Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [DLG] Unlimited cap quest exploit  (Read 11978 times)

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: [DLG] Unlimited cap quest exploit
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 11:10:23 PM »

None of BBoys even use that book-junk merchant >< it's useless. Better trade all of that junk to our ghoul and get persuasion (which gives bonuses to rewards drom assignments and ZC).
P.S.
And btw, topic-starter! Shall BBoys now go and say that a certain someone is abusing game mechanics because they have Police Department closer to them? (Probably the best place to loot)
This whole thing is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:23:31 PM by Myakot »
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

gggrant

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

The repeatable dialogues offer only a caps reward which often is lower in value than what you would get for bartering them, especially as your persuasion skill rises. The onse-time dialogues often offer a choice of mroe caps or gear, which can be a great help for new chars as that gear will be 100% condition.

Also, arguiing that vtec loses zone control cause brahminboys can get 5caps for a scout handbook is a very long shot.

I think you're missing the point entirely. You're saying that it's intentional that v-tec is the only faction that has a cooldown on that quest?

The reality is that no one uses persuasion. It's a waste of skill points and, at best, people will just make alts which is unnecessary because of the abundance of junk. People on v-tec have mounds of junk everywhere because the junk vendor is always empty and they can't do the quest that everyone else does to get caps because it has a cooldown. No matter how you look at it, this puts v-tec at a disadvantage and other factions at an advantage. Even if you think it's small, it's a problem and that's why I made this thread.

Also, since you're here, v-tec (apparently) doesn't get caps as a reward for participating in ZC. Is that intentional?

EDIT: I think I understand now. I guess I'm the one that missed the point. V-tec has higher rewards than other factions for that, but it's a one-time thing for them. That's much, much worse than it being repeatable. The NPC doesn't have a limited number of caps for that so how much you get is decided by how much junk you have. So the amount you loot the core is directly proportional to the amount of caps you get from it, whereas on v-tec the amount of caps you get is determined by assignments and how long you camp the junk vendor. That leads to an enormous economic bottleneck on v-tec. One that doesn't exist for other factions.

Just so you know, you cannot use skill points to raise Persuasion. You can only raise it through constant bartering with NPC's.

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »

Sofar I raised 1% in persuasion from trading and I did trade a lot with the npcs.

Besides that back to the topic.
I dont see how a leather armor mk. 1 that I can buy for like 200 caps is such a big advantage over selling books that would get me like over 2000 caps right now and thats after the tons of books I used to trade befor to try to get better at crafting.

Also getting a few caps or ammo doesn't even come close to the book seller in my opinion.
Sure we can bring in cases for 15 caps each but cases compared to books are kinda uncommon. Additionally that works just since recently too.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »

This whole topic and shit about caps is so damn wrong ;(. Lvl'd a single character w/o any outer help (didn't feed him tons of artifacts or any other items). Got to lvl 11 with 6.1k caps within the day (and I could've done much better).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »

Well that may be the case however it is a fact that the rewards we get from it compared to others is not an advantage at all.

Thats what I wanted to say with what I posted.
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip