Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mele  (Read 12817 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Mele
« on: September 28, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

is Agility important for Mele build cuz i was thinking to put 1 only and to use Critical Agility, and if i go gifted and have 10 int can i get 1 skill to 250?

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
Re: Mele
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »

is Agility important for Mele build cuz i was thinking to put 1 only and to use Critical Agility, and if i go gifted and have 10 int can i get 1 skill to 250?

Unless skilled no you cant raise it to 250.
Agi is not so important. But it gives you rolls to avoid knockdowns and +AP regen. Only good melees are sneaker melees. With good items you can pick off single targets with ease as well scouting enemy in the process. Rushing tank melee can be good 1v1 but on ZC they are useless.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »

Agi is not so important.
*ahem*-*ahem* Armour Class *ahem*-*ahem*
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »

Agi is not so important.
*ahem*-*ahem* Armour Class *ahem*-*ahem*

i know but ahem ahem my plan sneek stab not front dive

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 01:01:29 PM »

Thanks for telling us that at the topic's start! Melee build has NOTHING TO DO with sneak build. NOTHING.
Especially since Machete and Wakizashi scale from Sneak skill and not HtH.
(Why the heck do you need critical agility if you are going sneak? o_0 If you are seen and you got de-sneaked you are dead, doesn't matter how many defensive perks you have.)

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »

Thanks for telling us that at the topic's start! Melee build has NOTHING TO DO with sneak build. NOTHING.
(Why the heck do you need critical agility if you are going sneak? o_0 If you are seen and you got de-sneaked you are dead, doesn't matter how many defensive perks you have.)

Im 100% sure u know that melee sneakers are running with mega powerfists not wakizashi.
Armor class is usless since melee have to get at close range, and sneakers doesnt need armor class at all.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »

Machete and wakizashi scales from sneek? really? wtf? so if i 200 sneek i have all perks on wakizashi?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »

Im 100% sure u know that melee sneakers are running with mega powerfists not wakizashi.
Armor class is usless since melee have to get at close range, and sneakers doesnt need armor class at all.
For what reason do you possible need mpf over wakizashi which does 300+ damage to a target with mk3 CA?
Armor class is useless since melee HAVE TO GET AT CLOSE RANGE WHAT?!?! SO eh, armour class doesn't work when you are running now? Have I missed some patch? It's sole existance is to buff those that need to get closer.
Sneakers don't need armour class? Sure, I know that, sadly enough topic starter didn't say anything about building a sneaker when I wrote that.

"Machete and wakizashi scales from sneek"
Yes, If you have 250 HtH, but no sneak those weapons are useless to you. They have perks that unlock after gaining sneak ONLY.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »

shoud write thet to wki i wasted my time whit hth, so does MP5SD too benefit from sneek or small guns?

duno meybe i go trowing weapons dident see any trowing dude for long time, WTF just saw on wiki trowing weapons arenet primary

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

shoud write thet to wki i wasted my time whit hth, so does MP5SD too benefit from sneek or small guns?

duno meybe i go trowing weapons dident see any trowing dude for long time, WTF just saw on wiki trowing weapons arenet primary
You still need a minimum of 150% HtH in order to aim-hit I believe, didn't test that one.
MP5SD doesn't have any weapon perks, only THOSE are opened by sneak (i.e. You will still need a considerable % of SG to shoot with MP5SD, it doesn't scale with sneak)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 01:37:23 PM »

but whit any primary i will get bledower to 150
So gifted is good for sneeker cuz you can put 200 to sneek and and 150 to hth?

You still need a minimum of 150% HtH in order to aim-hit I believe, didn't test that one.
MP5SD doesn't have any weapon perks, only THOSE are opened by sneak (i.e. You will still need a considerable % of SG to shoot with MP5SD, it doesn't scale with sneak)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 01:41:36 PM »

I don't know if you are trolling, but.. eh..
Throwing is indeed a secondary skill, it unlocks weapon perks for spears, which do work both in HtH and Throwing, but the chance to hit with those in HtH depends on your HtH% skill.
Same with sneaking.
Throwing is not used here due to several unresolved bugs with spears and other throwing weapons. For an example some spears can't hit from 2-hex distance, they will always miss, no matter your stats or your target's stats are.
Your throwing skill doesn't only increase your damage, but also projectile travel speed, and soon I believe, it will also affect the length of debuffs applied by throwing weapons (spears, stun nades... etc).

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

Throwing is indeed a secondary skill, it unlocks weapon perks for spears, which do work both in HtH and Throwing, but the chance to hit with those in HtH depends on your HtH% skill.
Same with sneaking.

Melee weapons (no matter if they are related to throwing, sneak or close combat) always hit at 95% (90% if have fast shoot), they dont receive penalty for aiming or minimum weapon strength

mitazo

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »

Same with sneaking.

Melee weapons (no matter if they are related to throwing, sneak or close combat) always hit at 95% (90% if have fast shoot), they dont receive penalty for aiming or minimum weapon strength

They always hit at 95%? That's interesting. My meele (like 180 HTH now) miss with 95%, so it's not like hey take me so you won't miss at all.

mmk665

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »

What you guys think about my sneaker/ hth build?

Special: 5-9-6-1-10-1-10
Traits: bruiser - fast shot (or small frame?)
Tags: small guns - first aid - sneak

It's my first HtH build and need advices.
Is my special and traits ok? Which perks should i take?

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »

dont think mele attack uses fast shot trait

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »

dont think mele attack uses fast shot trait
Fast shoot works for very weapon, even melee (only exception i think its unarmed attacks)

From wiki: http://fonline-aop.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hit_Chance
Hand-to-Hand weapons always have a 95% (90% with fast shot) chance to hit, except if you are blinded or disoriented, in which case it's 50%.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

Confirmed, Fast Shot works with melee, although you really don't need to pick that.
with 95% chance it's a 1\20 chance, and with 90% it's 1\10, and all of that for -10%ap usage? Nah, I've done goofed when I picked it on my melee.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »

Doing the math, you will find that fast shoot gives a small bonus in DPS:

Lets count 400 AP (flat, no regeneration involved)
Weapon AP cost of 20 (18 with fast shoot)

No fast shoot: 20 shots (with 1 miss) = total hits 19
Fast shoot: 22.2 shoots (2.2 misses) = total hits 20

The bonus its rather small considering that you have to empty your AP bar four times for an extra hit of 20 AP base cost, but its a bonus after all. Of course you miss the chance for other trait.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:53:41 PM by SnowCrash »

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »

I really like the word "Mele".
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip