Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wall mod, to put it nicely.  (Read 13413 times)

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
Wall mod, to put it nicely.
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »

Since wall hacks/mods/cheats are allowed, someone should post the info on how to do it here so everyone can cheat together. I thought it was just a few people, but half the screen shots I open have missing wall textures so F it gimmi dem cheats.
edit:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asfj4oewt7rrfrx/walls.zip
Installation:
put the zip into the data folder inside AoP-client.
Delete tiles folder.
Edit DataFiles.cfg with notepad.
Add this at the bottom:
Spoiler for Hiden:
# wall mod
.\data\walls.zip
Save notepad.

Credit to the man below.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:17:55 PM by Feervich »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Wall mod, to put it nicely.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »

Don't do it, there is no fun in mods that reduce someone's work into nothing, poor level designers :(
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Spore Plants

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »

Do these actually let you see players through walls that would otherwise be hidden?
It's the army, we got power in numbers
And that's .9s, .45s, .357s, and M500s

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »

Do these actually let you see players through walls that would otherwise be hidden?
Nope, that'd be against the rules for sure, but it still gives you lots of advantages.

JokeMaster

• Wastelander
  • Tesla power core
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

Nope.  They just cut out walls, roofs,etc. And those should be banned.
"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have maggot, but then you haven't met ME either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die."

I speak polish, english, russian and german in that order.

soon.

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

Nope.  They just cut out walls, roofs,etc. And those should be banned.
Should be, but are not. If you can't beat them, join them.
I'm curious if it would let me see several of the chests I have found hidden behind walls. If it does, it should be banned for giving an unfair loot advantage. Not to mention not having to click on players you can see through windows. Just go right around the window and click the texture that should be blocked by a wall.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

Removing walls lets you see both chests and loot.

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »

Also, after removing the roofs, you should be able to hex-shoot a 9000mm MLG mortar in rooms, when doors are opening and you can see it from 2km. Why bother with running there to check it out?
All mod users should be banned imo.

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »

@Hans - awesome, lol.

I can see there is a lot of understandable stigma against the wall issue. Feel free to PM me the information and I'll edit it into my original post. Keeping your reputation safe, and mine, well what reputation?! This is more of an equality thing IMO.

I do think the roof thing is not allowed though.

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »

and thats why i asked for that as option defaultly.. drama incoming..

Sharky

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »

there seems to be a lot of misinformation about this mod it just replaces the wall graphics with hex ones. You still can not see through the wall and can't hex shoot through it without looking through a window. It doesn't give advantage in pvp only benefit is that you see loot that was placed next to the wall

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »

Since wall hacks/mods/cheats are allowed, someone should post the info on how to do it here so everyone can cheat together. I thought it was just a few people, but half the screen shots I open have missing wall textures so F it gimmi dem cheats.

Cheats and hacks are not allowed for anyone to use, and the first platoon I take using such tools will be banned entirely.

Play the game fairly, or leave this place at once.

EDIT: the only thing that was ever mentioned as TOLERATED for now is to replace wall graphics in order to gain some clarity when looting piles sometimes hidden behind walls.

Btw, where did you find hidden containers? I tried to make sure to remove those.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:07:53 PM by Shangalar »

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »

Sharky - I'm not referring to shooting through walls, I was talking about not having to click around them. You would still be firing through the window, but the entire body would be clickable, instead just what you can spot through the window.

Shang - Which is why, for now, this information needs to be posted on the forums. Then removed later when you deem the wall cheat bannable. (Like right now please)

The metal chest is in the BB core entrance, around the NW side of the map, in the building with 4 bedrooms that appear to have no container.

Still waiting on a player who believes in equality to inform the world of the wall "mod".
Seki, Siltaz, dude with weird avatar of a nude man in makeup, paragon.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:42:21 PM by Feervich »

paragon

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »

Next time you want me to share some info, just send a pm cuz I don't read all themes on the forum, but I do believe in equality.
I do understand your concern and first felt the same way probably: can't beat them, join them.
It gives you huge advantage in my opinion and should be technically impossible to use [the only real way to restrict it] ether publicly accessible.
Wall replacer mod greatly breaks the atmosphere, look and overall experience. In additional it's not full, as server has huge amount of custom graphics. Basically game masters use this thing too, as they can't apply mouse commands on people behind walls / roofs. I don't know if it's same for this server or not.
Going further, there's item highlighter. It paints green contours to some items, not all again. It makes them highly visible in opposite to custom models. And they look ugly.

Installation: put the archive to the data directory. Edit DataFiles.cfg in the game folder to add a path to the file. There're several examples inside.

If you don't care about domination or/and can enjoy the game the way it is, I don't recommend to use it, but if you'll do, you will find stuff you'd never find otherwise and will be able to understand the building structure without entering it.

I believe there's should be possibility to turn on / turn off walls and roofs from the client or technical impossibility to use such modes... but if you don't use it now, you lose.

And as I make something for you, please do something for me too. Stop spamming useless and untrue messages like "Hello wallhacks." on the forum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:21:49 PM by paragon »

Feervich

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

It was really a call to anyone to reply, and since you fixed your guide to have pictures without your wall-hacks I shall delete the message you refer to, Mr. snippy pants. The hacks/cheats thing is more derogatory than being actual hacks or cheats. Though it is cheap! The item highlighter I will refuse to use though. It seems even more contemptible than the wall 'mod.'

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »

Cheats and hacks are not allowed for anyone to use, and the first platoon I take using such tools will be banned entirely.

Play the game fairly, or leave this place at once.

EDIT: the only thing that was ever mentioned as TOLERATED for now is to replace wall graphics in order to gain some clarity when looting piles sometimes hidden behind walls.

Btw, where did you find hidden containers? I tried to make sure to remove those.

So, People are aloud to remove the roof/wall so they can stand anywhere in the map, And see who is closing/opening doors and lockers anywhere in the entire map ? Sounds like cheating.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:46 PM »

Removing walls could be tolerated for me at the moment, though your point is quite valid. However, roof hack is definitely a cheat and won't be accepted.

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 12:34:47 AM »

Removing walls could be tolerated for me at the moment, though your point is quite valid. However, roof hack is definitely a cheat and won't be accepted.

Walls don't bother me either, Thanks for clearing up that roof removal is not aloud.. I'd be a sad panda if it was

SEGA_RUS

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »

What about bigger transparent zone near player?
I don't want to call it coz everyone will found it.

paragon

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »

How about adding icons to items like that:
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip