Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nerf modules  (Read 21902 times)

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Nerf modules
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:10 AM »

Modules at current state render non 10ch builds useless. They prevent variety of characters as everyone wants to have 10ch as it provides most benefit making other stats useless. In result all characters are similar and there's no variety.
It ends in situation of people having two chars - one for team pvp with 10ch and one for solo play if they even need one.
I suggest to heavily nerf modules to bring some variety back to character making.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf modules
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »

nerf whining!!

Nerf not contructive suggestions!!

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:37:07 AM »

nerf remington, nerf milkor, nerf bg sniper, nerf sg sniper, nerf sneak, nerf aimed critical hit, nerf ALL \o/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:39:28 AM by Niamak »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 06:37:31 AM »

nerf whining!!

Nerf not contructive suggestions!!

Does that include this post?

And this post?

Add looping paradox.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »

Nerf Teemo...Oh, wrong game.

I dont know what nerfing modules would do. I dont even know what having 10ch improves when it comes to modules :s.

We are talking about the memory modules that we install to our cheap boys right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:13:44 AM by Stem Sunders »

ZwierQ

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »

nerf remington, nerf milkor, nerf bg sniper, nerf sg sniper, nerf sneak, nerf aimed critical hit, nerf ALL \o/
Agreed with that. If crying and nerfing will stay as it is now this server should change name to Ashes of Mechanics. A lot of things have to change here. Modules and Charisma too. I think it should be leadership dependant for both leader and squad member, nerfed about 50-80%. Just make it a feature not game changer. With this nerf should go some stat revamp. Making ap dependant of agility, more penalties if you don't have minimum strength that weapon requires, removing weapon handling perk, critical consequences of having stats <5 etc., etc. If it is going as it looks like, just give us the one proper build that you/devs want us to play.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 07:12:33 AM »

OR stop whining and  create multiple characters for different situations like most of smart people did?One for ZC,one for solo looting pve or w/e but saying that build with high ch will  win some other build in 1v1 is just nonsense.You do have to keep that those characters are pretty useless unless you have a leader with you for active bonuses....To go solo around with that build is like commiting suicide.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »

OR stop whining and  create multiple characters for different situations like most of smart people did?One for ZC,one for solo looting pve or w/e but saying that build with high ch will  win some other build in 1v1 is just nonsense.You do have to keep that those characters are pretty useless unless you have a leader with you for active bonuses....To go solo around with that build is like commiting suicide.
That is also one of the negative sides of too strong modules - they promote alts. With modules changed this problem would also be fixed as people would be able to play on decent level with one char as it was designed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:28:53 AM by baskila »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:35:09 AM »

I do think leadership as it is now is very powerful and most of the builds try to go 10 charisma. However this was the purpose of leadership to have strong bonuses when people make squads. But when you kill the leader, everybody lose the bonuses.
This points out the actual issue : there is no way to identify easily leaders except the main one who is hard to target I guess. Squad leaders and FTL should be easy to spot and target, as they should be priority targets. Si maybe add a forced name colo for them ? Add XX% accuracy on them (as they are focused on giving orders and not moving/paying attention/whatever) ?
This should make more builds because some people will go like 5 charisma to have bonuses but not to rely too much on it in case of leader dies. Moreover it could add more tactics during fights as people will and should try to kill leaders first.
On another subject, most of the builds have 10 intelligence too right ?

PS : I play a FTL  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:38:44 AM by Anza »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 07:53:24 AM »

Yeah identifiable squad leaders would be awesome, maybe link that to a perk though, perhaps leadership based (needs 100 leadership to take) that gives some other bonus too.

Otherwise no one would want to be a squad leader lol if everyone can immediately identify and target them down.

In regards to intelligence, I think high numbers are quite common but there are builds I have seen that have very little and manage fine.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »

nerf is not needed little rebalance maybe
the actual leader recieves all bonuses as of now
and all his subordiantes recieves 1/3 of his current buffs regardless of cha
dat way only one superman per squad others are demoted to ordinary batmans

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:03:13 AM by nailbrain »
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »

Imo it should be more something like
The leader gets nothing or even maluses
The squad gets bonuses depending on CHA

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:23 AM »

AC module: 2,5x as much AC as the dodger perk
DR module: 4x as much DR as the toughness perk
fire module: +40% dps (highest dps increasing perk is silent hill death with +15% average)
and lets not even get started about critical stat modules that turn everyone into a juggernaut that nobody can knockout or armor bypass

fair and balanced obviously
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:08:47 AM by RazorRamon »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:14:42 AM »

You could cut those values in half and it is still stronger than any other stat.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »

AC module: 2,5x as much AC as the dodger perk
DR module: 4x as much DR as the toughness perk
fire module: +40% dps (highest dps increasing perk is silent hill death with +15% average)
and lets not even get started about critical stat modules that turn everyone into a juggernaut that nobody can knockout or armor bypass
fair and balanced obviously

And the other team doesn't have that?You cannot whine about this in 1v1 unless you go rambo 1vs entire faction.If you encounter one of "squad" characters solo,he'll get raped easily since 10ch is then useless without bonuses(unless you came into ZC zone solo,but that's your fault).And when you have these bonuses active it usually means that it's ZC time and then the enemy team has them too so i dont really see the issue.Biggest issue is couple of modules like that fire boost which results in flamers raping melees.But hey, no build should be able to beat every other out there....And it IS really pain in ass to find leaders who run modules useful for your build(unless you all made clones).

Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

paragon

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »

This is a team game which rewards good organization and teamwork. Everyone can create CH 1 character and do whatever they want, being balanced. Someone who creates CH 10 character has to stick to concrete role and the leader all the time.
As leader you can choose only 3 bonuses in one time, not all of them.
You require dedicated leader to get those bonuses. One leader can not share different bonuses to different characters. Dedicated leader has to have leadership 200. Currently in v-tech without KotW (who plays rarely) only 2 dedicated leaders in Europe prime time, probably around 2 in America prime time. They can not provide needed bonuses to everyone. Not everyone is online everyday and every minute. And also I believe that amongst people I play with CH 1-2 builds are 70-80%.
You'd better run if you have no leader or your leader is dead / flee / stupid.

I believe lawyers have much better organization in this question and actually can create correct Fire Teams with specialized bonuses. Good for them, it's their own good work. Try do it yourself.

Leadership system is one of the best and most noticeable features of this server. It could take some rebalance but not nerfing it as it gives your character and fireteam dedicated role at the battlefield instead of being middle-universal. And it's great.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:33:01 AM by paragon »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 08:33:43 AM »

And the other team doesn't have that?

Both sides having something does not make it in any way balanced. Like baskila said in his opening post, it reduces the overall variety of builds because everyone thats not running around with leadership buffs is not performing optimally right now.

You cannot whine about this in 1v1 unless you go rambo 1vs entire faction.If you encounter one of "squad" characters solo,he'll get raped easily since 10ch is then useless without bonuses(unless you came into ZC zone solo,but that's your fault).
Solo PVP is almost dead. I could run around for half an hour inside the core without finding someone. Most people only start up the game these days if there's zone control going on.

But hey, no build should be able to beat every other out there....
Like the 10CHA build outperforming everyone else right?

And it IS really pain in ass to find leaders who run modules useful for your build(unless you all made clones).
Not really. Running DR and critical strength is a nobrainer. Knockouts are the strongest critical effect and another +20% DR when you already got 60% through armor/perks/drugs cuts the damage you receive HALF

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »

I agree that bonuses should be strong to make people create squads, and yes it is on all sides so no worry on that.
One thing though, leaders atm are too powerful as they can switch bonuses whenever they want. Maybe leaders could choose only X modules, and use 3 at a time. This will make specialized leaders, instead of OP leaders who can adapt to every situation.
That + the fact that leaders should be easily identified + the fact that they shouldn't get the bonuses they provide. Leaders should be like medics, as a priority target, don't expect to survive every fights, we have this awesome feature called defib for them

paragon

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »

Not really. Running DR and critical strength is a nobrainer. Knockouts are the strongest critical effect and another +20% DR when you already got 60% through armor/perks/drugs cuts the damage you receive HALF

7.62x54mmR 7N14: Damage Threshold Resistance Modifier   -66
60% * 2 / 3 = 40%
80% * 2 / 3 = 53%

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »

7.62x54mmR 7N14: Damage Threshold Resistance Modifier   -66
60% * 2 / 3 = 40%
80% * 2 / 3 = 53%
That's DT. We're talking about DR

And one overpowered thing (7.62x54 ammo) does not mean the defensive module buffs are fine as they are
Pages: [1] 2 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip