Author Topic: Stuck at starting Zone [SOLVED]  (Read 4321 times)

Arcanan

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Stuck at starting Zone [SOLVED]
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:27:43 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to give a shot at this awesome looking new server but I can't leave the first starting zone.

When I ask to join a faction that say they implement a ship or something in my pip-boy, but when I go to the caravan Chief he say that I have to get an assignement, ..neverending loop...

The sole weird thing I have is that when I launch the game it tells me that it can't find CRITTER.DAT (like for 2-3 second) and then launch, nontheless it is here, in the .exe directory.

Running on Win 7 with the alternate launcher. (The original just stuck on the CRITTER.DAT thing)

Thanks in advance for any insight on my situation.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:58:07 PM by Arcanan »

VVish

• Wastelander
  • Like the wind!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at starting Zone
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:11:54 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to give a shot at this awesome looking new server but I can't leave the first starting zone.

Speak with any NPC representing some faction, press "I WANNA JOIN" button - they'll send you to caravan, with which you'll obviously depart to begin your own way to glory.

The sole weird thing I have is that when I launch the game it tells me that it can't find CRITTER.DAT (like for 2-3 second) and then launch, nontheless it is here, in the .exe directory.

Running on Win 7 with the alternate launcher. (The original just stuck on the CRITTER.DAT thing)

Thanks in advance for any insight on my situation.
It's nothing wrong here since you really need Critter & Master .dat's from original Fallout 2 (or fallout.dat if you have it in other server's clients).
Spoiler for Hiden:

Arcanan

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at starting Zone
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »

Solved, my critter.dat was corrupted.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip