Author Topic: Zone contesting  (Read 4697 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Zone contesting
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:56:25 AM »

I want to see some changes to a  zone being contested. Right now you can have 1 guy stop the cap of 10 guys which is very annoying.

So I'm suggesting in order to make a zone contested, the team contesting the zone must have 3 less guys, equal, or more than the team taking the zone.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Zone contesting
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:47:34 AM »

I agree that the 1 man thing can be annoying. Also as 1 man if you go in an out of stealth, you can't contest a zone properly as is, with the timer turning on and off when you stealth.

So I was thinking, to contest a zone being taken, that an opposing faction has to first deal damage to the faction taking the zone, once a player deals damage to a faction taking the zone (not their own obviously) the zone becomes contested until those players leave or die. If you never deal damage to the team taking the zone, then it never gets contested. Also if you reenter stealth after dealing damage, you still count as contesting the zone (until you leave the zone or die as per normal).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:01:58 AM by mAdman »

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:46:39 AM »

Im pretty sure devs made zone control like this to accommodate low player base right now but at release it was supposed to be 6 players minimum in a team to start zone control and contest.

That's why 1 player can stop cap because fights are supposed to be small scale (less than 6 players in a team) with current player base.

ps : I don't think you should care about zones in the current season.

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »

Im pretty sure devs made zone control like this to accommodate low player base right now but at release it was supposed to be 6 players minimum in a team to start zone control and contest.

That's why 1 player can stop cap because fights are supposed to be small scale (less than 6 players in a team) with current player base.

Also 1 person can be sent to contest the zone as a way of telling the attacking group that they intend to defend, instead of everyone leaving core to have to re-enter at a new zone, which we all know adds at least 10 minutes to an already painstakingly long wait.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »

And why shouldn't I care about zones? Just because AoP has a low player base atm doesn't mean we shouldn't care. I know how it was before when each faction had swarms. Lol, "fights are suppose to be 6 players in a team" if lawyers go with 6 people to take a zone, Vtec will take everyone they have on and wait for more just to defeat these 6 .

@Caboose - The whole point of this suggestion is to prevent that one Guy from coming and contesting the zone and make the entire team come in at once. Also you guys literally wait till the last minute to contest a zone with your team

FrankenStone

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:37:49 AM »

best thing is that a bluesuit can contest a whole swarm ... it needs sme rework for sure .

i would also love to see some achievements in pvp , maybe when u gain some score marks u get some caps boost , something like 1k 2 k 3k 4k 5k ... and so on marks .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:41:44 AM by FrankenStone »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »

best thing is that a bluesuit can contest a whole swarm ... it needs sme rework for sure .

i would also love to see some achievements in pvp , maybe when u gain some score marks u get some caps boost , something like 1k 2 k 3k 4k 5k ... and so on marks .
Yeah! achievements for getting high score would be awesome.

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:50:05 PM »

i have idea and i ll try to explain.

1.Each faction member has 1 "toll credit", this credit is moved from zone to zone with him, latest 6 zone tresspasings are converted to "active credits". Only these 6 "active credits" determines which and at what speed zone is being taken , same as always, except fact its limited to 6 for whole core.

2.If faction travels thru the hostile territory, only the latest  6 tresspasings are recorded, so if you send scout to check adjacent zone for enemies, you ll temporary loose 1 credit from your zone and put it to scouted zone. If scout dies, his "active credit" is given to 7th "toll credit" in order, unless there is not any other gangmate in core, so his "active credit" remains unused.

3.If you enter zone which is being taken by enemies. You put one of your credits into it, reducing their timer speed by 1. If equal numbers of "active credits" from both factions are present in 1 zone, timer is suspended. Timer can be launched again only less than 6 members and inequal number is present in zone. So basicaly dieing or leaving, but just below of 6 players in zone.

Hope its clear, but there is more shady situations which may happens.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:54:22 PM by greenthumb »

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 05:25:10 AM »

Maybe it should be like DOTA where it says - double kill etc.

Or if you kill someone on the high scoring boards, you get more caps etc.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip