Author Topic: [Map] Interactive Map of Phoenix Core  (Read 6415 times)

Balthasar

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
[Map] Interactive Map of Phoenix Core
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »

Phoenix Core Map

For a better Overview over the Core of Phoenix i made this kind of interactive map:

Screenshots:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

There's no need to install the map. Just download the files and open the "PhoenixMap.htm" in your browser. From this overview you can click into any zone to get to the full sized picture. As you may can see in the screenshot you also can navigate through the zones themself by clicking on the corresponding exit grid.

Here's the Downloadlink: Phoenix Map

I used Chrome to test it but it should run in any other browser too.

For those who'd like to develop this any further or use it somewhere on a website feel free to do so. There are several things that could be improved/added. For example the sewer maps, which aren't included here, some title-text when hovering over a zone on the main map (yet there's only a normal info popup) and so on.

For developing you may want to download the full archive, including all the psd(Photoshop)-files. Also included in this archive are the "Fast Image-Map"-files i created to get the coordinates for each grid:

Phoenix Map Full Archive

Beside this pretty helpful Fast Image-Map tool i used a javascript plugin called JQuery Maphilight, so thanks to this guy :).

Edit: Thanks to Gasoil who didn't shoot me when i was taking highres-screens in lawyers area :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:39:59 AM by Balthasar »

triqua

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: [Map] Interactive Map of Phoenix Core
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:38:10 AM »

awesome work :D nothing more to say then Thanks a lot!

It is often hard to even get deep into the core for scavenging and thus it is hard to  know the maps and possible objects for hiding (pvp tactics). so this is very useful for learning and working out strategies!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:14:28 AM by triqua »

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:44:44 AM »

Fantastic work!

Balthasar

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »

awesome work :D nothing more to say then Thanks a lot!

It is often hard to even get deep into the core for scavenging and thus it is hard to  know the maps and possible objects for hiding (pvp tactics). so this is very useful for learning and working out strategies!

Thanks  :)

It could be even more useful if someone would add all the sewer maps + the links to them on my maps and such things. In a more extended version there also could be an insight of every building (when you hover over it) but of course that's a hell lot of work.

Maybe i'll work on one or another thing later on but for the moment i'm fed up with all the image processing and stuff ;).

Klot

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »

Good. Now make charplaner.

Madmaster

• Wanderer
  • Yes Colonel?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 11:50:17 AM »