Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: why only 20 players  (Read 17757 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: why only 20 players
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 10:30:19 PM »

2238 with AoP mechaines = 100000 players

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:50 AM »

meaningfull PVE in core, ability to PVP on world map, bases for the clans,opening the multistories buildinngs levels
i personaly would enjoy varied mission like (Sabotage mutant/ghul outpost) (Clear deathclaw,scorpion,whatever  nest) (protect or rescue NPC)
some more menial task like repair water pump in some random location + some critter to kill
basic material vendor (buying all basic material and raw food ingredients)

And running server if possible
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 04:37:56 AM »

I hope they will never put closed faction ingame. It would break one of the server core features, IMO. The whole point is the loners/casuals/noobs joining the veterans and become veterans themselves.

Also, there no need for 100 000 players. If we could have something between 100 and 200, i would be very happy.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »

why not ? closed factions it is better  than warring platoons and rampant PK
not to mention when big clans were in the factions they treated other people like sidekicks or plain fodder
let em have their bases

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:16 PM »

why not ? closed factions it is better  than warring platoons and rampant PK
not to mention when big clans were in the factions they treated other people like sidekicks or plain fodder
let em have their bases

the thing is
you're not FORCED to play with noobs
you can just as well, create your own fucking platoon, have your own squad chat with your Bloodthirsty russian maniac friends and go around killing people together, open faction system made the game Beginner friendly, because they can find help and mostly, free gear from friendly veterans that will help them in the beginning untill they can actually do shit by themselves, surely, when your fellow platoon members are offline and you're looking for some good ol' PvP you can match up with some randoms from your faction and go together

private bases, rooms, pretty much all the basic private clan stuff still exists, it's just renamed into a platoon

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »

i didnt say replace platoons with clan bases
they can coexist in one server

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »

i didnt say replace platoons with clan bases
they can coexist in one server

How?  Please explain to me how having clan bases DOESN'T negate the purpose of a platoon. As has been discussed before, if you don't want to have to interact with anyone that's your problem. Clans are a slippery slope to exclusivity that always tends to be destructive to the playerbase around them. We already have EVERY-DAMN-THING that a clan has with platoons, with the added bonus of them being in a faction full of other players. If you want to have an exclusive circlejerk all by your lonesomes without any other players to spoil your fun, go neutral faction.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:43:40 PM by Myakot »

FrankenStone

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »

dam marxman is so right , aop got good design , i was today in fonline2 lel and u know what they did with 5 + people in ncr , roleplay lel bahahaha , i mean wtf , give me some action ... pls me need aop hard

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 09:01:22 AM »

I hope they will never put closed faction ingame. It would break one of the server core features, IMO. The whole point is the loners/casuals/noobs joining the veterans and become veterans themselves.

I agree, people dislike it because it takes them out of their comfort zone. Factions become the same-old same-old circle jerk of people who already know each other since 2238 or something.

No, in AoP you have to make do with what you have and turn those dumb n00bs into real men. That's how it should work. If they are too dumb or trollish, isolate them and hope they go to your rival faction so you can shoot them in the face later.

For people who like exclusive factions, I think that we just need more platoon-directed mechanics to help. There's also the fact we're gonna see more factions in the future, final plan is 8.

Then again, the quality of noobs has gone down lately. When I was a AoP noob, I was ZCing before I hit level 5, I wanted to do it so bad I got ahead of myself and we had to hunt down some shit before I could do it. It does piss me off a bit to see those level 12 n00bs just going on assigs and core runs rather than doing ZCs or at least heading off with guerilla deathsquad parties.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:03:30 AM by The Brazilian Slaughter »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 09:21:24 AM »

The core is now more dangerous for newcomers.
- You end up in zone that doesn't belong to your faction, everyone know it.  If they don't mind killing solo, the deathsquad will hunt you.
- You count for ZC even under level 6.
- In the early days of the section, no matter the hour, you were sure that there was other members of your faction in the zones near your gate. You could be defended by random guys that just happened to be on the same map. Now, you are often on your own.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »

The core is now more dangerous for newcomers.
- You end up in zone that doesn't belong to your faction, everyone know it.  If they don't mind killing solo, the deathsquad will hunt you.
- You count for ZC even under level 6.
- In the early days of the section, no matter the hour, you were sure that there was other members of your faction in the zones near your gate. You could be defended by random guys that just happened to be on the same map. Now, you are often on your own.

I would now expect veterans to guard newcomers. Set up patrols to defend people scavenging.

This is what I will be doing when the server is back up anyway.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 09:47:05 AM »

This is what some regular lawyers veterans do.
Assist them is assignements & in scavenging.

But, when veterans aren't there, or are already doing something else (dungeon/ZC/etc...), the low lever are in more danger than in the beginning of the server, even when they scavenge close to their gate.

FrankenStone

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »

we need fresh meat ...

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »

In the last days we had newcomers in Lawyers and they came to ZC with their low level so no problem there  :)

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »

In the last days we had newcomers in Lawyers and they came to ZC with their low level so no problem there  :)

Ironking lol

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »

But, when veterans aren't there, or are already doing something else (dungeon/ZC/etc...), the low lever are in more danger than in the beginning of the server, even when they scavenge close to their gate.

I think most veterans would not encourage the killing of bluesuits.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 02:32:34 PM »

aop NOW
want !!!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »

I think most veterans would not encourage the killing of bluesuits.

Faggotry decline
In the old days I used to get gunned down by swarms of v-tec while being a lonely low-level bluesuits. No reason to set a proper presence in the Core if nobody guns down your people.

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »

I had two toons with 1.2 mil exp b4 my first kills. i normally just heal my brother and he has like a dozen kills but really I was scared to make mistakes with only 2 or 3 allies. to me as a noob it seemed like anyone to fight must be pro cause shit no one is there and my mistakes would make a huge impact. lack of players is the cause of this. Not the fault of the game.

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:17 PM »

and i admit. ima wuss. but so is doyle
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip