Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Killing Teamates  (Read 21502 times)

Valley

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Killing Teamates
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »

I was killed by my own guys when I looted a fallen member. Many of us are new to multi player games. In the heat of battle how are we supposed to know whose faction a body belongs? And shouldn't we make those rules before the mission? And are we supposed to leave loot for the enemy should our position be overrun? Would it not be better for members to take the loot and to perhaps return it when the player returns? If those are the rules I have no problem with it, but it should be stated, it is unsportsmanlike to kill members of their own team, this should never happen. I left that faction and joined another. So you weaken your own faction by playing this way.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Re: Killing Teamates
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »

Yeah, the rep system is a little flawed I think, get over 40k rep and you can just pk whoever the hell you want apparently.
Theres no reason for someone to kill you for looting if you are on a mission, tell them to use their words :P
Were you by any chance lawyers?

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »

We're currently working on an improvement for the rep losses when friendly firing.

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »

how much rep do you actually lose from killing a team mate?
I know its like -30 if you hit them.

paragon

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »

Sometimes you don't even lose if for FF

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »

So far in game I have managed to hit teammates 3 times and have been hit maybe a couple of times too, most occasionally I see it happen with burst fires, but something i've noticed is that if you run unpredictably it is understandable that you get hit accidentally, if you use predictable patterns when you run, people are much less  likely to hit you on accident.

When it comes to the non accident situations, you gotta learn some common sense. What i've noticed is that people, like yourself, who "tag" along with an already established group or squad, just go nuts when they see a body hit the floor, these people rush each and every corpse that appears even in the middle of combat.. It's like they think noone can see them taking the whole groups loot right in front of them. If you apply this to the bodies of their teammates too, then it becomes COMPLETELY understandable as to why you got shot, learn some manners. Not every corpse that hits the ground is "fair game" for a loot race.

I WAS all for the idea of loot it all and sort it out when you get home, but only people you can trust seem to play this way, others think you are insulting their religion when they take 90% of a mission or encounters loot and run to bank it under your nose.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:29:17 PM by mAdman »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:36:54 PM »

Mind your actions when you are running with some group unknown to you.

You lose about 2500 rep for each TK, the worst shit happened to us was when we took SSS assignment and some1 died to burst-fires. The one who accidentally TK'ed got below the required 30k rep and couldn't finish their quest ^^. So mind your steps people.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

would be good to improve rep penalty
for example.. right now i got over 40k rep, losing 2-3k for killing some team mate is nothing while random friendlyfire would still take very low even when it would be doubled

Sometimes you don't even lose if for FF
first attack is usually without penalty from what i noticed

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 09:42:17 PM »

Idk what's up with your faction, but we BBs mourn our fallen, we need no rep penalties, our own suffering is enough. And if you ever touch our boys "I'll bash yer freaking skull in, swear on me mum".
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 03:45:08 AM »

i think we can agree that the mine defense is probaby where the most accidental teamkill happens because people often go as large groups

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »

mines shouldnt have count as TK

Saeko

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »

There's literally nothing more frustrating than entering the battle with 2k caps+ worth of gear and seeing the one bluesuit that followed the squad loot your corpse as soon as you take a casualty. This is a situation that happened to my buddy despite the fact that the looter was told to stop. His response was to run away and laugh in our face in the base while fingering his brand new combat armor and tier 2 weapon. You really don't have to be a high level wizard to understand what the consequences of acting like that could be. The point is this goes both ways, people should understand that they really shouldn't loot their own if they didn't contribute to the fight, it's actually more detrimental to your side than TKing someone to get your stuff back. I'm pretty sure no faction is going to tolerate this kind of behavior in the long run. You could literally spend this time doing assignments or scavenging the core - you'd get half of the gear you looted from your teammate and some valuable XP to increase the fighting capabilities of your faction instead of backstabbing the squad that just might bail you out from a bad situation on the next day.

tl;dr
TKing for teh lulz will get you nowhere and will get you killed
looting your own guys when you enter blue will get you nowhere and will get you killed
be a team player, there's no reason to troll your own people
Nice_Boat

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »

The way we play it, if you loot one of our squadmates and are in our faction, you will be gunned down, and your name will be noted. If we ever catch you following us again, you will likely get gutted as you'll probably be in a bluesuit anyway. I don't know what people who follow other groups in bluesuit are doing, but there are some of the same people who have been doing it since day one, still hoarding other people's hard work in their bedroom.
TK'ing is necessary, when your "team" are acting as if they were your enemies.

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »

yeah, thats exactly it, problem with factions and teamkilling starts when someone is looting on blue and did nothing OR when you go, you find loot on ground, you are looting it, someone from your faction says that its his because he died there and he start shooting you :/
if you increase rep penalty then players will cry that they cant kill looters

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »

its impossible to be a loner if you don't already have established group... ive tried rolling with some established groups, but its hard sometimes.

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »

Just some information about how the rep losses work right now. It's based on killing and inflicting damage, and the rep loss for each such action gets higher and higher if you do it in a short amount of time. Shooting someone just once may happen by accident and as somebody noted, if it's been long enough since the last incident, you don't lose rep that way. But if you then shoot again shortly, you'll lose reputation, and if you proceed to kill the guy, you'll probably end up losing thousands of reputation. Try to go on a killing spree and you'll be expelled from the faction pretty much regardless of your starting rep.

There's one exception where you don't lose any reputation at all from friendly fire and team kills, and that's during and just after Zone Control, if the person you shoot have less than 50 score from that action. It is safe to shoot someone who does nothing in the fight and just tries to steal the loot.

The rep penalty is a difficult balance though. On the one hand, the penalty needs to be high, otherwise people will just kill for lulz. But on the other hand, the penalty also can't be too high, because accidents can happen and it's also good to be able to punish somebody occasionally who for example steals loot or is griefing in some other way.

Not saying the current system is perfect at all, but there's some of the things we've tried to take into consideration anyway. Suggestions are welcome.

Saeko

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »

Personally, I find it very hard to make any suggestions because the more I play your game, the more I appreciate how much thought went into most features and the overall design. You guys did an amazing job, and that's coming from someone who spent circa 3 years bitching about how incompetent the 2238 devs were back in the day. I didn't think I could handle yet another FOnline game, yet AoP feels absolutely fresh and has an amazing combat/faction system. Hope you guys keep it up ^^
Nice_Boat

Stem Sunders

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »

Personally, I find it very hard to make any suggestions because the more I play your game, the more I appreciate how much thought went into most features and the overall design. You guys did an amazing job, and that's coming from someone who spent circa 3 years bitching about how incompetent the 2238 devs were back in the day. I didn't think I could handle yet another FOnline game, yet AoP feels absolutely fresh and has an amazing combat/faction system. Hope you guys keep it up ^^

Couldn't have put it better. As for the killing of team mates there are certain people that I just can't roll with for fear of being shot by them, or just taking my gear after dieing. You shouldnt have to worry that the guy on THIS side of the door may put a bullet in you if the enemy on the other side doesn't do it first.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:38:02 PM by Stem Sunders »

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »

A fairly annoying issue to fix, obviously you don't want people killing their own faction but if they are acting negatively to the faction then penalties need to be enforced.

Maybe a change to the mechanics so that if someone whom is part of a squad dies, their body cant be looted by any members of the same faction except other squad mates for 10-30 seconds.
That way a Squad can keep away random looters or leaches but not restrict an enemy faction from looting ect.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:29 AM »

That's a good idea.

I think it would be nice if you could only be looted by members of your squad, members of your platoon or members of other factions, as long as your body still there. As soon as the body disapear, everyone could loot your stuff.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip