Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sneak Boys  (Read 21127 times)

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Sneak Boys
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »

If only you've played the game as long as I have, you'd be agreeing with me. Especially pointing out sneak problems that I've been trying to get changed for a very long time.

Instead you just come here to loot 24/7, roleplay in IRC, steal my quality dank memes with no hardcore PvP experience and claim I'm crying when you yourself have no Fucken clue what I'm talking about.

And please, all you can do is agree with Ramon, someone who desperately tries hard to keep sneak in its OP state. As I said before, let the big bois talk  :)

Don't take this personal. You don't belong here in AoP, a server meant for PvP and you're not a PvP'r.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:32:46 PM by IIKM-enotsneknarF »
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 02:03:29 AM »

Don't take it personal but fuck off. I never said I'm happy with sneak in form it was played from the beginning of this session, I even agreed with you about sneak changes few times, but instead you will point out only that you was playing here longer. Great toxicity. You never played here with me in squad, so you have no right to tell shit about my PvP level. And once again, you are not alone here, you are not some kind of God damn VIP and everyone can say their opinion even me. So give me a break.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 06:45:35 AM »

Okay, let's be serious now.

Sneaking is still too cheap, caps wise. Here are my thoughts on the general subject:

Sneakers equipment is generally cheaper than a full blown combat character. Full sneak attire is probably around the 2k caps mark. (you can farm most of the weapons, wakis, automags and Metba(?) and just need to buy armour and a stealth boy). Stealth Boys are too cheap I believe. Full Combat character should be around 4k.

Gameplay wise - it is generally easily to counter - a wise man once said, ''why go to the core alone?''. If you are worried about sneakers, why do you wander the pvp area alone? Ask a buddy to go with you.

Since the needler has been nerfed, sneak has lost a lot of its ''wipe period'' power.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:49:18 AM by Count Matthew »

Focus Him

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 08:18:13 AM »

Sneaking is still too cheap, caps wise. Here are my thoughts on the general subject:

Sneakers equipment is generally cheaper than a full blown combat character. Full sneak attire is probably around the 2k caps mark. (you can farm most of the weapons, wakis, automags and Metba(?) and just need to buy armour and a stealth boy). Stealth Boys are too cheap I believe. Full Combat character should be around 4k.

It is not about stuff cost because in 15 minutes you can get 15k caps. Sneakers work depends only on one thing which Stalker said: "Posibility to run as a sneaker with few types of weapon.".

As Weasel said, now sneaker with minigun or something else is available for everyone, there is no experience needed to make a build for that (it's my anniversary of being here for one month and I can create everything easily lol).

Good luck wastelanders, have fun with spamming on forum instead of playing.

Cheers  ;D

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:48 AM »

Well, rising cost of sneak-boy would be a good start.
Anyway I tought it was told many times ago, strange no one tried to change it till now.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 08:57:14 AM »

It is not about stuff cost because in 15 minutes you can get 15k caps. Sneakers work depends only on one thing which Stalker said: "Posibility to run as a sneaker with few types of weapon.".

As Weasel said, now sneaker with minigun or something else is available for everyone, there is no experience needed to make a build for that (it's my anniversary of being here for one month and I can create everything easily lol).

Good luck wastelanders, have fun with spamming on forum instead of playing.

Cheers  ;D

I play plenty thanks Focus Him.

There is no such thing as a decent or even playable minigun sneaker. Lets ''park'' this subject as it is complete bullshit.

Sneakers are generally easily counterable as long as you have a well organised team.

I personally think being able to deter sneakers is a skill and communication issue.

The cost is still a valid arugment.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »

I dont see how this is a valid argument. If you neglect easily farmable weapons and consumables, then sneak is in fact more expensive:

CA mk3 = 1875 caps
CLC + sneakboy = 1875 + 180 caps

Stealth boys are too cheap, agreed. But Combat leather coat is too expensive for what it does, nobody that isnt a sneaker would ever buy it at this price.
So if you increase snekboy price, reduce CLJ and CLC price to compensate.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:22 AM »

I dont see how this is a valid argument. If you neglect easily farmable weapons and consumables, then sneak is in fact more expensive:

CA mk3 = 1875 caps
CLC + sneakboy = 1875 + 180 caps

Stealth boys are too cheap, agreed. But Combat leather coat is too expensive for what it does, nobody that isnt a sneaker would ever buy it at this price.
So if you increase snekboy price, reduce CLJ and CLC price to compensate.

The total value of a combat character which includes - smokes (other grenades), epi-pens and super stimpacks are expensive and are not really farmable. Maybe because you only have really played sneaker, you are not fully aware a soldiers necessities.

I still agree with STALKER and his thoughts on sneak more than most other people.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »

Weird, because i take smokes and stims and an epipen to every single battle.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

I have played both a lot and must say that my full combat char is around 500 caps more expensive than the sneaker. Personally I was against the idea of very strong sneaker chars but if you count how fast you can die as sneaker with almost no chance to tank anything unless your enemy has weak weapon. The range spread and damage of a minigun can put a real end to your sneaking pretty fast with almost 0 chance to escape.

Whoever said about sneakers with minigun doesn't play the game so whole argument is retarded. On the other hand the ability of a sneaker to wear CA and use the strong pistols really give them the op edge over any normal combat char with pistol.

As for the needler bullshit at the beginning, the desneak was bugged also in case noone noticed, you could make 2 shots and leave without anyone seeing you.       

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 10:39:08 AM »

Weird, because i take smokes and stims and an epipen to every single battle.

Me too, also voodoo and afterburner gum.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 10:41:36 AM »

Make that 2 voodoo and not only smoke nades.

FrankenStone-MKII

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »

15k caps in 15 min = yolo

its more like 15k caps in ~50 min

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 12:06:32 PM »

Whoever said about sneakers with minigun doesn't play the game so whole argument is retarded.

Well Allright, time to educate someone! Holding a BG is -25 to sneak and you CAN wear a CA. Now...let's say im playing a sniper: I'm watching a huge field in front of me and i see 95 hexes in front. Mr Minigun and CA appears at around what...40 hexes? So that means he appears at bursting range.......Do you see where i'm going with this?  ???

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »

Do you see where i'm going with this?

I see that you dont even play the fucking game.

Try to equip a minigun loaded with ammo and walk around in sneak

Stem Sunders

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »

Round, 3...FIGHT!

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »

don't reply to trolls ramon.

This is my job.

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »

I play the game, i just dont play sneakers because i strongly disagree about what a sneaker should be allowed to do. If you talk about the weight of the gun: One of the recent-ish updates stated the weight does not factor in cells consumption anymore. If you want, replace minigun with ''any machine guns'' you can still walk right up to range of anyone before they can see you.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »

"I love to complain about things i have no fucking clue about"

Then equip a minigun and walk around in sneak and see for yourself

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »

"I love to complain about things i have no fucking clue about"
Then equip a minigun and walk around in sneak and see for yourself

Hmm i supose you are the sneak master? you know everything and anything about sneaking? So then you tell me: with 200 sneak, a stealthboy, a CAmk3 and one BG equiped, at what distance does a 10PE char sees you?

Oh, and you told me before that the stealthboy changes were a nerf.....il need more explanations on that. Since in my book:200+20+20 -6 hexes to min detection range +another 20 for standing still seems like it's a whole lot better than 250.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip