Author Topic: Perk Idea for helping leadership.  (Read 5497 times)

Acidic

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Perk Idea for helping leadership.
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:08:44 AM »

Leadership is great but the bonus it gives can be lacking if the whole team is built to be independent. Since you need Cha to gain better bonus I suggest a perk that could make leadership a little more used. ((I would have made a leadership character, but it would require my WHOLE platoon to remake characters just to make leadership worth it.))

Sir Yes Sir!: Your Cha counts as being 5 for the purpose of determining leadership bonuses.
Living in the wasteland taught you that there are some people you should listen to.

Or

Full Metal Officer: All members under you in the squad are considered to have at least 3 Cha for determining leadership bonuses.
I am your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Perk Idea for helping leadership.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »

Tweak those numbers and it will be seen as a viable option, otherwise 5 free S.T.A.T.S. (+CH would give you leadership bonus only, no +SP to starting skills) is just way too much.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »

Drill Sergeant-All members under you in the squad get +3 Cha for determining leadership bonuses as long as they are in your FOV.
?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:11:27 AM »

FOV seems a nice balancing tweak, that's acceptable to the balance I think. (or just a fixed amount of hexes).

JokeMaster

• Wastelander
  • Tesla power core
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »

ANd how would that go with the rado system?
"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have maggot, but then you haven't met ME either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die."

I speak polish, english, russian and german in that order.

soon.

anonymousplayer

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »

I liked the trait altruist, sadly it wasn't available when I made my character. Rerolling a character because of a crucial, game-determining perk/trait being added would make me cry

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »

I was thinking about an armor trait for probably the leather armor that gives that kind of bonus

Style!: While not the best in term of protection, this armor gives you style, for some reason people tend to like you more while wearing this leather armor. You get +2CH for receiving leadership bonus.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »

How about implementing a MODULE that would give +CH to leadership bonuses to your allies? (i.e. +1CH only).
That takes a single module space as well as buffs you for a pretty bunch.

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:12:06 PM »

Maybe you should create build with CH>1 if you wana use those bonuses. Its always trade of special points and its just up to you how and what for you gona use them.

Saeko

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »

The question is why would you buff a borderline-overpowered mechanic? Leadership is strong, but not strong enough to make 1CH builds unviable. At least that's how it seems.

Anyway, the game is so friggin' young making any major balance tweaks would essentially be going full retard 2238 style. I think the devs are smart and experienced enough to give it at least 3 or 4 months so that players actually start focusing on the most overpowering tactics. The minor weapon damage tweaks or FTL module tweaks are one thing, doing something that would invalidate people's builds or mess with their power/available tactics without a wipe would be like taunting people to stop playing, especially since leveling past 24 is expected of most people.

Tl;dr
Even if your suggestion was correct (and neither you nor me nor anyone else can check that against reliable stats and top level game experience at this point in time), now is a terrible moment to implement anything like that.
Nice_Boat

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »

Suggestions for perks and improvements are always welcome, but at this point we're not going to implement new perks or traits that would "force" people to reroll. We'll try to keep such additions in between wipes, so that everybody plays under the same conditions as much as possible.

Of course we'll still fix stuff that's broken, including balance tweaks.

Anyway, suggestions are still welcome, and as it happens, we could use some good leadership related perks. Personally I kinda liked the Altruist trait as well, so maybe that will be put back in (though possibly in a different form) at some point.

Full Metal Officer: All members under you in the squad are considered to have at least 3 Cha for determining leadership bonuses.
I actually like this idea, if it affects only squad members with less than 3 charisma. It would be a way for the leader to sacrifice a perk so that a larger group of players who dumped charisma can still benefit. Not sure it would be a very popular perk though, and it might suffer some of the same criticism that the Altruist trait received. It might not feel "fun" to take a perk that doesn't benefit yourself at all.

as long as they are in your FOV.
Not a bad idea, but unfortunately I think it would be quite expensive to implement. Expensive as in this is the type of thing that might eat a lot of processing power, making the game lag.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:01 PM »

Lidae, if you for example, allowed a short period of free rerolls, (when and if the option is implemented) after putting in a big perk or trait patch, you might save on having to delay them for such long times. (well i hope the time between wipes is long >.<)

Or maybe granting all players a free reroll token that expires 24 hours after they next log in.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:11:39 PM by mAdman »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip