skills by +1.

Avaraglly you should do an action (heal, shoot, travel, trade, etc) 400 times to improve a skill but you never know when its going to improve so you might need even 1000 actions or more

I want it to happen passive way, so people wouldn't shoot at each other, trade or abuse this future somehow just to get this daylily +1. I want it to be a slow background improvement so as more you play and use particular skill, as more skill you have in a loooong run. It is not nesseserry to show playes what is cool down, what skill improved or how many of 5 left for today so they wouldn't abuse it. Just to let people know that every skill (not only 4) can be improved a bit if you play one character a lot and doing some action regularly (healing, travelling, shooting special types of guns, etc)

Why i think this is a good idea?
Well, after level 24 you have plenty of skills to spend your points on, but you have some limitations as well. This small and slow bonus can open really unlimited possibilities if someone really likes playing one character

The thing is, i took gifted and on 24th get heavy weapons 242 spending all my skill point only on that. I have int 10 and perk +2 skill point each level but i failed to get 250 by only 3 points. It is quite sad :'( . I thought if only there was a way to slightly improve skills even if it will take 2 weeks or a month to get this 3 point it would be nice :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:46:42 AM by Darvin »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: An idea about skills
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:44:16 AM »

There will be no point in making a non-gifted character. Your own fault that you've failed with your calculations.
Also, did you just create your first character with gifted w/o reading a piece of a giant red text saying "TAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT FOR BEGINNERS", failed with that, and now suggesting something that would help you, and you only? ;)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:44 AM »

I know i screw up with gifted and i admit it. Althought it is just an exmaple of how can it be beneficial. I am not just saying all that bc i want this 3 skill point, i am trying to give an idea about long run char development to fight with multi windows players which already exist even here althought developers really did a lot to prevent that

I am not saying that every one should be the best in everything if he plays his char like a year. There still going to be perks and SPETIAL. And i don't think that this small future will give 250-200 all skills eventually to everyone who plays a long time

+5 skill point every 24 hours is not very much. Numbers are controversial. Limit can be +3 or +1.
Just current limitations of char development after 24 is quite harsh by my opinion. When i ' v e got 24 i immediately start wondering about new char and i am not alone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:59:31 AM by Darvin »

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »

bad idea sorry my opinion
and gifted is fine u can bring combat skill to 225 one less weapon perk for all dat stats yes ty
and btw u have option to make full melee tank/sneaker/thrower taking all weapon perks cuz them skills cap on 200
think about it if you are shooter 1 int + 1 luck will give u more crit than any single weapon perk 1 cha more gives noticeable difference when in squad str end and per are pretty much self explanatory only agi is questionable in some cases but still gives its bonuses and what u loose measly weapon perk not to mention not all weapons have 5 perks
GIFTED is op as HELL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:58:12 AM by nailbrain »
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Deathproof

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »

Unnecessary. You made uncalculated risk and now you want total re-work of the skill system because of it.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip