Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Energy Weapon suggestions  (Read 11417 times)

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Weapon suggestions
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »

As OP stated the main problem with EW is that there is only one type that has range (laser ext), and it happens that this gun is very bad against metal armors (and tesla ofc). I disagree with some of the other statements about EW though. Here my thoughts:

- Phazer -> should be removed, its only use is as to be a t1 EW and starting weapon and you may as well just switch it to regular laser pistol.

- laser pistol  -> good for upgrading to magneto which is good crippler b/c of its perks, I think is good as-is.

- laser rifle / laser rifle ext --> don't change, good as-is.

- plasma rifle -> is shit, almost completely useless, which sucks because plasma is supposed to be badass.

Suggestion: a decent increase of damage, and small increase of range.

- electro rifle -> most useless gun in game. Having 20 minimum damage means its a crap shoot every time you shoot. It's range is also a joke, there's literally no reason to use this gun instead of an energy pistol as they have same range and pistol shoots faster. Yes, some armors have low eletric res, but it doesn't really matter if your min. damage is 20. I've shot at ants with this damn rifle and had to take 3 shots to kill one. Also, this is the final EW crafting recipe you get, so why is it the shittiest EW gun?

suggestion: Increase range. Let electro rifle have similar range to laser rifle. And increase min. damage to 35.

-> pulse pistol : someone said it's useless, I disagree, it's badass if you are vs someone in metal, it shoots so fast you can get 5 shots on them before they get one on you, and yes it's not aimed (for some reason) but you get knockback often.

suggestion: add ability to aim shot.

-> rad rifle: Sucks you can't aim shot, but it's not terrible because of nice damage output. I would leave this one as-is.

-> rad smg: does not need change, it is great for crippling with its 2x limb-shredder trait.

-> electro smg: kind of sucks, yes it's electric but I would rather use rad smg in any situation.

Suggestion: Give it a bit more damage OR give it the limb shredder traits like Rad smg has.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »

I saw few bad and good opinions about electro rifle and I think its suck only because can't be aimed

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »

it can be aimed, rad rifle cannot

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »