Author Topic: Map of Phoenix  (Read 4825 times)

SaNeR

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
Map of Phoenix
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »

I think need a "red dot" on locations when u are in Phoenix.
(In the pip boy map)

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
Re: Map of Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »

We didn't want that, but since many people are asking, I guess we'll consider it.

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »

No, it will be too easy. People must have fill, like they are in dangeoures, big, not understandable, unknown city.

Rynn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
    • Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »

I think it's something that needs to be discuss  :)

Saner Say that it's not easy to know in which map of phoenix we are. First you try to remember the path you take, then you zoom out in order to see a buildingthat you know...
I'm not saying that is a bad thing (or a good things).

I don't thing that this info should be in the pip-boy, not enough immersive in my opinion. But it can be discuss for a PVP game.

Why not add some road sign near each exit grid in a map to tell you where you are (maybe not new sign road but old one that you can click on to read it).

Spoiler for Hiden:

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »

Personally I also think it's more immersive without a tracker that tells you where you are. You have to pay more attention that way, and I think with the map pics, if you take a few seconds to look, you'll soon figure out where you are.

An option to toggle it on/off could of course be imagined.

I like the road sign idea. There are plenty of signs around each map, it should be simple to give them different descriptions that indicates where you are. Would be fun if each street had it's own name and so on. Of course if you're completely lost, it might not matter if you read a sign saying that you're on "North 22nd drive" or whatever. Just like in real life :).

Anyway, I just think it's pretty cool that it's even possible to have such a big, connected map that you can actually get lost in it in the first place.

Annette

• Wanderer
  • Small-time Art Student
    • View Profile
    • ArtBlog
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:05:53 AM »

I must also agree with the road signs, quite much more immersive then the red dots. It's like making a horror game with a light switch On and Off option, or a Puzzle/Labyrinth game with a waypoint arrow above your head. It'd ruin everything.
You can follow me on devianART and my blog.
"I've been lectured the whole day by men who know only to talk and not act."

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »

I'll see about adding street panels. Problem being of course getting graphic artists to work on that. We have still a couple of buildings into the Core that have yet no name, no label, no sign of any kind on the walls. That's something I'd gladly see improved as well.

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

I'll see about adding street panels. Problem being of course getting graphic artists to work on that. We have still a couple of buildings into the Core that have yet no name, no label, no sign of any kind on the walls. That's something I'd gladly see improved as well.

I like the idea of street signs a lot.

Sir Craftkid

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:52 AM »

Sounds like a good idea, would take lots of time of dedicated playing to figure out where each zones connect. I must have been to the core at least 50 times, and I still use the map to get around, even though I have one or two paths already memorized.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip