Author Topic: [TRAIT] Gifted  (Read 3055 times)

Hunky

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
[TRAIT] Gifted
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »

Yes, this is an amazing trait, I know.
Even though it won't allow you to tag any skill, the few more points you get from it are worth it.

But I have noticed that when you pick it, you can't go below 2 points in any of your SPECIAL stats.

I know it is because if you set it to '1' then the base amount is '0' and when you want to 'create' your character it says 'Incorrect SPECIAL data'. I don't know though, if this was intended or not, but still bugs me that I can't make use of that 1 point that is a leftover I don't need.
Therefore what I thought of is to make the system recognize at least one point put as if it counts as a base.
As if base was still at '0' but the additional point from Gifted makes it see it as '1'.

If that doesn't explain it, I'll try to expand my suggestion a little more.

It is a loose suggestion, which I thought could improve the quality of some builds that base themselves around the 'Gifted' trait. However, if you see it as a potiental threat that people may exploit to make super-uber overpowered characters then don't even consider changing it.

SIGN HERE
Hunky

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: [TRAIT] Gifted
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 05:47:12 PM »

This is why I think gifted is just too much (weighted too heavily on both sides).

When it comes to min maxing like Hunky wishes to do; but also because in theory the devs were trying to avoid people "dumping" stats in attempts to make "uber" builds, but with the gifted trait, "dumping" a stat still leaves it at 2, which obviously, is twice as good as 1.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip