Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: PvP Discussion [S1]  (Read 161307 times)

Fox

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Re: PvP Movies and Screens
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »

I see, honey.

But actually where is there cheating ? It isn't let me see through walls, as you can note. And if it would be cheating, then it also would be forbidden by devs, ain't it ?

**cognitive dissonance**

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

you can see opened doors in buildings = you can notice enemy going through building, other players cant
it also helps you to aim your FA easier, see loot in buildings and few other advantages

Fox

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 04:08:36 PM »

1. Sometimes I don't see doors at all (can't damn close them or even find entrance) = disadvantage ?
2. I probably have worst rate of looting in entire wasteland, so there is no pluses for me in that aspect.
The only plus I see is that it's a bit easier to heal teammates, yes.
What a great vantage !

I'm ready to remove that mod if devs say that this is forbidden.
But as long as this didn't happen - calm down, dudes, I promise to play giveaway with you.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Discussion
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »

We know you use it too seki, a lot of people use it

EVERYONE USES IT!
No, they don't.
For some reason, Shangalar decided to make an exception for the wall mods, but personally, I absolutely can't stand them. It actually makes me a bit angry sometimes, while I'm mapping. Why should I bother with putting down the right walls, when half of the people use modified clients to remove them?
But whatever, it's not my decision. I've played FOnline for more years than I'm proud of, and have never needed that mod.
Also, I split the posts from the screen thread

Stem Sunders

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »

I appreciate the walls man, and the world as a whole, mappers are awesome.

Except the drunk mapper that forgot to give family gate a skeleton loot spawn like others got. :P

I dont like the wall hacks either, I'm just like. "Wai" it looks awful. why would anybody use it unless it distinctly made some sort of difference?
I.E an advantage over other players. No one in all honesty can say its for aesthetic purposes surely.

I never understood why its ok.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:16:44 PM by Stem Sunders »

paragon

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 03:07:44 AM »

"To fight cheaters, you need cheats"

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 03:34:50 AM »

"To fight cheaters, you need cheats"
Said no one ever?

If you want to use such things, then be ready (and accept) for the fact that people will hate on you, and don't you dare to stand your ground with "but it's not completely forbidden!", that's the lowest thing possible.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 04:32:34 AM »

> Said no one ever?
At least me said for now. What's the difference who said it? It's true.

> "If you want to use such things"
I don't want to, but I don't like losing, because enemy has "unfair advantage".

Also, as not everyone understands the problem fully:
1. You can replace smoke with same type of graphics, which will let you to defibrite / heal / loot in the smoke, which is with standard graphics impossible.
2. You can replace item models with anything you want, letting you to see the item with any type of additional graphics. E.g. big fat writing "Plasma cannon" which will let you to see the item behind any obstacle, on any ground, e.g. as soon as you dropped it from enemy hands will let you to pick it up faster. Especially it's much easier to do with all new item models.
3. You can replace player models with graphics, which will make them much easier to aim.

> "That people will hate on you"
So, another one "Don't blame, and be not blamed"... So don't forget to check Russian Whine Wall, which is full of nice things, said and done by your BBoys teammates (and leader), in the same time as screenshot with their game modifications. That actually was quite surprising for me to know that you "dare to stand your ground" playing with them with any argument. Did you know about what I described? I'm pretty sure, you did. Did you affect anyhow your leader and teammates to not using it / report them / describe the problem to the community? I'm pretty sure you didn't. So hate me now, I don't really care...

I gave my opinion on the topic in this thread. In short, there should be a mechanism to restrict client-side file modification / inner game setting for everyone to turn off / on official version for the wall replacer. But "To fight cheaters, you need cheats" I has heard later, and it describes the problem good enough.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:25:41 AM by paragon »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 04:45:49 AM »

plz ban wall mods  :-[

ps: how do i close door hidden behind walls ? because i dont have wall modz

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 04:56:47 AM »

@paragon, I'm sorry what?

1. You've put that phrase in quotations, meaning that you've quoted someone. (and it just sounds cheasy, at least should've used "fight fire with fire")
2. This was not adressed to you, that's why there is a giant space in between the lines.
3. I've played with them for two weeks (still was great), and AFAIK a single person had wall mods, and he left on like 4th day (everyone else just agreed that those look ugly, don't forget that like half of us were filming and streaming the game). Yes, I did, I love how you just assume that I "used everything to win" shit. Of course you won't, why should you, a person that blindly accuses somebody "just because".
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:58:29 AM by Myakot »

paragon

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 05:01:31 AM »

Quote is from Armor King. You know him? Probably not.. Probably not a lot of people know him at all. So I don't see many reasons to point to him.
Also, check my underline for each post, too much quotes without authors! (:
In the 3rd part I said, you played with people who did those things, I didn't say you do that.

paragon

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 05:04:03 AM »

About PA armor for those who didn't get it, rocket launcher makes superior damage.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 05:38:45 AM »

About PA armor for those who didn't get it, rocket launcher makes superior damage.
Smalltime already proved that AK counters PA

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:34 AM »

Eh, the guy also ate an AP rocket (took 169 damage, I believe)
Basically what that came down to, was that he was camping the gate with only one friend, and he wasn't a very good player.
This PA is not be-all end-all. In the right hands, and in the right situations (aka, not alone like this) it can be VERY useful.
Also, yeah, I'm kind of mad that the Aks-74 is currently the best bursting sg.
That was JHP ammo.
Many things, especially ammos, need reworking.

Also, paragon, most of the mods you listed are heavily frowned upon, and against the rules. Only the walls are "tolerated."

I'd much prefer a restricted client.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:28:56 AM by Smalltime »

paragon

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:55 AM »

Try yourself with leadership'ed PA under psycho and 7 food and you'll see difference with real combat.

In the "13 Vtechs vs 17+2PA BBs+Family" the funny was that "on the side of the map" there were about 6-7 BBoys still running, effectively enough to be more than v-tech if summed with Family.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:11:25 AM by paragon »

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 02:57:41 AM »

Yeah, they retreated early. I don't think that those guys realize how easy it is to get PA, so they are very scared of losing it. Retreating early was a common theme among the BB.

paragon

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »

> How easy it is to get PA

I don't think we realized either (:
It takes 7 dungeon runs for us to score a PA, which around 5 hours of boring pve, and I can't really stand even 30 mins.
Farming knights? Don't think it's more productive.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:14 AM »

> How easy it is to get PA

I don't think we realized either (:
It takes 7 dungeon runs for us to score a PA, which around 5 hours of boring pve, and I can't really stand even 30 mins.
Farming knights? Don't think it's more productive.
I'm fairly certain it is more productive. We farmed five in 2-3 days before we realized we don't even have a use for our current ones because our guys aren't on that much.
This is really one of the more reasonable implementations yet. Getting one on early TLA was a bit of a nightmare.
Hell, I've actually complained before that they are too easy.

I actually took this SS when I was out hunting geckoes for awareness on one of our planned PA characters. I was quite angry that I was there alone.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:57:22 AM by Smalltime »

paragon

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »

Well, probably it's the certain place, not those we were searching.
And not everyone is dropping a fragment there, right?

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:25 AM »

Well, probably it's the certain place, not those we were searching.
And not everyone is dropping a fragment there, right?
It's about a five out of six chance. Missed out on over 10 PA shards in that encounter. I just had to sit and watch them walk away. was very tragic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip