Author Topic: Bored  (Read 28821 times)

Hang-Lip

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Wastelander
  • Got a smoke?
    • View Profile
Re: Bored
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 12:17:38 AM »

Hopefully some of these maps and dungeons will be dynamic each time you enter, (never the same) just like random encounter maps.

I'm pretty sure Random enc maps aren't dynamic. Don't think there's ever been a dynamic map generator for in-game use.The only dynamic thing about them is that you wont always enc the same critters/NPC's.

When you say dynamic, i think of different wall/scenery layouts.

When whatever quests/content will be added, i think it will be really well done myself.

AKA Ox-Skull.
Hang-Lip graffiti by Stem Sunders.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 12:23:26 AM »

Hopefully some of these maps and dungeons will be dynamic each time you enter, (never the same) just like random encounter maps.

I'm pretty sure Random enc maps aren't dynamic. Don't think there's ever been a dynamic map generator for in-game use.The only dynamic thing about them is that you wont always enc the same critters/NPC's.

When whatever quests/content will be added, i think it will be really well done myself.

I think we can get some procedural generated content, but it will either be pre-created and then taken from a huge list or when we have destructible / build-able walls to do it truly dynamically. Both which I have interest in doing but we're talking beyond future here.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 12:37:13 AM »

Two years m8, if not now, when?

When? Well I'd say not when it's only 1/10 completed...  ;D

But anyways, yeah it's definitely a good start of a server. If it's just a teaser of what is yet to come, then I'm still uber hyped.

I guess "dynamic" isn't the terminology I should have used.

I think we can get some procedural generated content, but it will either be pre-created and then taken from a huge list....

This is pretty much what I mean. It would bring a subtle mystique to dungeons/maps, never knowing what is where, and where is right (word.)
This way, you won't get bored of the SAAAMMMEE old map over and over.
Things just got worse.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 01:08:18 AM »

Certainly beats mining for components to craft for XP, or shoveling shit, or moving crates.

I think the grass might seem greener from over here, but all fonlines have a level of repetition in design, it is kind of unavoidable here.

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »

if you even payed attention to the home page, you'd realize that this game isn't nearly done

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 02:45:42 AM »

The problem I currently see is:
Devs need to create instruments which will help with satisfying demands of players (i. e. Creating a mechanism of destructible scenery or re-roll mechanic).
This surely takes a lot of time and patience (and skills), while also you have to keep players occupied.
How the heck are you supposed to do this ^^.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »

Quote from: cirn0
More devs pls.

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 05:03:49 AM »

I think you guys rock and even though the game is far from finished, ive been playing like a maniac, and i still love it xD

Why? Because i friggin' love this fallout online. Thats why :p tested the other servers, this one although more recemt has way more content

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 05:20:06 AM »

Yea I don't know what people are on about. I already spent way more time in this game than in most of AAA games. I'm still having loads of fun and there's no end to be seen. Compared to other FOnline iterations this one is the best I played so far.

Noob Karl

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »

I have grown a little bored but I still play, it would be nice to have more PVE quests, raid enclave bases etc, random encounters and possibly a few towns that have quests?

Bring back lockpick possibly steal also, would be nice to have areas with locked containers or safes where you need a very high lockpick skill containing special loot, obviously these areas would be dangerous because other players fighting for the containers loot.

Someone else said remove crafting of weapons and armor and only allow repair of them., this is a great idea, all weapons should be found on corpses or looted in core etc would make good weapons/armors more rare and they just need repair when necessary :-)

I have no idea how hard/easy it would to be to implement these changes as I have no experience in coding srry but am happy to share my ideas and experiences :-(

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 06:52:14 AM »

Removing crafting and making weapons\armour find-only is not though out properly.
Since people, who will be the first ones to get those weapons, won't let anyone else get them, imagine how fun is that. Here is a hint: it's not.

Lockpick\steal was removed because devs wanted to remove the "need" of creating multiple characters. If those two shall be brought back, everyone will have to lvl an independant lockpick character, which is obnoxious to even think of.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »

I can see why stealing/pickpocket isn't needed, as you would be stealing from your own faction 95% of the time.

But lockpicking could be managed by making it a PvE skill, that scales with usage (and increased by post 24 perks), which I think I read somewhere was a plan that didn't go through.

More interesting ways to make caps, especially ways that involve pvp would help spice things up, same with XP. Possibly "jobs" that are specifically for money, but that you make a bit of XP doing too, and things specifically for XP that you make a little caps or loot doing too, instead of tasks that do both.

But mostly just new items and things for us to explore/mess around with go a long way, the plasma cannon for example was a nice "new" addition, things like that really help.

But this can't be expected immediately and to be honest I am surprised and impressed by the speed of continued development by the team, magnified further by the fact that none of them are getting directly paid for working on this, as many developers are.

It's really amazing for them to even be doing this in the first place, and they have endless praise from me for their creative efforts in this regard.

I only wish i had spent time modding this game in the past so I could help them continue development.

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »

I really like the new mechanics in AoP, with AP regen while running + weapon deployment + leadership system especially.

Allso Cirn0 is a good guy, and the other devs too.

What i dont like is the faction system, because it is limiting PvP on the server. This is why im bored ... lack of quality PvP.

ZC is fun sometimes, but usally its a matter of swarming the enemies or getting swarmed.
In small PvP its the same ... going in as a 5 man group we usually just gank loners or we flee from 15-man groups. Only on rare occasions do we meet other 4-8 man groups and have quality PvP.

Organizing PvP in the faction system is hard, and i would much rather see the return of multiple 10-20 man gangs in organized pvp (like on other servers).

On Fonline Reloaded the Devs have set up a number of free teamspeaks for new gangs to use. This has been alot of help for the new gangs to organize. I think public faction teamspeaks would go a long way to sort out the mess that is PvP currently ...

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 08:39:36 AM »

When I first saw the explanation of the faction system, my very first thought was "Does it mean platoons from the same factions won't be able to PvP?"
Seconds after I though of a mechanic (which will require aeons to be completed), (It would also fit lore, because no one will know what happens down below...):

Phoenix - not only a city, but a complex system of underground dungeons and a source of rare T3 materials, a place, where signals fear to tread. (which basically means = no reputation losses\gains, can further be modified by adding faction badges to bodies which can be turned in to certain NPCs for reputation, but it's off the point).
That zone will be off any rules and\or limits, which will spice things up.

This stupid and completely non-thought-out-properly idea came to my mind because I still can't understand what's there to DIE for. It's just a ruined city, there are no "hidden treasures" or "sealed pre-war bunkers" or even anything similar to that. (I'm talking about setting and plot, not about gameplay.)

Why it is bad:
- It will be completely non-user friendly. I doubt that people will scavenge there. Anyone with his mind set right will just block off the exits with firepower and loot unlucky visitors, who got caught. (unless there are like 80 of them, which will break the point of sudden encounters of groups).

- It will be like creating another FOnline within already existing FOnline, since this implemention would be massive. (Poor mappers, I hope NNYT won't consider this idea as something they strive for, otherwise heads will fly ;D.)

- It will completely block off routes to getting T3 to any small groups or solo players. (Which happens everywhere, but it's still not that nice)

- It will require harsh balancing. It mustn't become a place where ~99% of the server will hang out and forget about the surface. IMO it should be a place, where you will die countless amount of times before even breaching a room in search for that sacred 1 out of ~20 details for a single PA.
^
||
This info is just for brainstorming something else, please don't ask such things from our dear developers, think about their lifes.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:42:10 AM by Myakot »

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »

I understand game its in early phase of development so i wont whine to much. However i really would like to see some activies for players exept monotonous and repetitive assignments and zonecontrol. Dont see much point going to the core becouse there is nothing what i can achive there exept looting metalparts and possibilyu of killing maybe 2-3 loners who cant even shot back.

Biggest issue for me are maps which are encuraging people to camping buldings. That was funny on begning for now when i see 15 enemies closed in room i feel sick and thinking about close down the client. I know maps looks cool but most of them are just not the best for PvP  what we used to. Fights totaly lose dynamics and its really discourages for playing AoP.

Other things are on big +. Best Pipboy ever, scores+exp in zc and nice weapons [BG ALWAYS SHOUL WORKS LIKE HERE!], granades and really awesome "cc" like bleed, winded, disoriented, suppresion etc.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:15:45 AM by maszrum »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 11:05:24 AM »

Off-topic
Spoiler for Hiden:
I actually adore that AoP's Pip-Boy is called Fix-Boy, but even in-game dialogues refer to it as a Pip-Boy xD. Fallout-verse never changes.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »

More PvP content would good expecialy with more importance, zone control for example needs to be more important to a faction rather then just more and cheaper goods to buy.

Make it so factions strive to work together and achieve a goal rather then a handful of looters or mission spam.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »

Add full reroll so we don't have to lvl new character every time to try something new,please  :D
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

the only thing that makes this game boring is when whole core is empty because everyone went to sleep. And I dont know if devs can fix that without mass-mailing of stimunlant drugs.

The fact you can roam the core looking for pvp (and actually find it 9/10 times) makes this actually more exciting than any fonline i have played, when you instead roam on WM from dungeon to dungeon hoping for PvP and rarely find it. I also like how you can have epic chases in this because you can cross grid during combat.

Also due to small map even when just 50 players  online youll find some to fight. Try playing another FOnline server with 50 online, you wont ever see a soul.

Assignments take away from fun because they keep people out of core and in instanced locatinos. I think there should be next tier of assignments hat require 50k rep and take place within the core (visit location, kill mob, loot something, etc)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:45:58 PM by catstevens »

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »

the only thing that makes this game boring is when whole core is empty because everyone went to sleep. And I dont know if devs can fix that without mass-mailing of stimunlant drugs.

They could chop up the placement of players into factions depending on their timezone, and lock them to a faction, but nobody would be with their friends, and that would be faaaar too even for most players liking :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip