Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Equal numbers PvP  (Read 37311 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Equal numbers PvP
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 02:05:44 PM »

Aha, I feel like a celebrity  ;D

noobie finally killed a "pro player" and is having the time of this life, so cute. Probably got a boner when he killed me

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »

i totally got a boner bro, but im not the one who came from having it jammed up his ass like you did just now

Stem Sunders

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »

-1 to match making/arena mode, or whatever you want to call it.

I thought long and hard, but no.

Reasons

It may just be catering to low population of current times.

It would affect activity within the core. Stalker is asking for it and courier is +1 which means that's -2 from the core if implemented.

I really don't think it fits into the overall game direction. Everything should be in the core imo.

I am ofc all for playing with new people and newbs. It is my belief that this would seclude those newbs even further from getting involved, because the same teams would always be in the arena fighting. If i'm in arena with my team fighting the same people that also take part in these arena battles then how will I meet Joe blogs?

I'll tell you how. Joe blogs will get bored and either leave the game, or be forced to join as a "random" wherein will be kicked or ridiculed just like when I take Lux support.
In which case he goes back to the core to play with all the other randoms and newbs that also cant get a look in because all the established players are bitching it up in a fkin sand pit.

You know how entertaining it was for me to be a noob in reloaded and fo2? It was WANK.
Again, because all the "pro-players" and "Veterans" were all off somewhere the newbs wernt welcome, or could even find for that matter. Hiding in their tents until its time to attack teh freekin den because, wait a fkin minuet but UV are swarming the place...Or over at hinkley proving who can chicken dance to a 1-hex better than the other.

AoP however.
I was immediately surrounded by newbs and vets alike.
People that I could learn from, (Directly or otherwise) and others I could subsequently teach.

This to me, is just 1 step towards something I wouldn't play.

Again -1

Kindest regards

-A drunk.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »

Kindest regards

-A drunk.

Yet still one of the best posts in this thread. If only the rest would follow your example

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »

Stuff Stem Said that I completely agree with and think he made a stellar post

+2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »

I swear, you guys act like this will take over the entire PvP in AoP.

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »

well, i guess i can see that it is possible that it won't because everyone we currently play with totally loves ZC style pvp and would easily show up for that when it happens instead of skipping it for more arena style pvp.  and then you could do arena when it really is only a few online.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2015, 08:59:48 PM »

I swear, you guys act like this will take over the entire PvP in AoP.
well, i guess i can see that it is possible that it won't because everyone we currently play with totally loves ZC style pvp and would easily show up for that when it happens instead of skipping it for more arena style pvp.  and then you could do arena when it really is only a few online.

Arena only becomes available when there is less than 30 players online or something?

Maybe that could work. I could live with that as a compromise.
That might not make the effort of making everything involved worth it though? I wouldn't know how easy/hard that is

I do see your point, but i'm still not sold on the idea.
Some would only do PvP via arena.
I'm not saying you (Stalker) or the aforementioned Courier would because I'm pretty sure they are among "Core PvP is siiiiick" crowd.
Above was just an example. However some would.

I've known some players to ONLY challenge other players via Hinkley. (For what ever reason, usually gear related)
The same behavior would carry over imo.

"But steam what about if we had to use our own gear and we could lose it"

Yeah, well then people would still cry about tier difference and what everyone takes to these arena's.

I just, don't like it...I hate being out 8/10 times too, but this is just...Yeah. Don't really have anything else to contribute to it

^Where I stand^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:25:09 PM by Stem Sunders »

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »

unless...

it becomes a themed gladiatorial arena of sorts, where adventurers can earn not only some coin but maybe some tech pieces or whatnot to help with tiering up for the whole faction. and still have to lose current gear to do it so that people will not only do arena, never accumulating any gear or building their item building skills so that they can compete at the ZC level.

Idk, hard to format something that would simultaneously attract us and more players to continued gameplay but also to stimulate and contribute to the course of the progressive ZC concept that will be existing in the next season

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:03 PM »

not to mention the celebrity and fame that would come from being one of the foremost champions of such an arena from your particular faction... right STALKER, that could make it sorta epic to introduce equal number's pvp. 

give it an Audience function where we can watch the pvp, maybe some camera controls and different layovers for what individuals, or groups of individuals are seeing.. could be interesting

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »

Arena only becomes available when there is less than 30 players online or something?
That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

Maybe that could work. I could live with that as a compromise.
That might not make the effort of making everything involved worth it though? I wouldn't know how easy/hard that is
It will probably be hard...I'd attempt to but have no idea how to script.

I do see your point, but i'm still not sold on the idea.
Some would only do PvP via arena.
I'm not saying you (Stalker) or the aforementioned Courier would because I'm pretty sure they are among "Core PvP is siiiiick" crowd.
Above was just an example. However some would.
And what's wrong with some only PvPing here? If they went to ZC they either get swarmed, have to play with a bunch of shitters, or get backstabbed by a pack of 500 HP Deathclaws while fighting another faction. How exactly will that be fun?

I've known some players to ONLY challenge other players via Hinkley. (For what ever reason, usually gear related)
The same behavior would carry over imo.
Well Hinkley is 100% free gear, of course people will want to go fight there. It's also nooby safe since the gear is free. However, when they see here they have to bring their own, they'll be risking their gear, and if they run out, well that's another guy going to core to explore. Anywho this won't steal all the players from PvP. Look at 2238 and Reloaded, you still see people Town Controlling and going reno (when locker was there) but sadly that's the only form of PvP that's/was available other than random encounters. (Also people started going Hinkley because drugs are available now)

"But steam what about if we had to use our own gear and we could lose it"

Yeah, well then people would still cry about tier difference and what everyone takes to these arena's.
What tier difference? There's suppose to be a Tier Progression system next session so everyone will be on the same playing field for a while...only difference will be skill of the player.

not to mention the celebrity and fame that would come from being one of the foremost champions of such an arena from your particular faction... right STALKER, that could make it sorta epic to introduce equal number's pvp. 

give it an Audience function where we can watch the pvp, maybe some camera controls and different layovers for what individuals, or groups of individuals are seeing.. could be interesting
:O

Something like from TES: Oblivion where you go and fight higher ranking opponents each time you when. Maybe something like this but squad base with a leaderboard, so you can see which team got the most score, most kill, highest bounty, etc :P

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »

Hinkley isn't just free gear, but also free of filler activity and you don't have to wait 30 minutes for people gathering. Anyway, it would make the core even worse if the arena is there when there is less than 30 people online. It should only be available if there is more than 100 people online, so the 10 that go the arena won't be missed.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »

Well we haven't really agreed on anything internally but I have mentioned that arena-like tournament events will be available from time to time.

It will be single elimination and team-size will be randomized each time the event occurs. All automated and would be time sensitive only running a few times a week.

The only problem I have with this is that I absolutely want to make it available for other players to spectate but of course that enables ghosting, so I would probably need to hack together a twitch streaming bot with some delay.

I think these kind of things addresses an important problem of AoP that is the PvP fatigue. There really isn't any relaxing activity to do in AoP currently and so I think it would be fun to have the option to be spectators to these fights and shit-talk together about the participants just maybe an hour or two a week.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »

Well we haven't really agreed on anything internally but I have mentioned that arena-like tournament events will be available from time to time.

It will be single elimination and team-size will be randomized each time the event occurs. All automated and would be time sensitive only running a few times a week.

The only problem I have with this is that I absolutely want to make it available for other players to spectate but of course that enables ghosting, so I would probably need to hack together a twitch streaming bot with some delay.

I think these kind of things addresses an important problem of AoP that is the PvP fatigue. There really isn't any relaxing activity to do in AoP currently and so I think it would be fun to have the option to be spectators to these fights and shit-talk together about the participants just maybe an hour or two a week.

+1 karma for cirn0 logic in implementation.  but could we get some sort of stat tracker/leaderboard function for it too?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2015, 03:12:27 PM »

But will it be equal numbers?

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »

Swarm vs Stalker is the default pvp scenario in AOP.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:33 AM »

Swarm vs Stalker is the default pvp scenario in AOP.
PPOOOOORRRRRQQQUUUUEEEEEE JJEESSUSSS

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »

This
Spoiler for Hiden:

vs. 7

Please tell me how that's fair? Anyways I hope devs make something with equal numbers...Worst part is these guys think they're so good swarming  ::)

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

Idk. I see only 8 people in that screenshot.

Death0
AiMsSniper
Hellmri
Profesretranick
YurUndertakervorpal
PewPew
Twat
'primus'

Having said that, seen some pretty brilliant lawyer swarm in some of your latest videos. Yet vtec doesn't cry. Last two battles tonight were 8 and 7 vtec respectively. Shit, you lost. Happens. I lose too, all the time. But at least I'm not a cry baby over it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:42:08 PM by Teela »
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2015, 06:43:49 PM »

Idk. I see only 8 people in that screenshot.

Death0
AiMsSniper
Hellmri
Profesretranick
YurUndertakervorpal
PewPew
Twat
'primus'

Having said that, seen some pretty brilliant lawyer swarm in some of your latest videos. Yet vtec doesn't cry. Last two battles tonight were 8 and 7 vtec respectively. Shit, you lost. Happens. I lose too, all the time. But at least I'm not a cry baby over it.

At least 13 - not 8.

13 vs 7 - we did well considering :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip