Author Topic: Rework crafting recipes  (Read 4331 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Rework crafting recipes
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:04:34 AM »

I think some items to craft just require too much materials

Beartrap and Mines - should be 5 metal parts instead of 10 IMO
Plasma Grenade - 50 MFC just for 1?! :/
Explosive Rockets - 5 oil cans for 1?! WHT IS THIS?!

There are some other stupid requirements out there too :P

rix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Rework crafting recipes
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 01:37:49 AM »

Repair need rework too, cos its kinda strange than than byu new armor is much easier than repair old one

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:02:15 AM »

Yeah they might seem ridiculous, but they have to add up (closely) with their sell/buy cost, XP reward and their combat effectiveness.

It's hard to say if it is too much or not, but from experience I have a pretty difficult time making traps from the looting I do personally.

FrankenStone

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »

i agree rockets and other stuff require way too much stuff ... in the end its easier to loot that stuff that certain places then to craft becoz its way cheaper

Hawk

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 09:16:04 PM »

I'm totaly agree that repair/craft for those items must be reworked and also, quality degrades very very frequently even with 200% engineer and 3x Mr.Fixit = 350% repair ! ( if I understand correctly )... when tryin to repair Perfect quality items with 90% condition, it degrades quality almost everytime... And required items to craft rockets and some other stuff is totally disadvantageous instead of scavenging it or even buying, it's much cheaper, IMO... So why crafting?...  Some changes really needed here!

Voiddweller

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

Yeah, aside from being extremely non user friendly, crafting basic weapons is not cost effective. I suggest some simplification, especially for modifying recipes, because some already require special components. Why do we have to count metal parts and junk by hand, if there can be weapon modification kit to make a RPK from AK-47? Or PSG from G3? Seems to be more logical than using junk for that. If drop spawn rate will be same as it is for scopes, capacitors and drums it will be awesome.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »

It is cost effective. There is a lot of things that need fixing in AOP but the economy regarding weapon crafting is a gem.

You will have to scavenge in AOP from time to time. But scavenging for parts and crafting weapons is more efficient than scavenging for caps and buying weapons.

There are some things that could be cheaper to craft: drugs, grenades, traps and rockets. But apart from that: even with 100k caps in the bank you won't be able to survive relying on buying gear.

Loot is free.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Voiddweller

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »

Loot is free.
In that case caps is free too. And good guns. Yes, you can craft anything you want, but you still need the right parts, plus cumbersome junk.  And still fixboy interface makes my eyes bleed.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip