Author Topic: sugestion - Medical Implantate  (Read 5202 times)

SSakul

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
sugestion - Medical Implantate
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »

I have some idea about some implantates in game like +5% faster running +5%rezist vs normal atack , and could be everythink . It will mean ppl will play only 1 character and they will improve it .. only few ppl will Alting .. There can be some rly rare components for it so ppl will trade with it .. also its can take -1Ch  so ppl will need to take CH to char also . Mb everytime higher karma for every next lvl of upgrade .

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: sugestion - Medical Implantate
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »

Running speed appears to be difficult/impossible to change in the way you describe (in fact we did have some ideas about it, but it turned out to be too hard to implement).

The suggestion itself has some merit imo, I would like to see something like it also. Though at the end of the day, it might not be very different from simply "finishing" a character - it's just another reward for accumulating a certain amount of karma, experience points or caps. In general, I think the longer it takes for a char to reach maximum potential, the more people will tend to stick to one or just a few chars. So that's good.

But if the rewards are too powerful, it might become hard or even impossible for lower level players to compete at all, which is something we want to avoid. You should be viable for combat even if you don't have the best stuff or the highest level. Otherwise we're promoting a situation where players tend to go only with min/maxed chars (which in itself leads to alting) and only tier 3 gear, which reduces the number of practically useful weapons and armors for everyone.

SSakul

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »

well i understand 5% was just example and i agree with balance even for ppl which join later or dont spend that much time in game ... I just like that idea to chance to sligtly improve char after reach lvl ..

And from yesterday action i suggest one think for change .. For now .. Theres karma only per hit to enemy .. Theres no bonus for DMG to player or  Kill. mb its can be changed to different formula . Because when u get someone to negative and kill him by fist u gain much more karma than u just kill him by 1 shot burst

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:52:52 AM »

Yeah, the reputation penalties should probably work similarly to the fame in ZC (taking damage dealt into account). You should still get an additional penalty for making the kill, though.

Also related to this topic, there is no actual level cap. After 24, you can still gain levels, earning just a few skillpoints and hit points, and there are plans for weaker perks as well. So there's sort of a soft-cap at 24, after which you still profit from leveling up, but only a little.

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:59 AM »

Running speed appears to be difficult/impossible to change in the way you describe (in fact we did have some ideas about it, but it turned out to be too hard to implement).

It implemented on russian RP-server. I think you need ask their devs about this feature.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »

If you can't say which server it is, I'm afraid we'll have a hard time to find them ;)

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »

#roleplay

Ask [TZ]Anubis in common chat. He was dev, but now GM. He can connect you with PowerMagic (dev).

Sarakin

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »

Doesnt changing player speed make his animation look teared because of missing frames ?

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »

On that server it was'nt.

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »

Seems I was wrong, it is actually quite easy to change the running/walking speed of a critter... I think we'll probably do something interesting with it in the future.

Oliver

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »

Will be good if you will take some other features from that project; I think Qthree i think will not hold this info and put in chest. An axample kitchen-garden or fishing system. :)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip