Author Topic: ABOUT FIRST AID AND DOCTOR  (Read 4237 times)

Einstein

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
ABOUT FIRST AID AND DOCTOR
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »

Hello everyone!

I've been thinking about First Aid and Doctor skills.
I think it would be interesting to develop these skills is similar to the system scientist and eng. That is, as best to cure using the first aid or doctor.
I also think it would be interesting that the speed with which grows that ability depended on the character's INT with maximum skill limitations. as sg. And so we have idiots (characters) with low int healing as skilled surgeons.
Thus the characters concentrates on healing would really important in battle, as only they could heal effectively.

As always:
Long live the developers and contributors to this great game !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stem Sunders

Re: ABOUT FIRST AID AND DOCTOR
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:08:21 AM »

I get it, I think.

Do you mean the more FA/doc is used the higher your skill goes? (Like crafting and bartering increases engineering and persuasion respectively?)

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »

Yep I think he meant FA/doc skills increasing like science/engi/etc. Well if you start like that, it should be the same for weapon skills. It is good as it is now, combat skills are improved by putting points.

About limitations depending on your int, I didnt quite get it either, if you mean high int = high max skill, everybody will have 10 int (while we currently have 95% char with 10 int..  :P)

Healer chars are already important in battles imo :)

Stem Sunders

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »

Agreed with Anza.
Healers already have their place on the field, and can be used to great effect.

Also if FA/Doc were to increase by using them, what is to stop me and my buddies sitting in platoon base (Or even just less populated areas like the sewers) and taking pot shots at each other then using FA to boost our skills.

Wouldn't it make FA/Doc more of a secondary skill rather than a specialty?

I still may not understand.

Einstein

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »

Yes guys, u understand the idea! Sorry for the english, but i must use the google traductor to write long texts here.

Im sure healers already have his place on the battles. But i trying to make suggestion that convert them in a more... uh... ¿specialzied/unique/importants? characters.

I think we can stop the heal drugs abuse puting a limit of time between each stimpack, for example (like 30 secs or something).

About the idea of increase all skills with the use of the items (sg, bg, and others), i think is not bad at all!, really that will be a nice improvement imo. And yes, i think the SPECIAL values must determine the max skill limit, that would be great too.

Think those changes could lead the character development to a new level, more personalized, more dependient of the players actions  8).

But all is discussion, the real words are for the devs. They have the power in the core  :P :P :P

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

Well, skill points matter already I would say, since it's a stretch to get max weapon skill and FA/DOC.

The change to progressive skill gain versus skillpoints/lvl isn't really better character development than a grind towards the same result. It has its charm but for AoP, a pvp centric themed game, I think it's better to promote competitiveness through skill instead of time.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Einstein

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »

Well, that make sense. But i didnt see too much benefit if want make a specialized FA or DOC  char. (One good thing could be the need of have the max doc to use importants items).

But as i say before, all this is present as a suggestion, i dont see the global direction of the game, and only bring those ideas by pure love to the game.
I think u are doing really good, guys.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip