Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Orangised PvP - is it possible?  (Read 22621 times)

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Orangised PvP - is it possible?
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:12:19 AM »

This is a just quick poll to get an idea of how many people want to fight in PvP combat - considering all the new weapon balancing that has taken place over the last few months.

Sneak is much fairer than it used to be - so people who were worried about getting destroyed by a sneaker - would you consider coming back if fights were organised? (I consider the combat system to be exceptional).

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:14:14 AM by Count Matthew »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
Re: Orangised PvP - is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »

Nothing like flogging a dead horse.

It's great that you're still trying though.

Nice use of colour.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

FuckYou

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »

fuck you

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »

For our Russian Friends:

Небольшой опрос, для того, что бы понять сколько людей хотели бы вернутся на сервер, конкретно вопрос к тем, кто ушел с сервера из за хромающего и местами мертвого баланса.
    Сервер с момента ухода большинства игроков потерпел множество изменений в лучшую сторону, включая балансировку большинства оружия, и системы скрытности, которая стала очень дружелюбной к обычным боевым персонажам, и сникер более не может входить в кураж и расстреливать все подряд.

Так что хочу позвать всех, тех людей, которые ждали, или до сих пор ждут баланса. Так вот - он уже стал лучше.
Исходя из всего этого, призываю всех желающих вернутся на сервер, и участвовать в организованных боях между сторонами, и возможно даже спонтанных столкновений.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »

Yes a lot of changes happened but how much they actually impacted on the game ?

The question is : is it worth for the players to play the server at this moment ? Is it worth the players time to play the server at its current revision that isn't much better than it was at the beginning of the session and definitely worse than last season pre-wipe.

There is a reason that most players left the game, and it didnt happen only at the beginning but at a steady pace, the last players stopped playing at the current version of the game. Whats the point of calling players to try and get dissapointed from AoP at its current form.   

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »

Yes a lot of changes happened but how much they actually impacted on the game ?

The question is : is it worth for the players to play the server at this moment ? Is it worth the players time to play the server at its current revision that isn't much better than it was at the beginning of the session and definitely worse than last season pre-wipe.

There is a reason that most players left the game, and it didnt happen only at the beginning but at a steady pace, the last players stopped playing at the current version of the game. Whats the point of calling players to try and get dissapointed from AoP at its current form.

Hi Komrade, I am talking about PvP - it is identical to last season. 

Yes, some aspects of the server are not as good - but the actual player vs player fighting is exactly the same.

Thank you.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »

If you talk about clicking then yes its identical you still click.

As I have said players left for a reason and the last left the game that is in its current form, most of the last season core players have stopped playing for a reason too, why would they live if it would be the same ? They didn't leave for more than a year of last season after all  :)   

GaS

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »

I think that there are enough number of players who left because there was no pvp or no mates online. And i want to ask some mates: do you really think that current AoP so disbalanced that there is no point for game?
Best regards captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »

I think that there are enough number of players who left because there was no pvp or no mates online. And i want to ask some mates: do you really think that current AoP so disbalanced that there is no point for game?

It's not unbalanced at all.

Komrade fails to make one decent point to why PvP is worse.

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 05:04:32 PM »

If you talk about clicking then yes its identical you still click.

As I have said players left for a reason and the last left the game that is in its current form, most of the last season core players have stopped playing for a reason too, why would they live if it would be the same ? They didn't leave for more than a year of last season after all  :)   

Komrade spews the truth

Nice use of colour.

Typical of them am I right  ;)

This is a just quick poll to get an idea of how many people want to fight in PvP combat - considering all the new weapon balancing that has taken place over the last few months.

LOL Weapon balancing? All it simply was that he changed a few numbers and a couple perks on weapons nobody is ever gonna use to PvP and it's "balanaced" ?  ::)

Hell, the numbers were only like 14-20 to 15 -22, SOOOO much balancing they did

As for sneaks, it's still shit. Fire s1man #NoRussiansOnDevTeam

Whats the point of calling players to try and get dissapointed from AoP at its current form.   

^

I'm still waiting for server wipe and suggested changes to #MakeAoPGreatAgain

From what I've seen, server dropped from 160 back to same 20 average in less than 3 weeks and back to ded status due to

• Sneakers 2-3 hitting someone to death (Literally, everyone I know complained about this)
  • Faction Swarms ruining PvP
  • Lack of PvE (bring back assignments)
  • Completely broken & Untested launch
  • Too many Unbalanced Weapons
  • Useless factions & Too many
  • Exploits
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:11:15 PM by IIKM-enotsneknarF »
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »

You haven't played for a while Stalker.....

You clearly don't know anything.

I am still waiting for one point on why the PvP weapons and systems are not balanced.

Just gimme something, please! :c
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:09:20 PM by Count Matthew »

IIKM-enotsneknarF

• Wastelander
  • S.P.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »

You haven't played for a while Stalker.....

You clearly don't know anything.

I am still waiting for one point on why the PvP weapons and systems are not balanced.

Just gimme something, please! :c

Excuse me, but how am I suppose to fight others and test weapons when server is at a constant 0  ::)

If it's so balanced, why isn't AoP thriving, isn't that what people wanted? Oh wait...

Just gimme someone, please! :c
u ain't shiite retaard )0))

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:45 PM »

If it's so balanced, why isn't AoP thriving, isn't that what people wanted? Oh wait...
There was more people playing in the beginning of season 2 when sneak was completely broken, therefore completely broken sneak = more players.

Komrade fails to make one decent point to why PvP is worse.
Why should he?
You should realise that there's no incentive for players to PvP here currently. PvP in itself is not a problem, the motivation is.
I'm not gonna pretend to know what went wrong and it would be nice to hear actual points on what went wrong, instead of "broken sneak".
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 04:09:57 AM »

Let us be honest Count Mathew/Piggy, you are the starter of the topic that the game was best its ever been, that says more than enough for your views on it, the current online basically shows how well accepted the ''best its ever been'' is, 0-4 online state more than I could ever type here. And except the lie your statement is damaging to AoP as a whole, I doubt players will be happy to learn that the current version is ''the best its ever been'' cause it will give a very bad impression to where the current developing of AoP goes 

Did you ask them why they didnt go to pvp when they were online ? Or you just said its best its ever been and closed your ears to that all, blamed them for not coming to PVP ?

This poll says more than just changes to sneaks, just take a look at current poll and spot the biggest difference. 

And complete disregard and ridiculing of the players wishes arent going to get a lot of players either way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:15:49 AM by Komrade »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 05:16:23 AM »

I can see Komrade's point on this and i truly respect his view on this topic. He like myself, Matthew, Tenova and a few others has done alot for bringing numbers to pvp both last season and this season. But whereas I empathize with Komrade's attitude towards the current state of the game, there are still 2 ways we can go about this. 1) We can stop playing or 2) We can log in a couple of times a week and test the current state of the pvp aspect of the game we love, afterall we have been testing for a good few years now and had some good fun in the process.

There doesn't need to be all this flaming and deleting both our forum accounts and sending the game files to the trash.

Lets take this topic back to it's base roots - Piggy has made a poll on who will actually be interested in organised pvp. I for one am very interested in this because I truly believe if we can actually get numbers on the board, we'll have some good fights and people will remember why we played in the first place.

If you read between the lines of STALKERS bullshit, he has some good ideas, that are probably in the process of being fixed as we speak.

Personally I won't ever give up on the game, at least until Cirn0 takes down the server completely (god forbid). Simply becasue I've had too much fun with Ashes of Phoenix and I literally do not have the time nor the patience to play anything else. Minus a couple of disturbed and toxic individuals, the community is great and I like staying in contact with the people i've met.

Finally I urge you, give the game another go. I agree it's frustrating - but even the last few weeks we've had some very fun fights on a smaller scale. The fun is still there to be had, we just need the people to get it back.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

FrankenStone-MKII

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »

haha komrade is on rampage mod, i agree with alot of things and i see we got some good guys here but all this doesnt matter since only the "devs" are in charge or responsible for the server in whole ( i know it sounds stupid and plain to you maybe, but it is what it is ) what i want to say is that u can be the friendliest guy on earth or the biggest dickeater or anything else... it all wont safe the server unless you choose to start improvng and doing work on the last seasons server state... at the moment i dont see much hope since siman said he just does what he wants and the originally "aop" developers are seeming to be way more inactive than ever probably due to reallife or because of loosing interest in it.

if the nonameyet team is ok with using their sdk they just should do it instead of letting the project die in my opinion, so other people could use what is there to host the last season server somewhere in a basement and improve it with a fresh new team.

this question would make way more sense in my opinion than just asking 0 people for organised pvp ( anything you multiply with 0 is ?thebestitseverbeen? )

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:43:56 AM by FrankenStone-MKII »

GaS

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 08:55:38 AM »

Did you ask them why they didnt go to pvp when they were online ? Or you just said its best its ever been and closed your ears to that all, blamed them for not coming to PVP ?
I didnt tell that current AoP is the best its ever been, but i still think thtat its better than other fonline servers. And yes, there is many things which i dont like, but its just game. You can use brain to create good tactics, can use good positions on maps for get benefit. Do u remember how church use covered melee tanks to catch us? It was good tactic. And what tactic do we usualy use? Hold the rooms or rush. I think its reason why we lose many battles and why some players left us. Unbalanced weapons and power of sneak isnt true reason why guys left. Swarming, rage screams and rage quits after losing battles is true reason. Imbalanced weapons and sneak was on 1st session too and what? Guys played. No assignments, poor dungeons and not enough online vs Hounds/Church/Family swarm is thrue reason i think. And that many players dont have will to win.

Caboose made good suggestion about players redistribution for balance but too late. He have to did it when online was around 25. Now online is 0 and its no more actual idea i think. But i hope that i wrong.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »

Nah GaS you are completely mistaken on that part, believe me when I say that players dont leave the game just because they lost a battle or two or 5 for that matter. I played through the whole last season and I can tell you players continued to play the game no matter how outnumbered they were or how many battles they lost. The best examples were Family that had much less and less organized players at the beginning that barely stood a chance against superior paragons vtec numbers/weaponry, the winrate was very low, much worse that I have seen from any faction this season and they still played and still the same players continued to play and improve.

Did the online dropped ? did the players leave ? Nope they continued to play, same thing happened when Family started winning more battles vtecs might have quited for the evening or for a day but they still came and played cause they liked the game.

Another example was last seasons lawyers that at some point had abysmal winrate vs vtecs they hardly won 1 of 10 fights, courier/Stalker will remember those times ;) But point is they still played every day. Also for all the players that had the swarm killed pvp illusion, thats the biggest lie, and I can say that actually swarm is what keeps pvp and in extesion the server alive.

Caboose while I applaud your will to help keep the server alive as we did at some point I see no point in doing that currently for the reason that I didnt see improvements to the state of the game in the last .... months maybe, some things got slightly better other things got slightly worse but it remained still a worse version of AoP that we once played. So there is no point in logging in a few days a week to try a game that didnt change much for months. Still I dont say that I would mind playing vs you again and having fun but surely not at the current servers status.

Calling new players to try the current version of AoP is a disservice to the game that it once was, I personally dont want new players to see the current state that the game is and be dissapointed with it while they never had a chance to play a version that was much more fun.       

GaS

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »

Nah GaS you are completely mistaken on that part, believe me when I say that players dont leave the game just because they lost a battle or two or 5 for that matter. I played through the whole last season and I can tell you players continued to play the game no matter how outnumbered they were or how many battles they lost. The best examples were Family that had much less and less organized players at the beginning that barely stood a chance against superior paragons vtec numbers/weaponry, the winrate was very low, much worse that I have seen from any faction this season and they still played and still the same players continued to play and improve.

Did the online dropped ? did the players leave ? Nope they continued to play, same thing happened when Family started winning more battles vtecs might have quited for the evening or for a day but they still came and played cause they liked the game.   

Well, i started play AoP in BBs on 1st session when there was 160 online, but i played no often and miss the moment when many players left. I dont know why it happened. But i continued play and saw how players leave one by one because they was bored from these daily circle: same assignments, same poor dungeons, get swarmed by Tecs (before alliance with Family). And in result we had only 4 continuously BBs players: Tenova, Imakandi, VaultBoy and me. And no one told that sneak is overpower or weapons is imbalanced when waki did 200+dmg ;D I remember all of it and cant understand why same players who didnt left AoP on 1st session give up and go away now.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »

Interesting discussion, in all honesty for me I stopped playing at the fonline reloaded wipe, and got all of my fallout nostalgia quotas filled from that, by the time I was bored with that AOP had changed so much it was a different game in many ways, and the player count had diminished substantially, which in itself is a self propelled problem, as players that see low player counts in a PvP oriented game get an instant turned off feeling, and won't log on to get that player count back up.

It may sound silly, and by this stage in fallout onlines history is just cliche, but a wipe (even a shallow one, announced and hyped properly enough), might just jumpstart some action.

I would vote for some changes, though, as everyone's version of the game seems to be ever so slightly different, I am not sure how much use it is really.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:39:27 PM by mAdman »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip