Author Topic: New wipe + Reroll Fix  (Read 7964 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
New wipe + Reroll Fix
« on: May 26, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »

Yep you shoud wipe again and run it proper whit tear progression system ower time, so first month only tier1 weapons, second tier2 showup...
Rerolls shoud not be unlimited, implement an rare item in core  so people dont reroll all time. like maybe a brain so you swich out your brain, or ewen better less rarer items but you need to collect all.  Like you need to find a brain +  Larm + Rarm + Lleg + Rleg + Torso so you can craft new body to reroll into

OFC first test shit out on atm live server

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: New wipe + Reroll Fix
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »

I can already think of a joke about not free rerolls and brains.

I love Clochard

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »

Do not mess up. Devs tried to add a lot of new features and fucked  up. Just simply everything. Imo lvl progression is shit, I had 0 fun with playing wwII weapons.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »

I had a lot of fun playing with WW2 weapons, although they had their balance issues too. Still was a lot of fun to make lines with kars and using old school bazooka to break em.

I hope next season we start with t0 : muskets, attachable bayonets swords machetes, cannons, grenadiers will work like they did back then.     

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:23:04 AM »

Had great fun with ww2 weapons....and i still do lol. The thing i get 0 fun from is fighting teams with Salvaged PA's and all tier 9 guns armed with infinite ammo and grenades.....That's just as far from post- apo as you can get.......

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:06 PM »

About  "Devs having problems allready" i sead leave this server until  stuff get fixed then do wipe..

Progression system would be so cool cuz people would use shit weapons too and no more same stuff all time

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
  • CERRA LOS OJOS Y ABRI LA BOCA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »

+1 to this yes please  :D
meta vino y porqueria

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »

Blackpowder weapons only: Starts raining and everything gets wet.......well time for a bayonet charge! ;)
That would be so fucking epic hehe.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

You know thats not how black powder weapons worked :P?

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »

You know you CANNOT get your powder wet, else it wont work right? Try loading a paper and powder based bullet into a musket under the rain? Good frickin luck haha.

Shit, even in ww2. The soldiers that made the beach landings had their guns sealed in plastic bags, cause it so turns out that a wet gun didnt fire properly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:26:58 PM by Weasel »

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 06:24:45 PM »

damn son
http://www.kaliber.pl/64663-999-thickbox/prochownica-pedersoli-dp533-kal-44.jpg
you have a lot of learning about black powder guns, because you know they used them even in rain and oh wow they worked ;p

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »

Are you talking about movies? Cause we all know how 100% realistic those are...... ::)

But bottom line.....No, you cannot use a musket under the rain. Unless it's just a thin morning mist maybe...Or if your inside a building and completly dry. If it JUST started raining you might be able to fire a few shots, but once you and your cartridges get wet, party is over.

From Wikipedia: Gunpowder

Black powder arms must be well cleaned both inside and out to remove the residue. The matchlock musket or pistol (an early gun ignition system), as well as the flintlock would often be unusable in wet weather, due to powder in the pan being exposed and dampened. Because of this unreliability, soldiers carrying muskets, known as musketeers, were armed with additional weapons such as swords or pikes. The bayonet was developed to allow the musket to be used as a pike, thus eliminating the need for the soldier to carry a secondary weapon.

Would you like to know more?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:08:07 PM by Weasel »

S1mancoder

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »

Are you talking about movies? Cause we how know all 100% realistic those are...... ::)

But bottom line.....No, you cannot use a musket under the rain. Unless it's just a thin morning mist maybe...Or if your inside a building and completly dry. If it JUST started raining you might be able to fire a few shots, but once you and your cartridges get wet, party is over.

RTFM, it really depends on musket lock design, some were even specificially made to be shoot while its raining, some other just were able to do it (to a more or less degree).

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 04:18:49 AM »

I don't want to interrupt you guys. But we are moving away from main thread....very important thread.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »

From Wikipedia: Gunpowder
Oh my god you made my day, wikipedia as reliable source of information hahahaha:D

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »

As oposed to the picture of a 18th century penis pump you posted?  ???

It dosent take a genius to know wet gunpowder is a bad thing.....i kinda feel bad for you right now.

@ Mad Matt: We Kinda are on topic....a bit. Talking about tier 0 weapons for new wipe ;)

I'd love to see the devs opinion on this tho: Can blackpowder weapons fire in the rain? Isn't that why there is rain and the ''you feel wet'' in the first place?

Mad Matt

• Experienced Survivor
  • True Ranger... True Ranger never changes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »

Yeah, in small part...anyway bringing tier 0 weapons etc would have any sense only if it will be usefull somehow even in later parts of game. Otherwise don't even bother with making it and putting ingame.
He rules the roads.
The Maximum Force of the Future.
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.
When the gangs take over the highway... ...Remember he's on your side.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »

You dude are seriously low on imagination or just plain dumb, maybe read something more than wiki, or better ask enthusiasts. But good luck anyway :)

Weasel

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »

Yeah, in small part...anyway bringing tier 0 weapons etc would have any sense only if it will be usefull somehow even in later parts of game. Otherwise don't even bother with making it and putting ingame.

They already are made and in the game. But even at start there was higher tier weapons available, so no one really bothered using them.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip