Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wipe AoP  (Read 8855 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Wipe AoP
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »

We pretty much have everything we got, no need to farm or scavenge anymore and I miss that. Also only have 2 teams fighting is boring. Assuming the real wipe will happen around January since Fallout 4 :D

I suggest to wipe AoP, something similar to Reloaded wipe where it wasn't official but only to make everyone start from fresh. Of course some little changes should be added but nothing major (zone captures could be changed for example)

This can also attract way more players, especially since majority stopped playing I think right before legendary's were added. But anyways this would make the server fun again giving it that DayZ feeling where you have to travel with friends to survive. Also more players = more testing and feedback for weapons and stuff xd.

Now if you're gonna say some irrelevant thing **cough** piss off ramon or the bitch **cough** keep it to yourself you inbreed :D

paragon

Re: Wipe AoP
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:15:10 AM »

It looks like a have a nail in your brain. Try to see a doctor

This poll sucks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:27:11 AM by free rerolls man »

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:09:51 AM »

I just see it: people come after wipe and see the same AOP they left for good several months before and they ask "Guys, why did you wipe at all?" and the answer is "So we can loot again all from scratch! Derp."

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:51:15 AM »

I've made a thread to track how close we are to wiping, it'll update dynamically as we get closer to the stretch goal! Make this your homepage.
http://fonline-aop.net/site/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:52:56 AM by cirn0 »
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 04:14:44 AM »

It looks like a have a nail in your brain. Try to see a doctor

This poll sucks
Look at the chihuahua bark!

I just see it: people come after wipe and see the same AOP they left for good several months before and they ask "Guys, why did you wipe at all?" and the answer is "So we can loot again all from scratch! Derp."
Actually it's not the same at all since 6 something months ago. (When people stopped playing) hell there wasn't any tier 3 present when server was populated but now it is. The new perks, sound overhaul, ZC mechanics, changes to current weapons are all new to the players that left. Not to mention the 4-7 new weapons and many traits/perks changes.

BTW that quote makes no sense at all, use some translator next time. I see that the bitch's Anti-STALKER propaganda got to you, poor V-Tec :(

I've made a thread to track how close we are to wiping, it'll update dynamically as we get closer to the stretch goal! Make this your homepage.
http://fonline-aop.net/site/
Fuggen look how far you are! :V

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 05:18:14 AM »

It isn't anti-stalker propaganda.

Server should only be wiped when major changes happen. Let's say new faction or total re-balance of PVP, or bigger city, or new cost of reroll and so on... You don't just wipe for fun.

If you just want to scavenge stuff again, nobody is preventing you to do it. You can deletself your characters or make a new one, in another faction or even factionless. By the way, when we did the factionless crew, you were nowhere to be seen. You don't have to send everyone else to stone age when you can do it for yourself.

When the wipe happens, what is fun is that you have tons of new features, new maps etc... If there is nothing new to explore, there is no excitement if you already know everything, everything that was there the day before, except that you had more than a pipe rifle in your inventory. Once again, nobody is preventing you to wander with a pipe rifle today if you want to.

On the other hand, the lack of tech in cession beginning isn't symetric. Usually, within the first 24 hours of server, the biggest team of grinders already have what they need, whith lvl24+ (optimized) characters, base/platoon, PVP gear and strategy. They manage to capture all the cities/zones abuse all the early cession glitch, and hoard tons of money/loot. The other competitive teams can manage to compete with them a week later, but they will need months to acquire the same amount of wealth, because the first team was uncontested (or contested by few) for a while and because the rewards ended toned down and the glitches were reported. Then a few teams compete for a few weeks/months, while all the smaller teams, lesser teams, casuals, loners and noobs spend a huge amount of time trying to catch up with those big teams. The wipe tend to increase the imbalance between the strong and the weak and make it last several weeks/months.

Then, you mention the increase of players after a wipe, but many of those players are just wipe players. They are only interested in the post-wipe race to supremacy, then leave right afterward. They aren't interested in playing the game. They are only interested in playing the wipe. They aren't reliable enough to be considered as actual server population, and long term features shouldn't take them into account. (IMO)

Also, the dev have mentionned (i think so) that they intend to implement a progressive tech tree, with new tech appearing slowly into the cession, and getting cheaper as they become outdated. It is, IMO, much better for balance and playing low tech, as the differences between the new and old tech wouldn't be huge (if done well), as it won't be just one team that will have the same edge all the time. Instead of sending everyone in stone age at once and needing months for the lesser players to catch up, you would have only a small edge for the most competitive and that edge won't give them months of income to wipe the others for the rest of the cession.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:22:25 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »

Classic Stalker material. A non substantiated poll on a topic that doesn't need polling followed by a row of ad hominem, red herring and non sequitur arguments as the community provides feedback.

For example: Yannick's argument is perfectly clear even with the grammatical mistakes. Referring to those as a way to discredit his perfectly valid counter argument is an obvious fallacy.

Your suggestion of Yannick using a translator before posting adds a whole new level to your comment though. I've taken the liberty of correcting the grammar in Yannick's comment, translating it to Russian (assuming that's Yannick's native language) and translating it back to English:

I see this way: people will come to wipe it will be after and see the same AOP they left for a good few months before , and they asked : "Guys , why are you destroyed at all? " And the answer is : "So , we can rob all over again from scratch ! "DERP

As we've now established that even your fallacies are flawed I suggest you go back to the Habbo Hotel forums to further hone your skills before attempting again.

Cirn, I suggest you wipe Stalker so he can enjoy that Dayz feeling with his friends, oh, wait...
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »

Thank you, Teela, for your comment! Because you perfectly described the thoughts I had on Stalker's words I would refrain from posting an answer myself.

Also I must admit that naossano's evaluation of the wipe seems to be covering most of the aspects which could be discussed about it and we could just sit back and wait for devs, helping them with feedback or in any other requested way.

paragon

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:36:35 AM »

>  I suggest you wipe Stalker so he can enjoy that Dayz feeling with his friends, oh, wait...

That actually will work. Another happy customer.
Please provide your character names and character names of your friends when you're in game, I'll come and do something helpful with it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:48:34 AM by free rerolls man »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 06:45:59 AM »

For what it's worth (I mean I cannot play atm anyway  :'(), I think wipe is not necessary, and Nao has explained it perfectly.

- If you miss the scavenging, you can make a new char and scavenge and/or lvl up, I remember I did that several times and it's refreshing sometimes.
- If you want to balance factions' average stuff and t3, it will be the same situation after less than a month anyway.
- If you want to make people come back, only wipe players will come and leave after a while.
- If you want to balance pvp numbers, wipe will not change anything, everyone has loads of stuff, they stick with their crew mostly because they want to play with their friends.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »

too lazy to make arguments since I just woke up   :P but to some it all up

Teela is official translator for yanick

yanick not a professor at all

suff is a bitch

nao and anza, piss off saying to make a new character, it won't be the same.

Also I forgot that 80% of remaining players only played FOnline for the first time, so this is probably why nobody wants a wipe.

antohha

• Wiki Editor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 12:31:27 PM »

Teela is official translator for yanick

yanick not a professor at all

suff is a bitch

nao and anza, piss off saying to make a new character, it won't be the same.
Those arguments look totally valid.
*starts the updater*

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »

Also I forgot that 80% of remaining players only played FOnline for the first time, so this is probably why nobody wants a wipe.

I would totally love a wipe, as long as it is an actual wipe with enough new awesome gamechanging features to justify that wipe.

I would hate a fake.empty feature-less wipe just there to satisfy your own desire to start anew. A desire that can be satisfied through other means.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 04:16:00 PM »

Problem is, content is rolled out in small batches and i doubt that's gonna change anytime soon

for us ~40 regulars that means there is never enough new content in a single patch to really justify a wipe

BUT for the people that only played in late 2014, it is a fundamentally different game already:
- bleed mechanic
- cover system
- sPA
- 20++ new weapons and grenades (most of which do advanced stuff and not just damage on a target)
- quality of life improvements (easymove, freeshoot, wheelzoom etc.)
- tactical markers
- new dungeons
- changed crit table and cripple system

for people that only played in 2014, the server absolutely warrants a wipe already

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »

It doesn't warrant it if there is no change compared with the day before. Plus, the changelog were already public. Those changelog are there as much for the current players than for other players who would comeback if they get a feature they like.

The tech tree and the six factions will definitely need a wipe, as you cannot implement them with already existing teams and already existing gear in platoons. It wouldn't make any sense with other players already having T3 stuff and already being in the four current factions. The increase of the city size would probably require a wipe too.

None of the changes you mentioned would prevent the cession to keep existing if they were implemented. They were implemented and didn't required it. It didn't needed to redistribute all players amongs the factions or to remove all gear to rework their implementation.

Also, it isn't a rule, but most wipe come with surprises that you find out in game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:28:37 PM by naossano »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »

Just admit bitches

you dont want to lose all your items.

Kurwier

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »

Just admit bitches

you dont want to lose all your items.

+10

some people in love with pixelz here, give da wipe , gib dem more PTSD

qwert

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:34 PM »

U all about giving shit to others. Want to loose all items - u want to drop own gear on world map and create 1 lvl sandrobe. Want everyone else do what YOU want? Bwahaha.
Less changes added with wipe - less time new players stick around. But you don't give a fock and can only scream DOWHATIWANT.
Keep begging and pretend to be interested in other's opinion so posts won't look like shitgiving all the time ;D

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 02:14:27 AM »

Hamster everywhere

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:02:30 AM »

U all about giving shit to others. Want to loose all items - u want to drop own gear on world map and create 1 lvl sandrobe. Want everyone else do what YOU want? Bwahaha.
Less changes added with wipe - less time new players stick around. But you don't give a fock and can only scream DOWHATIWANT.
Keep begging and pretend to be interested in other's opinion so posts won't look like shitgiving all the time ;D
So, who's forum alt are you?

BTW I don't think you understand what wipe means. No point explaining to a degenerate.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip