Author Topic: +1 Karma for me  (Read 5802 times)

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
+1 Karma for me
« on: September 21, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »

Today I was hearing a lot of fellow family members over the chat talking about how they just started. Some were complaining about how the got killed by npcs or whatever. I decided to help with the problem a little bit. I know it wasn't much but I made a few peoples' day.  ;D

But then you have idiots who will come and start sciencing items saying "Let the noobs work hard for it!" *cough* S.P.E.C.I.A.L *cough*...
Anyways, it was a good thing, and other people started doing it also. A fellow family member, Shin, started repairing AK-47's for whoever needed it for free. It was a good deed for some of us, and I think we helped get some beginners on their feet. Good job Family! There is still some good players around.... and some bad ones like SPECIAL....
Things just got worse.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
Re: +1 Karma for me
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

Perhaps trade stuff instead of dropping it on the ground would help. Maybe one day we'll be able to provide you an NPC accepting donations for newcomers, but it sounds complicated to set up without implying easy abuse.

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »

Yeah but standing there trading things all day would take up WAAAAY to much time. This way, people see it and take what they need. Don't worry, it's all gone already  ;D But I do like the idea of the donations NPC. It could give any player 1 armor, 100 bullets and 1 gun. Make it have a 24 6 hour cooldown for a players who take items, but when you donate, you get some reputation in your faction!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:52:42 PM by Gimper »
Things just got worse.

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »

We did it again guys! Thanks for all your help! Shout out to all the helpers and donations!
Stem Sunders - HUGE Donation
Ernalator - Donations
XvillianX - Donations
SeanRon - Donations and Distributer
HighRoller - Donations

Thanks you all for helping your fellow faction members!

Things just got worse.

MasacruAlex

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 06:56:22 AM »

Perhaps trade stuff instead of dropping it on the ground would help. Maybe one day we'll be able to provide you an NPC accepting donations for newcomers, but it sounds complicated to set up without implying easy abuse.

Indeed. People would start favoring rich factions just because they get it too easy. People would make alts, take all the donations they can and transfer to other chars :P

Otherwise that is nice of you. I suggest spreading the stuff :P Like spread it throughout the rooms / lockers. That way you don't get 1 person looting them all in 1 go :D

Deathproof

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:46 AM »

Yeah unfortunately fonline world (in every server) is filled with exploiters and abusers who are even willing to steal tier1 equipment from their own new faction members. And its a damn shame....

But nice effort from the folks, glad to see it.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:11 AM »

Good job brothers! I'm sure the newbies appreciate it.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »

I know I'm no the only one who's been doing it but containers around the base are filled with newb goodies.

good guy

• Wastelander
  • its fun to be scared sometimes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »

you guys could have told me I have an abundance of laser pistols and I could have easily transferred them to you guys via a container in your gate
watch these 2 videos when you feel down
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip