Author Topic: Brahminboys...Meh ?  (Read 4788 times)

MotherLucy

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Brahminboys...Meh ?
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »

Since Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency and The Family has a good history which I really like and suit their Im kinda worried about the V-Technologists and my "favorite" the Brahminboys.

You know I dont want to talk about the V-Technologists. Maybe we got some time and talk about their History and their goals.
I want to talk about the Brahminboys.

You know, when I read the faction description, I dont really get something what says " Hey! Thats must be a awesome faction!" ( Like It is in Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency).
From what I saw and read the Brahminboys are more like stupid backwoods people without any education. Not that it was just that, its more a bad organized anarchist group without any big goal ( Not like my Favorite from the History telling the Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency).
I mean just read their description. And thats im started to think, should it be so ?

I mean I dont hate this faction but for me it seems like that they kinda unfinished, more like unpolished.

Thats why I would suggest a bring some one of the "sozialistic" touch.
Here I wanted to bring some good and some bad things about this change.
Good thing would be their goal, to unite the people for a utopia, that means good restrained Mutans/Animals life as one without war. (Here I thought about one of the endings in the Fallout Tactics.)
But bad things like poor equipment or high risky operations and the endless expansion.

People will think, how should be this even possible in the Fallout universe. Well as I played Fallout 3, I found some locations of the Chinese Army Soldiers, which still was alive. Mabye during the time, from the War to the current time, these chinese people became friends with the survivors in the wasteland. Time changed the peoples mind, that the people now dont see themself as winners or losers, more than as "enlightened". Here it could be saw as bad or good, its up to you. Im just playing wih some ideas right now.

Yes, its sound like a whole faction need to be redesigned and yes, I already know that its impossible but I still wanted to say what I think.
Right now I dont see many people in Brahminboys what makes some trouble to raid for exp or money, fortiori to go and invade something in the town, but some polishing need to be done to make the faction more attractive to others.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
Re: Brahminboys...Meh ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

Hello MotherLucy, that's nice to read you talk about factions backgrounds. To be honest, they're yet quite unfinished, but the main lines are written (but not all ingame yet).

As for the Brahminboys, I'm a bit surprised you have that feeling. They're the most developed faction concerning ingame dialogs and if you go and read them, you'll see they are actually a quite advanced faction especially about social values. After all, Brahminboys are composed partly of tribals and ghouls that try to live in harmony. They're probably the faction that actually could build a better world, if they manage to win the war.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »

brahmin boys are the only ones taking zones FFS >_>.

In the faction video, brahmin boys sounded like dicks, bunch of red necks from texas who want domination?  psychoos.
but the in game dialog they just seem like country folk who want to make a better life for themselves.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:23:03 PM by faopcurious »

MotherLucy

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »

Mh, than I didnt read all speak to all peopel...but I already spoke to all people in the base. I dont know if Brahmin Boys taken more territory, but like I heard the Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency have steamrolled some territorys.
But I agree, brahmin boys sound kinda odd ><

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »

i think maybe you're interpreting it wrong.  These people may be good ol fashioned American stubbornness, but they have put aside their differences, dumb or smart, uneducated or genius, to basically "fight the man"  and promote everyone being an individual within a community.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »

I can't comprehend why people even consider JJJ as something interesting >< it's just NCR all over again. (W/o Tandi).
Family is the standard New-Reno, and V-Techs seem like a composition of squatters and something else.

And after playing for a couple of hours and chatting with every single person in other factions, I started to like BBs even more. (The only thing I dislike strongly is that head of our council is Metzger ;), played too much of original fallout I suppose).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

Not the same Metzger, obviously... probably a relative!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »

Not the same Metzger, obviously... probably a relative!
I kno, he tells something about "Metzger and *** family made it together" , still can't stay for long enough near him. Do always have an urge to start pumping jet and call Sulik ;) or wear out the fastload button in order to pickpocket every slaver... Oh those good 'ol times.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »

basically

Brahmin boys: Rednecks
Family: Mafia
Lawyer agency: similar to western lawmen
V-tech: some over advanced technology elitist masterrace, like pc users