Author Topic: The new maps  (Read 4296 times)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
The new maps
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:28:49 AM »

Related to these new maps

http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2566.0

First i would say that i am glad the team is still implementing new maps, new contents. I missed that.

It tried exploring those three maps and noticed a few things.

In the Nuka Cola first floor :
- There is no npc, nothing alive, nothing dead.
- When i am on the first floor and try to go down through the northern stairs, i end up in the middle of the street, not in the position of these stairs on the surface.

In the polymer first floor :
- I got into in more than 30 minutes after it was cleaned by another team. Npc were still dead. Dunno what is their respawn time, but it is weird to explore that empty map and take all the loot.

In the robco first floor :
- Don't know much about it for now. Tried it alone and with three others guys, and we were focused by a bunch of robots, right at entrance, including deadly melee robots that deliver around 200 damage. When i first tried it alone, i was unconcious before even the map finished to load. When i tried with people, some of them didn't last 10 seconds. It might be on purpose, but i am not fond of npc abusing the loading time of players entering new areas. I would prefer to have the first npc a bit further or in another room, so it will leave players the time to enter together, and have the map loaded before the fight starts. No need to nerf npc. Strong npc is great.

In all :
- When you enter those map, you don't appear to be at Polymer/Nuka Cola/Robco, when you look on the squad screen. It is supposed to be those maps first floor, they should be considered as part of these maps.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: The new maps
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:39:50 AM »

In the Nuka Cola first floor :
- There is no npc, nothing alive, nothing dead.
- When i am on the first floor and try to go down through the northern stairs, i end up in the middle of the street, not in the position of these stairs on the surface.

I think the plan was to add some NPC there, but laziness struck and we wanted to ship it already to make the new nukas available. This will probably be fixed shortly.

In the polymer first floor :
- I got into in more than 30 minutes after it was cleaned by another team. Npc were still dead. Dunno what is their respawn time, but it is weird to explore that empty map and take all the loot.
Yeah, we noticed the respawn was way out of synch, I think it's already fixed for the next patch.

In the robco first floor :
- Don't know much about it for now. Tried it alone and with three others guys, and we were focused by a bunch of robots, right at entrance, including deadly melee robots that deliver around 200 damage. When i first tried it alone, i was unconcious before even the map finished to load. When i tried with people, some of them didn't last 10 seconds. It might be on purpose, but i am not fond of npc abusing the loading time of players entering new areas. I would prefer to have the first npc a bit further or in another room, so it will leave players the time to enter together, and have the map loaded before the fight starts. No need to nerf npc. Strong npc is great.
It's a valid point for sure, but also a bit of a compromise. It's hard to detect when a player has finished loading, and the loading times are different for different players. The only way to be sure everybody can finish loading before they are attacked would be to make the first room safe. Which it could be, but it seemed more fun to have it set the tone of the map right away. For now the best way is clearly to enter several people at once and then focus down the eyebots immediately. They do a lot of damage but have very low hp.

In all :
- When you enter those map, you don't appear to be at Polymer/Nuka Cola/Robco, when you look on the squad screen. It is supposed to be those maps first floor, they should be considered as part of these maps.
Nice point. Only the core maps have shown in the squad screen mainly because of laziness. I fixed that now though, should be in the next patch. One thing to note though is that the second floors of buildings, just like the sewers, do not count for Zone Control. So you can't capture the polymer lab by hiding on the second floor. This is for gameplay reasons rather than anything else, it would be pretty lame if you have to search through a dungeon just to stop an attacker.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »

Entering robco2 during sneak is safe

You can even throw down a smoke and then go back down and come up with your whole team under cover of the smoke

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »

I haven't gotten to see Robco yet, but I did see the other two.

+1 to some npcs being placed at Nuka, When I entered I was ready for a fight but nothing.
It was kinda creepy up there though.

As for PV. as awesomely cool as it was to finally be able to go upstairs, it felt a little pointless afterwards.
The gear I took there was worth more than what was brought out by double.

On top of that I couldn't complete it alone, so now imagine those same little rewards now being shared between 3 players.

Think I walked away with 300 caps and a usable combat shotgun. Didnt seem worth the ammo, SS and nades spent to get it.

Buff the rewards? Maybe also buff the HtH boss to actually carry a HtH weapon?
I pulled a bren from his corpse, but he was fighting us unarmed.

In all from what I saw, great additions. Upstairs in buildings feels like a natural expansion of the core.

All mo.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »

Entering robco2 during sneak is safe

You can even throw down a smoke and then go back down and come up with your whole team under cover of the smoke

I'll try that.
Right now, my main purpose is just to see what is inside.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »

Think I walked away with 300 caps and a usable combat shotgun. Didnt seem worth the ammo, SS and nades spent to get it.
I had let someone else finish off the map and had forgotten to give baldy a custom loot, so he's using the same loot as the guys next to him, which he can only equip 1/4 of the time. Already fixed that for the next patch.

As for the loot, I think you just rolled very, very, very poorly. Here are some snapshots of the loot I had taken at different times.

Not bad if you ask me, considering it isn't actually a dungeon.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »

What you show there is not bad at all.
Unfortunately we didn't get anything so fancy.
I guess those PA frags alone would be worth a run.
Sure beats farming BOS.

When I say I walked away with 300 caps. I mean only I walked away with 300 caps...The others walked away with much less, I don't think Komrade took anything at all.

Like you said must have been a bad roll, will try again and hopefully get some of those shiny bottle caps.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:01:48 PM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip