Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reworked ZC Mechanics  (Read 13217 times)

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
Reworked ZC Mechanics
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »

Greetings,

i'v got a suggestion about current ZC mechanics.
Since i am playing on this server from the start i'v got a feeling that ZC mechanics are just not right atm.

First what i want to discuss is score while capturing starts.
Defending team gets 50 points which is logical, but random wastelander can be shot dead in a second or just get enough damage to force capturing faction to attack due to lower score. So attackers can just camp outside and wait for defending team.

Second i dont like the idea of 6 people required to start scoreboard for attacking team.
I think that enough of good players can beat enemy swarm just by great tactics and gameplay.
Of course attackers would still need 6 equiped people to avoid chaos across phoenix core.
This would elliminate the boredom of capturing zones when noone is coming, becouse they dont have numbers and they see no point in going there if they wont get any points for it even they could break capturing.

Third: Make damage score points based on enemy gear. Tier 0 = 1 score per 100 dmg. Tier 1 = 1 score per 50 dmg. Tier 2-3 = 1 score per 10 dmg.
Kills - 10 per bluesuit. 50 for tier 1. 100 for tier 2-3.

So lets make capturing team points increased by some amount like 200. So started capture points would be 250 and this will eliminate random bluesuit score giveaway along with score given based on enemy gear. And make scoreboards automaticcaly apear which will motivate players to stop doing assignments and come to ZC. So it will look like this.

V-Tec - 250
BB - 0
Family - 0
Lawyers - 0

I didnt think over it through compeltely but i would like to see something in this sense.
What do You think ?

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Reworked ZC Mechanics
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »

I didn't even understand the second one, please expand it.
Third one was implemented from the start, wasn't it? I remember testing it in the very first day, where I hammered a guy in faction armour down and got like ~560 points for that, instead of usual ~240. Maybe I was day-dreaming.

250 is a pretty nice start for the capturers. "And make scoreboards automaticcaly apear" They already do.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:06:26 PM »

Well attackers need atleast 6 people to get on scoreboard.
You know what i mean:
Lawyers: 50
BB's: 1 (requires 6 ppls on zone) when they enter.

So scoreboard will be available for every faction on startup.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »

Oh ok, so it counter-breaks your other statements ^^. If people will be encouraged to leave their assignments and go on ZC (w/o having to gather a team) they'll just feed more points, get discouraged and never again visit it.

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 01:44:11 AM »

Not-organized and non-experienced players feed with current system and they don't get awarded if they manage to do something, so it is discouraging for them right now. New system will bring only chance to reward skilled and well-organized players as well to get some more players into zc's.

It perfectly fit into each other. If players will come to feed, they wont bring good stuff most likely so the enemy wont get too much score for killing them. And players will always know the enemy will have 6+.
So they will most likely group up.

The one of problems i see with my suggested system which i didn't think off earlier is that, if scoreboard will be always visible for all factions how will elimination work? I mean what if capturers will leave right after ZC started with 250 points and attackers could not raise their score above 250(this includes all factions attackers can accumulate 260 and leave). I suggest that if one of factions gets eliminated from the map or leaves the area score will drop to 0. If all factions will have 0 score, zone will go to previous owner. With this, ZC will always be available for 20 mins, unless all factions gets eliminated or leaves the zone. At the end of 20 mins period faction with best score gets the zone. So at least one capturer must survive for 20 mins with enough score.
Players score will remain even if faction score droped to 0 and gets rewarded.

I do not say my system is good, i see many flaws, but i just don't like the current one.
So discuss some more suggestions please.

Doobee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 03:52:26 AM »

Actualy it would be nice if you were to get these 200 points according to the time spent taking control. For example with same initial bonus of 50 points and after 5th minute 10 points pre minute will be added.

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:57 AM »

In my humble opinion points are totaly fine, dont think that killing one bluesuit is a game changer. However reward could be a little higer, i mean caps. The main issue with ZC is "ninja toilet control". For example while one team is caputing zone and fighting with other. 3rd/4th team is juststaring  timer in some other zone becouse they know nobody will attack them. You will proably say "hey its part of tactic!" - thats totaly bullshit we are spending a lot of time and efforts to caputre zones and we have max 5 becouse of this shit. Always when we start timer somewhre there 2 another are started. Mostly started by 6 guys in leather armors and spears caping small room or occupying the toilet.

Fast solution - one active timer at once.

Its most annoying after really big fights wehre we fought for example 30minutes and scoring thousands of points and 6 people can take it after few minutes without any resistance.

additionally maybe lets make some cooldowns for zones if one team win and score for example 5k, 10k or 15k points.

Common day in Phoenix. Nobody want to actually fight, everyone want to have zone.

Sorry for my english, hope its readable.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:00:47 AM by maszrum »

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 04:58:24 AM »

My main issues with ZC are

1. Long ZC timer. 20 minutes of waiting for a attack is usually too long, in my experience I mostly sit on the back smoking crack and ocasionally shooting at animals or the odd scout until a attack comes at 10 minutes mark and bellow. One possible idea is that timer extends with score, so a 8k points murderfest on both sides should expand time hard, but a 1000k vs 100 roflstomp should make it go quickly.

2. Post-victory cooldown. Its kinda annoying to me when we win and then some dudes take it again five minutes after we leave. I say a cooldown based on points is a nice idea - a easily-taken zone goes just as easily, but a 10k points war should take hours in order to be taken again.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 05:18:35 AM »

2. Post-victory cooldown. Its kinda annoying to me when we win and then some dudes take it again five minutes after we leave. I say a cooldown based on points is a nice idea - a easily-taken zone goes just as easily, but a 10k points war should take hours in order to be taken again.

I agree, sometimes winning the current ZC becomes a non issue if you can just restart a recap 30 seconds after the other team wins.

How you suggested, where the timer would be longer depending on how much one side won by would inspire people to put in extra effort in to take a location with everything they have, so as to secure it for the longest possible time, so I can agree with that.

Maybe during this cooldown patrols of the winning faction could also be increased, to assist your factions looting there and giving any other teams wanting to camp the timer a formidable npc presence to deal with if they want to accomplish such a task.

GroeneAppel

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 05:23:48 AM »

My biggest issue with ZC is the waiting. It takes forever to cap a zone. And it especially sucks when some faction runs in with a few sneakers at 30 seconds remaining and snipes a single person for a few points and claims the zone.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 05:39:36 AM »

Something to stop 6 people starting a capture and leaving one sneaker behind to continue the cap would be nice, maybe have it so the defenders forfeit the zone capture if their is less then 6 in the zone if no other factions have points on the board?

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 06:37:26 AM »

My biggest issue with ZC is the waiting. It takes forever to cap a zone. And it especially sucks when some faction runs in with a few sneakers at 30 seconds remaining and snipes a single person for a few points and claims the zone.

You must understand waiting 20min on 1 zone or 10min on 2 zones is pretty much the same thing. You still have to wait for opposing faction. Players need time to regroup before you can expect some retaliation. Realistically, it takes around 10-15min to form a response team.

If your goal is just to capture zone and not to fight, well you can just abuse the multi cap trick.

hell

• Wastelander
  • Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »

Something to stop 6 people starting a capture and leaving one sneaker behind to continue the cap would be nice, maybe have it so the defenders forfeit the zone capture if their is less then 6 in the zone if no other factions have points on the board?

Yes, something like that should do.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »

So eh..  A single wakizashi sneaker invades a zone, insta-kills someone, dies, but denies ZC?

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »

So eh..  A single wakizashi sneaker invades a zone, insta-kills someone, dies, but denies ZC?

You mean by putting them under 6? well that sneaker would cause somes score to occur so it wouldnt end the ZC.

It should end if nothing has occurred and it drop under 6.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:32 AM »

Ok,  thanks for chewing that for me, I'm being stupid for some reason ^^.
Did anyone test if a logged off character counts as one 'holding'  the zc?
I see exploits in every single idea

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »

A logged out character isn't as bad as a stealthed one moving around to avoid those trying to find the single Zone capper :P

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

A logged out character isn't as bad as a stealthed one moving around to avoid those trying to find the single Zone capper :P
Have you thought about what I said? A single person (w\o any proxies) with a decent amount of 6lvl alts (not that hard to make even) can capture all the zones by himself, alone, IF that works. We need confirmation.

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »

20minutes timer is fine. For example BBoys needs alwas like 10-15minutes to regroup - some people smoking, some of them faping or doing other shit, its always take a while to gather people and move to zc location.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »

Zone control is fine, its just that people camp rooms too much. Add more doors or make them destructible.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip