Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Sewer Rat Faction (Factionless Players)  (Read 29778 times)

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION/PROMOTION The Sewer Rat Faction Factionless Players
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

I'll be coming back on or right before the 15th. What should I expect upon returning as I've been out of the IC/OOC loop for about two/two & 1/2 months?

AoP is waning in playerbase due to happenings on other servers and what was basically a giant test of AoP in season 1. Still fun to be had, but I'm more or less waiting for next season.

FrankenStone

Re: [SUGGESTION/PROMOTION] The Sewer Rat Faction (Factionless Players)
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »

we have some decent smalltime pvp at server and i enjoy it ...

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »

I would rather twiddle my thumbs here in this game with no players around than play any other game.  At least I can organize my loots again and again.. so many containers in our base... I was telling Takahashi mk2 how relaxing it is when the platoon (Andrea) is power scavenging and I'm just in the base sorting and crafting with my left hand while I keep the weed flowing with my right hand.
I swear watching the stacks of perfect equipment grow never get old.
Only in AOP baby

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »

i have to add that a few things. scavenging and progressing is most fun and rewarding here, compared to other games, including other fallout games.  Classic fallout had a story but I have no interest in one. Other games have lots of fluff. What I mean to say is that we need to make our own content here. I don't want to hear anyone complaining about the game. discuss how to make the content better. Is that even possible really? ;D

Stem Sunders

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 12:46:01 PM »

Rather than doubling up posts, try out the "modify" function :)

I hear very little complaints about the game, (Ones that aren't complaining about the four faction system and no 1hex etc) most of what I hear is praise.
Shame the last numbers didn't reflect that.

I'm certain the future is bright for AoP.

Also, you might not have to organise your loot manually much longer, we may be getting a sort function.
Check it out.

"Good news, you should see both ordering and ammo-unpacking functions with the next server update." - Paragon
http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2295.msg18677#msg18677
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:51:59 PM by Stem Sunders »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:14 PM »

I have no idea of if/how/when i would set it up, but i would definitely want to try this.
No place to store gear, no paycheck, no zone, it would probably feel like playing a whole different game.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »

I have no idea of if/how/when i would set it up, but i would definitely want to try this.
No place to store gear, no paycheck, no zone, it would probably feel like playing a whole different game.

I think a few of us should create new factionless characters and get together on teamspeak.  I'm willing to try it out if a couple others are with me.

Xardalas

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »

I've been playing as a sewer rat for a few days honestly. Have one of my friends with me. Fun as hell darting through the city. Using mostly salvaged armour that's been beat to shit and back, trying to keep enough ammo to actually fire your guns.

Definitely seems like he lawyers are the most sewer rat friendly faction though. Come across about four of em today. Three of em ignored me. Actually ended up talking with one for a bit.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »

I've been playing as a sewer rat for a few days honestly. Have one of my friends with me. Fun as hell darting through the city. Using mostly salvaged armour that's been beat to shit and back, trying to keep enough ammo to actually fire your guns.

Definitely seems like he lawyers are the most sewer rat friendly faction though. Come across about four of em today. Three of em ignored me. Actually ended up talking with one for a bit.

Probably because white looks similar to grey hahaha

Xardalas

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

Na, got called sewer rats. They knew what we were. :P Still, I think I enjoy playing as a sewer rat more than I did as a actual faction member oddly enough.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 04:07:07 AM »

Currently, i am not quite sure if i will play factionless or stop AOP, but i'll make my stand pretty soon.

Although, it would be interesting to add a few things on the mix :
- A roleplay : Being crazy monks, a new groups of gangsters, squatters, something to define our indentity. Established factions already have an identity. It could be interesting to find our own.
- A purpose : Once we levelled our characters, we might end up at a loss of things to do. I was thinking about protecting/claiming the whole hospital, both on surface and underground. We can't start ZC there, but we can protect the loot. We can, for instance, stop everyone that try to scavenge in those maps, and ask them to pay a fee if they want to scavenge. If they don't want to pay or if they don't pay enough (or if they attack) we kill them. It would be our HQ, like the four factions already have HQ.
- If we have enough players/levels/gear, we might also try to ZC in other zones, by attacking everyone, or supporting a team that defend their zone (family at Eastern, Lawyers at adams, BBoys at central, for instance). Of course, supporting a faction, then another, is assuming that they respect those rules too.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 05:03:13 AM »

I love this idea and will join you.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »

Send me/count your new characters nicknames by mp or on this thread, so we could create a squad with the first few people available. (The official chat is another option)

I can log in before, but i would be more available in three hours, so if you want to set up things before, just tell it here.

Since there is no faction channel for factionless characters, the squad will be very necessary.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »

Currently, i am not quite sure if i will play factionless or stop AOP, but i'll make my stand pretty soon.

Although, it would be interesting to add a few things on the mix :
- A roleplay : Being crazy monks, a new groups of gangsters, squatters, something to define our indentity. Established factions already have an identity. It could be interesting to find our own.
- A purpose : Once we levelled our characters, we might end up at a loss of things to do. I was thinking about protecting/claiming the whole hospital, both on surface and underground. We can't start ZC there, but we can protect the loot. We can, for instance, stop everyone that try to scavenge in those maps, and ask them to pay a fee if they want to scavenge. If they don't want to pay or if they don't pay enough (or if they attack) we kill them. It would be our HQ, like the four factions already have HQ.
- If we have enough players/levels/gear, we might also try to ZC in other zones, by attacking everyone, or supporting a team that defend their zone (family at Eastern, Lawyers at adams, BBoys at central, for instance). Of course, supporting a faction, then another, is assuming that they respect those rules too.

This idea is gold.  Count me in, I need to do something other than ZC. When I create my factionless Ill message you.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »

Sent a message to those already interested.
If you want to join us, use the forum to reach us and we will provide ways to meet.

I don't think you will have any chance to find us, just by wandering ingame.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:44 AM »

We started the squad yesterday, and had three people, but not more than two at the same time.
I suggest a scheduled meeting, so we could gather at the same time and the same place so we could see how many of us are interested, and if that crew could have future.

For me, the best schedule seems to be next monday at 9 pm, GMT+1.

I provide means to contact us to those who tells here, or by mp, that they are interested in the project.

If you think i am too pro-active, feel free to tell it, propose alternatives.

But, from my perspective, i got tired of AOP factions, and their lack of balance, both when in the winning and the losing side. So i don't intend to play the game if not for this project. It doesn't mean that you HAVE to join. Join only if you like the idea. But that i prefer that we poke each other when to come to play this, than wait ingame and end up doing something else. I will end up doing something i don't want to. (at least for now)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:30:36 AM by naossano »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

The sewer rats brigade scouted the whole phoenix and became aware of the new color of the wasteland. Cheers to the family/BBoys/Lawyers to paint phoenix in their colors agains't the blue swarm.

Next scheduled meeting is this wednesday and 8 pm GMT. (and not GMT+1)

I hope we will be a bit more numerous.

At this point, we are too few, with too low lvl so we don't engage in ZC, and try to not PVP. We will tell it here, if we change our mind.

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 11:45:45 PM »

I can't believe I have never seen this thread before, all this time I've been wandering around alone in the sewers XD I'm totally in.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2015, 04:58:32 AM »

For now, the next scheduled meeting is on monday at 8pm GMT.

BUT...

We were quite a number during the last scheduled meeting. We might be enough to have a reliable squad even if we aren't all there.

So if you want to set up other scheduled meetings before monday, feel free to suggest those here.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »

How about Friday 8pm GMT?  I can't make Mondays or Wednesdays, and I'm GMT - 8 so that complicates it further.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip