Author Topic: Orientation  (Read 4140 times)

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
Orientation
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »

So, I've checked out the game for the last 2 days a bit and did some first recon runs into the city and noticed that it's quite hard to find out where you exactly are. Sure, there is the automap, filled with beautiful descriptions and all, but
when opening the map you get no indication whatsoever in which zone you actually ARE.

I know, sooner or later a player will of course recognize the area by himself, but right now as a new player many maps seem so similar.

2 ideas here:
Either make the zone you are in get highlighted in some way in the automap,
or add a short message in the chatbox, something like "Entered zone xy: Adams School".

Poker-Jack

• Wastelander
  • LAWYER
    • View Profile
Re: Orientation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »

So, I've checked out the game for the last 2 days a bit and did some first recon runs into the city and noticed that it's quite hard to find out where you exactly are. Sure, there is the automap, filled with beautiful descriptions and all, but
when opening the map you get no indication whatsoever in which zone you actually ARE.

I know, sooner or later a player will of course recognize the area by himself, but right now as a new player many maps seem so similar.

2 ideas here:
Either make the zone you are in get highlighted in some way in the automap,
or add a short message in the chatbox, something like "Entered zone xy: Adams School".

You are able to mark your map with a red X by right clicking on the map.

Use this to keep track of your position, or learn the area.
I'm rude and foul-mouthed...

But I'm generous and I make fucking sense.
-MadManJack
-PokerJack

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »

We plan to add some street panels and such to help you orientate, but you will never have a simple marker of your position, as we actually WANT you to be able to lose your way in the city. The fact that it's even possible is a sort of achievement for me too, tbh, that proves it's big enough.

The cross feature will be improved.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »

we actually WANT you to be able to lose your way in the city. The fact that it's even possible is a sort of achievement for me too, tbh, that proves it's big enough.

Lolz :P

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 04:35:33 AM »

You are able to mark your map with a red X by right clicking on the map.

Use this to keep track of your position, or learn the area.

Good to know, thx.

We plan to add some street panels and such to help you orientate, but you will never have a simple marker of your position, as we actually WANT you to be able to lose your way in the city. The fact that it's even possible is a sort of achievement for me too, tbh, that proves it's big enough.

Understood.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip