Author Topic: Rockwell introduces brand new T-1000 series for ZC domination  (Read 4255 times)

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
Rockwell introduces brand new T-1000 series for ZC domination
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »

So in the following text i'll try to present my idea about tweak that could help restore some interest into ZC (paragon made me post it).

The idea is pretty much simple;add a npc faction which would be global enemy of human race(all 4 factions) and could conquer zones on their own.That's the basic layout.So basically,create a new faction(just on "paper" with its own colour) with no bases  etc. since it's npc doh.Robots came first onto my mind because we've seen them at begining of server;they make a logical enemy(tactics anyone?) and they are able to wield all super mega cool weapons.I don't know do you have available animations,sprites w/e of humanoid robots but non humanoid would be fine too.So,if some zone would be "cold" (belonging to one faction for long time without ZC on it) they would focus that zone and start to capture it.The same ZC rules would be applied;if they have more score or they kill everyone;they capture the zone,if you win you get exp,caps etc. based on your personal score.They would have buffed stats and resistances(since AI isn't really that smart,although still smarter than some people) and some really crazy weapons BUT only available loot from their bodies would be ammunition from the weapon they used and some materials like metal parts,alloys...(cuz' you know they're robots).This way it wouldn't affect economy with crazy weapons on every corner.The idea of this entire concept is to activate people to gather for ZC and do it even if there's no player enemy. BUT if "x" factions sees robots taking zones and they decide to go fight it,then "y" faction will see their score and want to join into fight too which will result in 2 player factions fighting and that's what we wanted from begining.Now comes the hard part(or not?) is how to make all this possible.I would say; make it all from zero but that would take to much time.What you could actually do as temporary solution would be  that one of developers becomes part of the "T-1000" faction,starts the ZC and the spawns those buffed killing machines in that map on locations he sees fit.Until you are able to get this patrols and AI working without the developers.That's basically it.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
Re: Rockwell introduces brand new T-1000 series for ZC domination
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »

I don't see this as having any place in the fallout world, just in regards to every single item of lore I've ever read. Could be a cool feature and whatnot, but I would be against it because it's just not Fallout.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:22:30 PM by MARXMAN »

Deathproof

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »

I don't see this as having any place in the fallout world, just in regards to every single item of lore I've ever read. Could be a cool feature and whatnot, but I would be against it because it's just not Fallout.

Easily solvable, just make it khans or raiders, any of the badboys from fallout.

Enclave/Bos could fight over town as well.

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »

I've heard the idea once and there's a certain lure. Maybe they should only appear if nobody did any ZC in certain parts of the map.

Lore-wise, it could be something like The Box in Van Buren's Denver - its essentially some central computer (not a AI) running off some riot control/enemy takeover protocol, and the way it sees is that Phoenix is overrun with rioters because it keeps coming short every time it tries to contact and find the proper lawful authorities - therefore Phoenix is essentially total anarchy zone (which is the right conclusion) because the computer cannot contact nor receive orders from the proper authorities because the city is now under control of communists/rioters/secessionists/something and it may having its communications blocked by hostiles (which is the wrong reasoning) - its too dumb to see that a nuclear war has happened and all its masters are centuries-long dead.

So it reacts by getting hidden robot factories active, cranking all sorts of robots from its hidden robotic assembly lines and doing everything to continue the protocol - like scavenging any necessary materials to build more robots, linking itself to once-inert power sources, sending robots to take the city and supress/anihilate anything that doesn't like Law & Order - which is pretty much

If you guys want I can show and describe the robots from FO1/2/FOT that could totes work in this situation.

Easily solvable, just make it khans or raiders, any of the badboys from fallout.

Enclave/Bos could fight over town as well.

Raiders might be a "lower level" version of this as well, with different tactics and weaponry.
Disagree on Enclave/BOS, they don't work as "mob" sort of enemies - the average Enclave trooper or BOS Paladin should be able to wipe entire groups of players, alone. Enclave is low-key during 2220s and if BOS wanted to take the city, they would simply send squads of Paladins into the four faction bases and kill everyone, the end.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:14 AM »

Excactly my point,Raiders just don't seem like high level threat and BOS or random PA mercenaries really don't fit into AOP as "global enemy".We've seen robots in Sierra and not  to mention Fallout:Tactics.So i really can't see how robots don't fit into fallout universe.Maybe they don't fit excactly into AOP lore but if this means we would have active ZCs throughout the day,i say lore can suffer a bit.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »

Why not have there be more npc "factions" than 1? I mean like there could be the simple raiders, ghouls but also super mutants that get the area for the Master. (That even if if the year it would play in mean that he is dead maybe it didn't reach those Mutants yet).

What else would be great but to much work would be if those npcs had a special ai that would have them actually guard the spot, take cover and don't all run after 1 guy that lures them in a hail of grenades.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:19:25 AM »

That's all nice but I kept it to one faction because whole idea is to get ZC more going,and this way it could be done quickly with the solution i posted in OP.More  npc factions and "smart" AI will probably take a lot of time and work...

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »

Tbh the more factions thing shouldnt be that much of a deal. The gm's can switch between the factions easily so 1 or more doesnt matter (if I am wrong you can say so)

And yes the ai as I wrote would be great but to much work to just implement it right away

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip