Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi, New Here  (Read 13030 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Hi, New Here
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »

Can't we close vtec recruitment for a month or so!??
This needs to fucken happen, open your eyes devs!!! even shangalar said somewhere if a faction becomes over populated, they'll stop it from accepting new members

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:50 PM »

vote
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »

Probably do some backwards unique slowflake attempt to make factions balanced before conceding to locking factions.

Unfortunately EvE Online doesn't have anything related to this issue I can draw from.

I do think throwing new players into a faction selection isn't the greatest thing, especially since this choice being a prime factor towards your experience.

Well, as Ive pointed out on irc already, EVE actually does offer a solution to this. And its all player driven.
Ideology/values, power, amount of promised support and training are usually stated by each corp there.

Now as to why teks are so popular, one of the reason might be the promise of technologies, being misleading to players, not to mention player barerly gets any introduction at all (custom faction descriptions, eh, eeeh?) to factions and what they are actually represent.
Well, theres also twat being helpful to newcomers.. but anyhow!

I think perhaps it is best for players to start off as factionless, allow for tents to be setup in the wasteland World Map. These tents will remain hidden until a outpost is built nearby in which then the tent becomes visible to that faction.

As much as I'm hardcore factionless and glad to hear that this option ain't going anywhere (And would love to have somekind of container to manage my items, like say, BACKPACK, instead of making my stashes on ground with half broken ctrl+g), I'm kind of worried to hear about WM.
And here's why.
I mean, you guys have the whole core with things going on in there, why would you now bring effort into carrying gameplay from core to wm? Doesn't make much sense.
If core was bigger (and I heard it will be), all this can be in the city.
The outposts on faction controlled zones.
The assigments being in the city too, say, in neutral buffer zones (not possible to zc) with ruins similar to lawyers gate/junk heap maps.
Discoverable npc stashes, I wount't go into detail Lidae knows more at this point, probably.
Now as for tents... I'm personally not sure if giving a "room" to factionless is a good idea, however, I don't expect others to play like me! Instead of tent, replace it with some "sewer room", which can be found when outpost is founded and uh.. route map to the hideout is found? And to reach it, you go down to sewers and use one of N "entrance" doors, something similar to faction rooms.

Anyhow, my maint point, you guys have core, build on it!
This is more of wishful thinking rather than a decent suggestion, but perhaps it'll still be of some use.

ps This really is not a place for this post but w/e
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:01:24 PM by Wire »
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

LagMaster

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 04:04:23 AM »

Or just make the other factions more apealing
most internet ppl have the fuck the police atitude, so jjjla is a no go
also why should i join a faction where any misstake can get me lose a pinky?
also who the hell wants to be a farmer in the wasteland. I want to be an adventurer
i joined vtek solely cuz i hated the others. Also having a safe place to stay in, like v7 and having smart people near that can work with teck is preety handy

Imo best course is tO make factions not so black and white

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 06:45:24 AM »

Or just make the other factions more apealing
most internet ppl have the fuck the police atitude, so jjjla is a no go
also why should i join a faction where any misstake can get me lose a pinky?
also who the hell wants to be a farmer in the wasteland. I want to be an adventurer
i joined vtek solely cuz i hated the others. Also having a safe place to stay in, like v7 and having smart people near that can work with teck is preety handy

Imo best course is tO make factions not so black and white

Lawyers had the biggest playerbase in the beginning. Should have seen their swarms at the time.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 07:54:48 AM »

Lawyers had the biggest playerbase in the beginning. Should have seen their swarms at the time.
To be fair, BBS and TTTLA or whatever other older FOnline faction that went up there made up 80% of the players.

Wire

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »

jjjla is a no go
They have the Judge Dredd vibe as is. Just needs to be reinforced and there you go.
(=<`#9]~6ZY32Vx/4Rs+0No-&Jk)"Fh}|Bcy?`=*z]Kw%oG4UUS0/@-ejc(:'8dc
irc: V_guessWho

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 05:34:30 AM »

Nice to see you around Lagmaster. It reminds me the dear old WWP.

About the lawyer, it isn't much the police, but the Wasteland kind of self-appointed law enforcers full of dogma, codex and other certainty that make them a bit more layered. If you talk to the npc, see floating text, do assignement, you will see that some of their laws might not be benefical to the whole Wasteland. It is not black & white, which is (theorically) great for RP. The problem is that not many players are into RP and there not much features to support it in the core.

PS: Lawyers had the second biggest playerbase at the beginning, but we weren't much behind the V-TEC. They had 10-15 more players, but we were 30-50 so it didn't mattered much for us. On the other hand, it was pretty harsh for BBoys/Family. Ultimately, many lawyers joined the family for balance sake.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:39:01 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

LagMaster

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »

left Vteks, joined the Family
Must say the atmosphere is better here. And the structure of the base is better.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »

Lawyers have slaves, and talk about justice ..  ;D

FrankenStone

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »

left Vteks, joined the Family
Must say the atmosphere is better here. And the structure of the base is better.

im glad u like it and yeah i think family got best base when it comes down to compact stuff
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip