Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 61030 times)

m6k3

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Questions ?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »

Sorry for posting 2 post in the row, but where i can find information about taken quest? I cant find any info in pip boy that why im little bit confused :)

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:20 AM »

Quest screen will be implemented soon in the pipboy.

m6k3

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »

I see that quest section is added to pip boy but it still dont work? Or its just some bug for me?

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »

it doesn't work yet. Otherwise, we would have mentioned it in changelog.

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:21 AM »

What players can do for prevent scounting their group by twinks from enemy's faction ?

Ob da rat

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »

Hi everyone, first i would like to congratulate all the creators, i just start to play AOP yesterday and the job you guys did look like awesome!
But i have few questions, i joined the family, and i try to find a merchant in the family basement to trade weapons etc, unsuccessfully.
Then i would like to know if it is normal that in almost 3hour in game i havent cross any other players?

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

Then i would like to know if it is normal that in almost 3hour in game i havent cross any other players?
No real advertising has been done yet, and the initial beta phase (at this point) is relatively low on players.
But i have few questions, i joined the family, and i try to find a merchant in the family basement to trade weapons etc, unsuccessfully.
The merchants only accept weapons with 50% or more item deterioration, but you can trade junk (including the random odds and ends you find in the city) in to some of the vendors at each base, to earn caps.
I haven't played family yet, so I'm not really sure enough of their base design to point you in the right way.

Ob da rat

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:04 AM »

Ok thanks you for the answer.
And i have another question even i'm pretty sure i already know the answer, is it possible to change of faction after joined one?

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »

Still not sure about that myself, as there is an option to "Leave the faction" but I don't know how you'd even get into another.
You can however at any time make a new character in any other faction. You could probably come up with an improvised and dangerous way to transfer items between them, as well.

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »

Will there be a wipe sometime soon, perhaps when the game reaches its 1.0 stage? I am rather neutral, as having and not having one at that point would both have some pros and cons, I just want to be aware of whether it is worth it to invest a lot of time into progress I will soon lose

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »

To be honest, we don't yet know exactly when we'll proceed to wipe. I think it's gonna mostly depend on the arrival of the wiki (for which we'll need players contributions) and the advancement of the client, since the rest can be evolved easily afterwards. We'd like to include as much stuff as we can as well before wiping, and some of it is gonna need testing too, especially the dungeons.

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2014, 06:06:05 PM »

To be honest, we don't yet know exactly when we'll proceed to wipe. I think it's gonna mostly depend on the arrival of the wiki (for which we'll need players contributions) and the advancement of the client, since the rest can be evolved easily afterwards. We'd like to include as much stuff as we can as well before wiping, and some of it is gonna need testing too, especially the dungeons.
So based on that, is it likely that there is at least a month before a wipe, if one comes?

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »

Probably less, but unsure.

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »

Just out of curiosity, would a console/item spawner be possible? It looks like forum activity is falling severely, and every time I play, I see this on the forum status:
Uptime: up to 8 days
Players online: 1-3
Seems like things are going to a nearly complete standstill, we could find a lot more if we had some tools to spawn stuff to experiment with. My bug reports look like spam now because nobody else except the devs or an occasional comment/bug comes up. A GM told me the problem is "everybody is waiting for wipe, nobody else left to beta test ;)"
Seems like that's what really is happening...my friend said he won't play till 1.0, and at this point not until after the dark souls 2 hype is off. My other friend said he won't play until the first friend comes back. Some debugging progress is necessary  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:48:23 PM by Sir Craftkid »

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »

Is anybody else getting the burned man imagine for explosive tanker/barrels? I updated the game, is the problem in the fact that I use fallout.dat instead of master and critter?

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »

Nope, that's my bad. I'll fix that asap and you'll be able to run the updater again to get the new files.

EDIT: done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:56:53 PM by Shangalar »

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »

Thanks. Graphics look amazing. Always wanted to ninja defuse the B site with a plasma rifle and needler pistol.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »

How do you obtain wood?

nvm found out
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:51:02 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 09:49:39 PM »

when will the server come back up? :D

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer