Author Topic: Defib nerf  (Read 6516 times)

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Defib nerf
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:26:14 PM »

It's too easy to dominate with a swarm with the current defib mechanic. Doesn't matter how many you kill, if you are outnumbered, you get pushed and your kills are negated by enemy defibs. You can do it in sneak, it doesn't de-sneak you, no AP penalty, instant Jesus ressurection with 100% chance, very low Doc requirement.
My suggestions to try balance this:
-Doc reqs, auto defib - 150% doc; manual - 200% doc.
-De-sneak the user on use; the use starts a 10 second timer that can be interrupted by entering sneak,moving,shooting or any other action; if the timer is not interrupted, the target is ressurected and the defib user gets -200ap penalty.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:50:07 PM by Hans Landa »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Defib nerf
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

My suggestion : when you defib someone, you die.

Just kidding... Usually a person dies because he is in a bad position so you can kill him again if debif during a fight.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »

you cant defib 2time it has 10 min timer so whats the problem

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »

Defib should be avaible only for medic class imo.

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »

I don't mind defibs becoming more specialized, but I think they fulfill a vital function: They are greater stimulus towards rushing instead of camping. If you know your mates will defib you after glorious victory, then people have more reason to go on offense, not to mention they get opportunity to get fat l00tz and lessens the hassle of stashing someone else's shit.

Defib counter is simple: Snipers, sneakers and powerful criticals. Can't defib someone gored apart. Or force them to run out of defibs through prodding attacks (althrough that risks another faction attacking). Or just kill all the enemy crew.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

Reviving a dead player, one of the greatest features ever in FOnline history, and this Guy wants to nerf it. IMO they're fine, its just the sneakers that need the nerf.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »

I'm a field doctor/medic,  and I've almost always had to risk my life to defib someone. It saps ALL of you AP, plus some, and they don't come back at full HP.  If they were in a safe area they deserve to get defibbed easily. Most of the time when I defib someone, it involes me making a mad dash towards them and firing bursts everywhere until I get within rdefib range. And even when I do successfully get there, 3/5 times they just get instakilled as soon as they stand up.  Even when I successfully defib someone without them dying, I don't often walk away from it with more than 10-50 hp.  Its incredibly risky atm, and if you're having a problem, they are a lot of skilled players who understand how to cover their medics.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »

I can't comprehend why does defib has no 'cost' a simple example is stealth boy,  it has charges and defib doesn't?  =/.  Seems fishy.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »

I can't comprehend why does defib has no 'cost' a simple example is stealth boy,  it has charges and defib doesn't?  =/.  Seems fishy.

Have you ever seen or used an AED in real life?  They charge themselves, and if not you can do it manually. Same with manual defibrillators.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:36:29 AM by MARXMAN »

Kirkor

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

Reviving a dead player, one of the greatest features ever in FOnline history, and this Guy wants to nerf it. IMO they're fine, its just the sneakers that need the nerf.

This
The Lawyers

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »

Needs to cost AP to resurrect someone at least, 100 or 150 would be appropriate.

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »

They charge themselves, and if not you can do it manually. Same with manual defibrillators.
Which takes time.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

This

Defb dosnet need nerf and sneek is nerfed as hell pick f Watchower and you will rape sneekers

Defb needs buff like when you defb get 50% dmg resist for 5 sec or 50% more run speed

paragon

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 08:37:56 AM »

Currently bodies of dead players could be resurrected if not get critical death animation.
How about ability to finish such bodies with e.g. fire / expositions so they can not be resurrected?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »

Currently bodies of dead players could be resurrected if not get critical death animation.
How about ability to finish such bodies with e.g. fire / expositions so they can not be resurrected?
then might as well remove defibs cause everyone gonna be over killing each other.

paragon

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

Also let's remove stimpacks cuz everyone will die in the end anyway

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip