Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sewer Rats : PVP & other stuff  (Read 14988 times)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
Sewer Rats : PVP & other stuff
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »

After a few weeks of gathering, the sewer rats crew managed to overcome many obstacles.

Beating the two dungeons, acquiring a lot of level, being well geared, beating almost all kind of npc, etc... We got pretty effective and succeeded in all PVE challenges we could think off.

A few of us became very interested in PVP, wishing to attack other players when they saw timers.
Some actually attacked some people in ZC, which brought a sense on uncertainty from faction players not knowing if they should trust us or not. There is already one faction who declared war on us.

I know why i and a few others joined the factionless and made a sewer rats squad.
Not only play with the constraints of not having a base, but also ignore ZC altogether.

Anyway, there is no reason the goal of a few should rule over the whole goup. That's why i think we should all express our view on this, and try to enforce it.

On one hand, if we all start to attack faction players, we will make ourselves a lot of enemies, and will have hard time to get support from faction players. (also, those enemies might also attack sewer rats in other timezone, or those outside squad) On the other hand, we overcame all the PVE challenge we could face, so we have to move on in another direction.

First, about PVP, there are different options :
- No PVP at all: We see a faction player, we talk or run, but don't engage.
- Only defense: We see a faction player, we try to team up with them, or talk, but we shoot back if they attack.
- No rules: If some sewers rats want to attack, we let them. If other don't want to attack, we let them run, heal, or even defend the faction players that was attacked. No one would blame any for his actions.
- Mercenaries: We don't hunt faction players we see, but we could provide support to a faction that do ZC. We defend them and attack their enemies during that ZC, but we ignore both groups after the battle.
- We hunt for blood: Every time we see a faction player, we shoot them. No diplomacy, no RP, no peacefullness, no depth.
- We have a global diplomacy: If faction X attack us, we will alway attack players from that faction, no matter if the players aren't those who attacked first. (for instance, if Ramon attack us today, we will also attack Teela tomorow. Same faction, same fate)
- We engage enemies only according to our RP: IMO, it could be an interesting option. Sure, we will need to agree on which kind of RP, but it would bring more depth to the project. After all, most players that joined factionless wanted a different experience. Having new set of values would help to enhance the experience and maybe give some ideas to others. (all of this was started in the RP section after all)

For instance, we could ask players to provide us something or act a certain way if they don't want to be shot. They could just holster their weapons, give us their weapons, give us money, randoms items. Or we could decide to be collectors of some items, and only spare those willing to give us those. We could be anti-drugs and confiscate all drugs. We could react to how they are dressed. But this behavior wouldn't come out of the blue. We would have to create an RP that justify those actions.

Of course, if most sewer rats want to avoid any rules/principles/self-imposed behavior, it is up to us to decide, but i think we are at a turning point in which we should decide our future, before it is imposed upon us by the actions of a few.

Also, we should probably also decide about when to meet.
We started the thing with scheduled meeting in which our number kept increasing.
As soon as we started to stop scheduling the meetings, our number decreased a lot, including the loss of some of our founding members.
Do you think we should keep scheduling the meetings again ? Which are the times in the week that fit you the most ?

Of course, regardless what we decide, they will always be some wild card doing other stuff, but at least we would have a common voice for the main group.

This thread is mainly for current sewer rats and how they want their project to evolve. But it is also open to players that aren't currently sewer rats, but that are interested in the project and might want to join us in the future. If you aren't interested at all, don't bother.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:14:05 PM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sewer Rats : PVP & other stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:28:44 AM »

i kill all except people i know and have good relations whit them and i try not to kill low lvl fucks (i put them to - hp and if they low lvl i fa them)
This me:
- We hunt for blood: Every time we see a faction player, we shoot them. No diplomacy, no RP, no peacefullness, no depth.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 04:22:43 AM »

It might be obvious from my previous posts, but i am in favor of linking rules of engagement with an RP. It would increase the difference between sewer rats and our previous gameplay within factions.

Although, it really depend on the number of sewer rats interested.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Professor Lemur

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 05:32:27 AM »

Eh. I always thought that playing as a factionless in my own experience meant I didn't have the luxury of pking even if I wanted to. Basically means I'm a target for the faction player.
Naturally I'd rather not PK unless I have support and it's Vtec.
I'm half tempted to set an alt up but I'd still have to put up with godawful lag lol.

I say that the factionless provide services to the highest bidder. Factionless gets equipment, and the faction will have assistance in ZC matters.
Ask on how my ComLang can benefit you today!

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 05:46:58 AM »

i think factionless = i dont have boss i do whatewer i want

Stem Sunders

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »

*WARNING WALL OF TEXT, MAY CAUSE DIFFERING OPINIONS*

So I have been reluctantly inactive recently, cuz ya know rl sucks.

When I have had some time to play I have been playing with a factionless character.
Mostly because whenever I log in, the faction is literally empty.
So rather than go to ZC alone and get minced by outnumbering enemies I decided to kick it as a loner for the sake of fun.

I didn't really want to actively play as V-Tecs or Lawyers and BBoys were/are in the same situation as Family.

Here are the restrictions I placed on myself.

-Talk first, fire later.

This worked out on every occasion apart from two.
 Only hostility came from individuals it is to be expected from.

-Dont step on the toes of warring factions.

This is loose, where possible staying away from zones in a contested state

-Restricted use of faction HQ's.

Can enter for possible trade (With other players only) (Must have met player in the core and taken there by that player)

May enter once alone to obtain "Awareness".

-Absolutely no gear giving. (NO CHARITY)
 Will not take gear from any player (Other than another factionless) Without paying for it in found caps or other goods.

-Dont interfere.
Like not stepping on the toes of warring factions.
If I see two guys going at each other I will not interfere unless any of the present parties become hostile.

-Stay hidden.
Just because I wanted to play outside the recommended factions, doesn't mean everyone will like that. The core is dangerous and so it should be, don't take the bad hits so personal
So Stay hidden where possible, the less my presence is felt the better.
Its fitting for such a character too.

-Lead no one, do not be lead.
Easy, I'm not the boss of you and you're not the boss of me.
Each "rat" as a freeman, does what he/she wants too. (Including leaving your suicidal crazy ass)

-Only fight when all other options are gone. (And give it your all)
If they won't talk and I can't get away, then at least go down in a fight.

-Take only what you need.
After spending so much time in the core, I found armor and weapons to be sufficiently abundant. Abundant enough to make grab stashes all around the core...

-1 armor
-1 gun with ammo
-8 food items
-Some stimms

This is easily enough to find your next meal. I found a lot of cases after dying, its easier to either run to a stash. Or loot fresh gear, rather than go back to the spot you died in.

So as you can probably see, its been mostly PVE for me personally.
I hit lvl 14 the last time I played and the grinding of critters and finding of supplies has been enough fun to sustain me. On top of that the interactions with other players has been especially enjoyable. I have met at least 1 player from each faction who were much fun to play with.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

All that being said, I didn't expect anymore than 3-4 players with white hats running around.
I thought it would be cool to have a little squad of survivors running around the core and interacting with other players. And yes it was, good fun.

But where did I read there were 10 active white hats at a single time? I know a couple of you genuinely got bored of factions and the state of PVP and thats why you went rouge.
But for me it was just a matter of being alone all the time and have 0% interaction that wasn't outnumbering hostile players blasting my ass because of my colors and name.

I love the PVP, but thats not why I'm spending the few hours I get at a week on a factionless char.

I wanted to see if there was any room for a small neutral force (Possibly trader and couriers) But if its 10 players running around sharing a color and a reputation, then we are essentially a faction without the benefits.

Its not meant to be supported, it should not be supported
Dont give us workbenches and dont give us rooms. unless it is to become something permanent and official.

With 3-4 guys (Nao and myself included) I found it to be awesome fun and very engaging. Without it I would have probably logged in, looked at Family squad list and logged back out again.

However, when we are organising if were going to PvP or not. We might aswell just rally under BBoys or Family colors and PvP the old fashioned way.

I should probably mention, I tried Lawyers and V-Tecs before making the decision to go temporarily factionless, and was shunned by a some individuals because my name was new.
The players that shunned or just straight up ignored the new name bluesuites were the exact same players to kill me under a different white name (unprovoked, still in a bluesuite.)
Even being told that if I ever belonged to a different faction that I'm not welcome to ZC with them...And that is what finally swayed my decision to play as a rat.

Now I want to go play as my original but I still see no one online. (Zones are taken though :s so I know someone is active) I never intended to permanently play as a white hat. I didn't think you guys did either.

Anyway i'm rambling, this is all opinion and some of it probably conjecture. (and possibly incoherent)
I do not speak for anyone else sporting a white name and they do not represent me or my actions while playing the game.

Play however the hell you want.

LONG LIVE PHOENIX.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:19:22 PM by Stem Sunders »

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 04:48:49 AM »

looks great, where do i sign up?

Professor Lemur

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »

All you need to do is leave your faction. Be sure you have everything you need though. And also ask Naos and/or Marxman for more details.
Ask on how my ComLang can benefit you today!

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »

Bullet pointing Stem's wall

- I mostly agree with your bullets points and my sewer rat character is mostly pacifist, for now.
But the thing is, we did the most we could do on the PVE areas. From now on, if we want to keep being entertained, we have to move forward another direction. It could be some form of PVP, trading, roleplay, or a mix of all, but we have to do more that what we already did, if we want the group to keep being entertaining. Anyway, i will keep staying neutral as long as we didn't decide on anything. I don't want the sewer rats reputation decrease before we even tried something with other players.

- Take Only what you need
I am mostly taking the most i can take, with an armor, few selection of guns i need, and all the food/ammo/stimpack i can carry when stuffed. I usually have to eat if i want to run, but i never go out of food, so i am Okay. But i prefer that, than run out of ammo/healing in the middle of a fight agains't any kind of critters. The ammos decrease pretty fast and the weapons get broken pretty fast too, if you engage every npc you see.

- I don't think we were ever 10 at the same time, but our squad had 8 registered members at our peak (not everyone logged at the same time, but we were 6 in some operations), and there are few guys like Marxman that aren't in the squad, because of different timezone and stuff. Still, they are technical factionless and sewer rats at heart.

- Agree on the support. I would like stuff like factionless's faction chat, to communicate with non-squad members, but it is not needed. About working workbenches and traders npc in the core, i wouldn't mind those, but IMO, those features would benefit to everyone, not just us. They don't have to be implemented with us in mind. (anyway, we would be screwed without blueprints)

- I playing much less with lawyers these days, but i recall that we were pretty open toward newcomers, and alt from others factions, when our crew was smaller. Always better to maintain communication with everyone, that stay paranoid in its bat cave.

- Personnally, i would like that factionless thing to continue, expand and evolve into a more ambitious project. I wanted that since the beginning. But on the other hand, i didn't expected that this thing would actually exist. I though we would be 2-3 guys to try that a few days and leave it. So i made it as simple as possible. But if we get to continue, i would love add things, little by little, provided other rats are willing to try (and suggest stuff). It would be pointless to be too ambitious if we don't last or aren't enough, but if it last and we are enough, it always good to have new ideas in our bags. But, for all of this, it is only if all or most rats want it to. No point of trying to enforce things that aren't wanted.

- About scheduled meeting, i think we should keep doing it, as long as our number is quite low. We could do it all mondays and thirsday at 8pm GMT for bigger meetings, but being aware that if people might to come other days/hours they might also meet other rats... And everyone can add new meeting if there are other people willing to come. I might or might not play too during week-ends, but week-ends are usually peaks for PVP. Those interested in PVP might just join their fellow faction during these days, to enjoy it fully.

All you need to do is leave your faction. Be sure you have everything you need though. And also ask Naos and/or Marxman for more details.

I would say Stem, Wire or myself for european time, and Marxman for US time, although it would me nice that our groups merge or at least meet at some point.

About leaving your faction, sure, you can do that, but you will miss out all the fun of leveling in the core. I would rather suggest you making a whole new character that would never set a foot in a base, except maybe for awareness.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:12:13 PM by naossano »

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »

Please stop calling all factionless Sewer Rats, I don't like the name. I'm just factionless, nothing more.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:41:42 PM by Wire »
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

Please stop calling all factionless Sewer Rats, I don't like the name. I'm just factionless, nothing more.

You're a Rat mate, live with it. If the cap fits, wear it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:30:18 AM by Caboose »
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »

Sewer rate is in reference of the thread made by Poker-Jack that promoted the idea of a group of factionless players acting together toward a common goal or common activities.

I prefer talking about sewer rats than factionless, as in my opinion, sewer rats is our group, what we make of it, while factionless is just our white color. Everyone can have factionless characters, but not everyone might be interested in doing stuff together. Some might just be, for instance, "technical factionless", while they are moving from a faction to another. (amonst other exemple)

I am not fond of using "factionless" for the group, "sewer rats" is just a placeholder. We might change that name if the group keep existing and evolve toward a proper identity.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:14:57 PM by naossano »

paragon

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 02:40:13 PM »

Actually, I'll start doing it just to make the count even after your words about v-tec (:

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »

You can check the few post of Wire and try to find things to quote about the V-TEC.

Anyway, instead of making a word competition, you should try to take a break and think of what people said to you and how to improve your behavior or, make actual counter-argument if you think they are wrong. You have failed to convince anyone so far...

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »

I am not fond of using "factionless" for the group, "sewer rats" is just a placeholder. We might change that name if the group keep existing and evolve toward a proper identity.
I know what Rats are and what they refer to. I am helping you guys and you help me but I don't want to be taken as a member.

Spoiler for paragon:
Actually, I'll start doing it just to make the count even after your words about v-tec (:
If by words you mean bullets, then you're welcome to indulge yourself. Otherwise, I've been respectful to teks as enemy.
Perhaps you take me for some other player?
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

paragon

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »

I thought about it, nao. People are continuing telling me: don't give up.
So I want to be clear on this, I'll continue doing exactly the same, at least just to piss you off (:

Wire, nothing personal. I welcome you as an opponent.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:34:19 PM by paragon »

Stem Sunders

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »

""I do not speak for anyone else sporting a white name and they do not represent me or my actions while playing the game.""

@nao

Please use "We and "Us" less and try to replace it with "I" and "Me" maybe?
Or try to mention directly who it is you're referring too?

I'm with wire, when we got together we were a group of cooperating factionless loners, not
"The sewer rats"
My factionless character was A sewer rat, literally by name...
I always imagined "sewer rat" as derogatory.

"Dirty sewer rats" = Factionless who takes shelter in the sewers
...Like I did in between trips through the core.
as suggested by the original thread.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:19:07 PM by Stem Sunders »

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »

So I want to be clear on this, I'll continue doing exactly the same, at least just to piss you off (:

Oh that butthurt, still sore from the last time that nao did you ?
Also stop competing with caboose about biggest vtard, its embarrassing really. 

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 04:16:52 PM »

Oh that butthurt, still sore from the last time that nao did you ?
Also stop competing with caboose about biggest vtard, its embarrassing really.

Love you Komrade.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 04:21:53 PM »

I didn't mean the name of the character, but the idea of group intended by the initial thread.

But in any case, i separate myself and what what i prefer and the group of people playing in squad with the experiment in mind. I just used that name as placeholder to separate with the white color that doesn't mean much, as many could have the color, but not the intend of playing together. The name could be changed into anything or even removed if it doesn't mean a thing for us, or if us is less emphasised than what i thought.

Is there any example you preferred i would have used "I"/"me"?

Anyway, all of that need to be worded so we know where we stand.
Band of wild card is fine too if it what's most people want.
It would make things easier for diplomacy with no proper banner.
In any case, it is why i emphasis on the idea of slowy adding stuff if people want it. We never know if there will be more/less people, if it will last or not. But the routine could be an issue too, if we stay too long on the PVE stuff.

Not matter what, i will still enjoy playing with you.
Hoping you will come back soon.

Are you cool about Monday/Thursday scheduled meeting ?

If i sum up things already said, it seems that the wild card wins, although not much for hunting for blood, at least not player's blood. We have faction characters characters for that. Although those who hunt for blood still fit with the wild card label.
Anyone want to add something ?

Paragon >
So you decided to drop the pretense and show you real face. It will save me some breath in the future, although i though you would be less hopeless.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:30:35 PM by naossano »
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip