Author Topic: Quality of items still degrades...  (Read 3575 times)

Hawk

Quality of items still degrades...
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:11:34 AM »

I tried to repair 96% Pancor, Perfect quality. I got 200% Engineer on my crafting char, 192% Science and 3x-Mr.Fixit perk and somehow this Pancor has become Outstanding,it's degraded... And as I know, the % of needed repair= the chance that item will loose quality, after check roll of science and engineer skill? Or am I wrong? Even without check roll of science and Engeneer, how could so frequently happen that items degrading quality with such poor 4% chance?.... Almost everytime when I try to repair 90%+ items, in Perfect condition, it becomes Outstanding... Any ideas? And yesterday I tried to use Repair Kit on Garbage quality item to rise it up, it consumed the RK but quality was still Garbage, is it a bug or Garbage items impossible to rise quality at all?

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of items still degrades...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:57 AM »

And as I know, the % of needed repair= the chance that item will loose quality
I doubt it, basicaly higher engineering skill makes you repair more % with 1 try, and also degrading becomes more rare.
Your statement seems to be contradictionary.
Almost everytime when I try to repair 90%+ items, in Perfect condition, it becomes Outstanding
with such high skills you should never ever repair item with more than 85% condition, its just dumb.

And yesterday I tried to use Repair Kit on Garbage quality item to rise it up, it consumed the RK but quality was still Garbage, is it a bug or Garbage items impossible to rise quality at all?
There is ten levels of item quality:
10. Garbage
9. Garbage
8 Garbage
7. Very bad
6. Bad
5. Normal
4. Better
3. Cool
2. Outstanding
1. Perfect

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines