Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Power Armor  (Read 33875 times)

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Power Armor
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:26:10 AM »

Power Armor Feedback & Discussion goes here.

Salvaged Power Armor:
Obtained via Epic Loot vendor in your faction base for 20 power armor fragments and 4000 caps
Or via Power Armor Salvaged Kit (Currently only drops in last boss of Hell Hole dungeon) [80 metal parts, 80 components, 80 alloys, 6 polymer, 6 ceramic,  15 power armor fragments]
Drop Kit on floor and use science / Engineering on it.

Pros
-Un-critable
-Ammo DT mod is ignored
-Knockdown and Knockouts converted to Winded
-Suffer only 1/3rd Bleed

Cons
-6 AP Drain per second
-Takes 200% bullets from bursts
-130 KGs
-2x Harder to Heal
- -1 PE
-2x Malus rate of fire

At 0 hp, you are dropped out of the Power Armor.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:35:23 PM by cirn0 »
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Louis

• Wanderer
  • North Raider
    • View Profile
Re: Power Armor
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:42:54 AM »

Why not, you could add BoS Patrols walking around the center/sewers/exploring dungeons with around 700 hps and heavy guards, there could be like 15% chances to find one on the body of a soldier wearing one.

+

For making it more rare and unique, there could be like 1/2 groups only that appears just in the weekends, that's your choice now if you want to make it display like a server message event, or not  ;D

EDIT : Now with the new changelogs, in my opinion, what about only by having got a training coming from a NPC from the BoS (Looks like BoS isn't present in AoP) so than, a NPC could be present for each factions, some ideas :

V-Tech : Ex-Scribe, An girl coming from the East that don't support the BoS anymore since the war with the robots and the mutants there, joined the V-tech because she is for the idea that the womens win the fight against the others faction. She can give the training for wearing PA for caps and High Rep (reference Fallout : Tactics.)

Brahmin Boys : Ex-Veteran Trainer, this old trainer was giving lessons before to the new initiates, in a Bunker located in the hills near the NCR, He's at the research of the Chosen One *personal reasons*, now need caps for keep travelling for his objective. He gives the training for caps and High Rep (reference to Fallout : 1)

Family : Ex-Initiate, back from the ruins of Washington, DC. Apparently this initiate was suppose to be promoted Paladin, but he gots captured by some slavers and after selled to the Family, He/she gives the training for wearing PA for caps and High Rep (or by making him free *suggest hard quest*) (reference Fallout : 3)

Lawyers : Paladin, coming from the Nevada, this paladin is one of the son of a grand-Paladin who a long time ago, made a town with a mutant in his young ages. Now he's giving the training for wearong PA for caps and High Rep. (Not much creativity on this last one haha, sorry).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:50:19 AM by Louis »
Crazy 88

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:01:51 AM »

Feedback? Was it added and I've missed it?
If not: considering how easy you can get anything here compared to other servers, PAs should be easier to find as well.

Actual question (for me at least) is:
Will you be able to find a one-piece-suit of PA or craft ingredients only? (Or the first option with like 15% deteoriration.)
This matters a lot.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Louis

• Wanderer
  • North Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:03:14 AM »

Feedback? Was it added and I've missed it?
If not: considering how easy you can get anything here compared to other servers, PAs should be easier to find as well.

Salvaged Power Armor is there for that.  :)

I mean, the real Power-Armor should and only being lootable from a BoS NPC, in my opinion, why that ? because players shouldn't get T4 that easy way, it brokes the game like a bit FOnline 2. T4 items are powerfull so, some how, the players have to get them on hard ways. Honnestly, I don't want see everyone ruining into a T4 PA but only few, maybe just the pros. But, this is just my opinion. In-fact, need keep in my mind that the items need to be set for the game-style of the server too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:05:33 AM by Louis »
Crazy 88

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 02:51:08 AM »

We've got the PA, It's interesting.
Definitely something you have to think about, before you use it. Very powerful, but a lot of drawbacks.

paragon

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:06:54 AM »

"Considering how easy you can get anything here compared to other servers, PAs should be easier to find as well."

Do not compare servers having different ideologies.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:23:35 AM »

"Considering how easy you can get anything here compared to other servers, PAs should be easier to find as well."

Do not compare servers having different ideologies.
I actually think this is a bit easy to obtain.
That said, it has some drawbacks, and it isn't the highest tier of PA (it is the lowest.)

I think there will be a lot of fragment farming today.

paragon

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »

I tried the dungeon and as far as I see it's too easy to obtain right now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:26:40 AM by paragon »

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:52 AM »

130 kg WTF?That means people with at least 6 str and strong back perk cannot use it?And even if they use it they cannot cary weapons or anything else?You need to edit that value lol.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »

You need to edit that value lol.
You're right! Every build should be able to use salvaged, janky power armor.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

130 kg WTF?That means people with at least 6 str and strong back perk cannot use it?And even if they use it they cannot cary weapons or anything else?You need to edit that value lol.
Who the heck said that snipers can carry Power Armour? It has a freaking 100% CR, what did you expect.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 08:36:21 AM »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »

*Pic*
So when's a brahmin-leather power armour coming into scene?

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »

ROFL you guys are crazy,so a char with 5-6 str and strong back can only carry pa and no weapons or anything.....Who the hell would use that pos then.130 is overkill no matter what ,90-100 sounds more reasonable.

EDIT:Can you run with weapons you usually couldn't with?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:42:29 AM by PorkchopExpress »
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »

so a char with 5-6 str and strong back
Going to stop you right there. This is the lowest tier PA, and thus, the least technologically advanced. It has a high strength requirement, and very specific requirements to use effectively. Servos that would normally hold the weight for you, are gone.
We're talking a giant metal suit, here.  Thrown together from scraps. Many, many times heavier than the suits of armor from our past.

This armor is not meant for a character with 6str. You probably shouldn't touch this without 8+ str, and seeing as how there is a reroll feature...
Sacrifices must be made for balance.
EDIT:Can you run with weapons you usually couldn't with?
Not this version, it is missing those weight servos that would normally allow you to do that.

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »

ROFL you guys are crazy,so a char with 5-6 str and strong back can only carry pa and no weapons or anything.....Who the hell would use that pos then.130 is overkill no matter what ,90-100 sounds more reasonable.
Stop pretending that you don't know how to increase your weight limit. You're not fooling anyone. PA weight requirement is fine.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »

Stop pretending that you don't know how to increase your weight limit. You're not fooling anyone. PA weight requirement is fine.

Yea i know how but....seeing that you cannot run with those weapons it's pos.Guess a trophy in base.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »

Ummm, noob question.

Is there a better way to get it? I dont feel like taking on these guys....

P.s this noob doesnt know how to access a dungeon.....

ZwierQ

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »

So now we just have to farm those thing, make 10CH and walk around with a leader with carry weight module and +dr module. R.I.P. sg snipers cause of aimtime and that thing.

EDIT. Forgot to add. Make it req some base str if you want to prevent snipers from wearing it or something.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »

You can use combat knife.  8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip