Author Topic: nerfing based on ZC results  (Read 2473 times)

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
nerfing based on ZC results
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:11:35 AM »

I can't help but feel like you guys are watching our PvP and ZC, and directly making your nerf decisions off what we are doing. Which I am actually fine with and let me explain to you why:
1. We play to win, we can't help our competitive spirits.
2. We tool around with our prospective character archetypes and use whichever items we find to be the most useful/best
3. If an item is obviously too good, or OP, we use it.
4. We enjoy FOnline and want to see this game be a success
So I'm okay with you nerfing the things that we are using in ZC, because we are using them for a reason.
I would prefer if you would ask us of our opinions of things, and give it some actual value, since it is often our input and actions that make your decisions. You may be missing something that we simply don't use because "it isn't very viable, or good"
all the while thinking that it is an okay mechanic.
I'm not a fan of suggestions being shrugged off, because you feel that you haven't seen them as an issue. Instead of nerfing an item, then gauging the response, why not ask our opinions? We want the game to be fair and balanced, why not consult the player about and item and see if they have suggestions for fixing it?
-AMERICA
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:38:59 AM by BG Sexpert »

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
Re: nerfing based on ZC results
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »

Well. Concerning melee, again, they were not balanced properly at all from the beginning. You found that out immediately and indeed, we had to do something.  For the rest, sure we'll take your opinions into account. But I guess you'll still have to wait a bit more for that, until you have every potentially missing information in mind (wiki) and until all those nasty bugs are fixed.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: nerfing based on ZC results
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:35:55 AM »

Most of the devs do tend to listen to user input, in my experience. That's the point of the beta, really. Melee needed a nerf, without a doubt. But the way in which it was nerfed made a few items go from a bit OP to "Okay, now I can only use the wakizashi, because it is the only half-way decent weapon that can still aim."
and then that turned out to be a bit ridiculous in damage.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip