Author Topic: Trading Outposts  (Read 4745 times)

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
Trading Outposts
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »

I think there really needs to be a reason to not be in a faction, and a trading outpost would definitely make it rain cheese from the sky. I know I would ditch the BrahminBoys and go straight to the outpost :P

This is just how I would set it up:
Either
- Make four new locations between every HQ, those locations being trading outposts
Or
- Make a single outpost in the core preferably in the center (I don't know how that would work though, I guess you would have to scrap one location and replace it with the outpost)

Other things:
- There will prob have to be some kind of truce in this location, maybe everybody who enters cannot add items to slot 1 and 2 and if they already have them there when they enter a guard strips them (like in New Vegas) until they leave.
- There will prob be lots and LOTS of traffic in this area so it would be best to have a big area for ppl to breathe.
- There will prob be people selling worthless junk so in order to enter the outpost you require to have either 1000 caps or 100 caps worth of stuff (hopefully there wont be ppl carrying tons of lightweight junk that somehow manages to be worth 100 caps in total)
- Now probably the biggest problem of them all is that right now you can only "trade" by dropping stuff, therefore there will have to be some sort of trade dialogue like with the non-player merchants.
- This creates the problem of people interrupting one another in dialogue, which there is a simple solution: dialogue cannot be interrupted, you'll have to wait your turn or find someone else. Besides it takes time to negotiate.
- Also the chat will prob be absolutely bogged down and the two ppl would rally have to negotiate, therefore I guess when your in trade dialogue somehow make it so that other ppls messages don't show up in chat (maybe for the exception of your squad)

^Thats all I have time to write right now, but let me know what you guys think. It's quite the wishlist, I don't expect any of this to be done, the game is great as it is now :D but this sure would be awesome!

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Outposts
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 03:06:09 AM »

This has been really often suggested, I bet its coming in the big patch.

- Make a single outpost in the core preferably in the center (I don't know how that would work though, I guess you would have to scrap one location and replace it with the outpost)

I think one problem of the trading outpost/safe heaven/neutral zone is that the Core is in the dead middle of the map, that would be the ideal location for it.

Putting it INSIDE the Core is a bad bad bad idea because people will camp grids.

A idea that I had yesterday is that you can access it from the Faction Gate of your faction like you access a part of the Gate's map, but rather than sending you to the Gate's map, it sends you to the Neutral Zone's map, from which you can only leave to the worldmap (and back to your gate).

I think there really needs to be a reason to not be in a faction, and a trading outpost would definitely make it rain cheese from the sky. I know I would ditch the BrahminBoys and go straight to the outpost

I think this should't be only non faction advantage, but it could work.
I have some factionless suggestions, but I will make them later, through.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:09:45 AM by The Brazilian Slaughter »

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:11:15 AM »

- Now probably the biggest problem of them all is that right now you can only "trade" by dropping stuff, therefore there will have to be some sort of trade dialogue like with the non-player merchants.
There is a barter dialogue already implemented, you need to stand at 1hex of a player and when you display the mouse menu over the player there are two barter options: open (where you can see all the item in inventory) or close (where only its seen what you put for trade)

paragon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:34:36 AM »

Use "close" only if you want to crash the client of your partner.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »

This has been really often suggested, I bet its coming in the big patch.

I think one problem of the trading outpost/safe heaven/neutral zone is that the Core is in the dead middle of the map, that would be the ideal location for it.

Putting it INSIDE the Core is a bad bad bad idea because people will camp grids.

A idea that I had yesterday is that you can access it from the Faction Gate of your faction like you access a part of the Gate's map, but rather than sending you to the Gate's map, it sends you to the Neutral Zone's map, from which you can only leave to the worldmap (and back to your gate).

I think there really needs to be a reason to not be in a faction, and a trading outpost would definitely make it rain cheese from the sky. I know I would ditch the BrahminBoys and go straight to the outpost

I think this should't be only non faction advantage, but it could work.
I have some factionless suggestions, but I will make them later, through.

That my friend, is a much better idea  :P (btw your the only person to ever kill me in this game so far, just wanted to say that)

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:16 AM »

There is a barter dialogue already implemented, you need to stand at 1hex of a player and when you display the mouse menu over the player there are two barter options: open (where you can see all the item in inventory) or close (where only its seen what you put for trade)

You gotta be kidding me :O this whole time me and my buds have been dropping stuff for eachother which takes a long time :P thank you very much sir! :D

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »

Wait, so that means trading isn't possible yet then :P

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

Thats explain a lot, i always use open mode, but my friends cannot be able to trade between them and we tough it was a problem only with them
Wait, so that means trading isn't possible yet then :P
Its posible, just use open mode.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip