Author Topic: Improved flamer.  (Read 3577 times)

Hawk

Improved flamer.
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »

Can you please balance flamer, because it deals so much damage/shot, making all other close combat weapons useless. Flamer got splash damage already, it can hurt several enemies by one shot and you have fuel to shoot up to 5 times with it, for not much AP cost. So IMO it must be nerfed somehow... Decrease damage a little or increase fuel consumption/AP cost?

clochard

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Improved flamer.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

i kinda disagree: flamer is close quarter only. around 40 ap with an effective range of 6. AND still a chance to MISS (that is the most silly thing  i think).

it is mostly effectiv versus metal and tesla and you remain weak until fighting in building or corners.
So yes you can insta kill players who are not quick enouth to dodge your second shot (already damaged players or backed by your teammates indirect fire) or even a crazy ripper rusher wearing metal (but that's his own fault).

But even with the splash damage it's not always easy to shoot multiple targets at the same time...

Also, due to the flamer animation thingy you sometime get shot instead of the enemy you are shooting at by your own teamates.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:43:54 AM by clochard »

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:21:21 PM »

Well flamer is basically a melee weapon. So do you mean that  Improved Flamer is making melee weapon of related tiers (8-9): Ripper, SSledge, MPfist, Microsledge useless? I just need to clarify it before testing.

FuckYou

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »

Well flamer is basically a melee weapon. So do you mean that  Improved Flamer is making melee weapon of related tiers (8-9): Ripper, SSledge, MPfist, Microsledge useless? I just need to clarify it before testing.
axtually all melee weapons are useless

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »

It is better than melee weapons. But that does not mean it should be nerfed.
 Instead melee weapons still need to be buffed (additional movespd or slowing enemies on hit or ways to defend against knockback/knockdown)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip