Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: PvP Discussion [S1]  (Read 163008 times)

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
Re: Re: PvP Movies and Screens
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »

well im out anyway atm , playin TLA

WHHYYYYYYY??? :(
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

FrankenStone

« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »

no players here thats the reason , ill wait for imimprovements and greater playerbase ;)

Stem Sunders

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »

ill wait for imimprovements and greater playerbase ;)

Said every player that left so far :D

Snowball effect.

Come back soon!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:15:54 PM by Stem Sunders »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »

I fully endorse TLAmk2, it was really fun and inspiring.

Please do enjoy yourself over there :) and come hang out on irc for news.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Discussion
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »

I'd like to provide better options for communication between players in-game. Quick text / pre-defined voice quick-keys, like (in tribes, counterstrike, battlefield) and something a bit more advanced such as pinging a hex to your squad and setting objective-points.

I'm pretty this can help better organize people both on comms and people without. ETA : Soon.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »

shazbot!
fire in the hole!

paragon

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »

> Quick text / pre-defined voice quick-keys
I can give away autohotkey script for it, it's very basic, still easy configurable and 90% effective. Yeah, it's text quick-keys, not voice unfortunately.

> pinging a hex to your squad and setting objective-points
The step away from the realism until some special electronic device which allows you to do it implemented (which I gonna EMP hard). Basically it gives the leader the ability to microcontrol team even more (which I don't think very good in whole).

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2014, 05:43:04 PM »

> Quick text / pre-defined voice quick-keys
I can give away autohotkey script for it, it's very basic, still easy configurable and 90% effective. Yeah, it's text quick-keys, not voice unfortunately.

> pinging a hex to your squad and setting objective-points
The step away from the realism until some special electronic device which allows you to do it implemented (which I gonna EMP hard). Basically it gives the leader the ability to microcontrol team even more (which I don't think very good in whole).

Yeah I like the idea of a device that allows you to ping positions on your cheapboy and by extension onto your map, like a flare or something.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2014, 06:09:58 PM »

I'd like to provide better options for communication between players in-game. Quick text / pre-defined voice quick-keys, like (in tribes, counterstrike, battlefield) and something a bit more advanced such as pinging a hex to your squad and setting objective-points.

I'm pretty this can help better organize people both on comms and people without. ETA : Soon.

Love it, want it!

@Caboose

Ooh the thought of popping flares to call for aid is sweet.
(Edit) It makes me think of so many possibilities.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:13:31 PM by Stem Sunders »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2014, 06:49:29 PM »

You're Preaching to the choir  :D
If someone gave me an address I'd happily join and listen to a squad commander.
But out of the few players we do have its either...

1.No mic (I come here)
2.Unwilling to use comms, even to listen.
3.Someone may have a mic and comms, but is unwilling/un-wanting/incapable of leading for whatever reason.

We had a TS once, I can't access it anymore. I dont know who it belonged to.
However even then there was usually, Lexington and myself with one or two more.
Apart from the odd occasion where we actually were led into battle by somebody there may have been 10 in the room listening in, but that was at launch in the first month and all those players are gone.
Even when asked to join people just wouldn't, some wouldn't even consider it.

I don't claim to know everybodys background, but a lot of players in family were/are new to fonline in general.afaik
Perhaps they didn't/don't understand the benefits that comes from using comms,
and perhaps underestimate what it does for the enemy.

I know I did at first, I was a naysayer. "I dont need to hear some guy breathing down a mic at me"
But I quickly changed my tune when I realised the enemy was organised far more efficiently than a side chat would allow.
Now, I'd listen to someone with the worst breathing problems in existence if he/she was willing to be commander.

Right now, we do what we can I guess.
I'd be willing to lead in battle with teamspeak. Hell, I can even get family a teamspeak by using abandoned amboy duke teamspeak or pistoleros TS.

FrankenStone

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »

1.No mic (I come here)
3.Someone may have a mic and comms, but is unwilling/un-wanting/incapable of leading for whatever reason.

Apart from the odd occasion where we actually were led into battle by somebody there may have been 10 in the room listening in, but that was at launch in the first month and all those players are gone.

I don't claim to know everybodys background, but a lot of players in family were/are new to fonline in general.afaik

I know I did at first, I was a naysayer. "I dont need to hear some guy breathing down a mic at me"
But I quickly changed my tune when I realised the enemy was organised far more efficiently than a side chat would allow.
Now, I'd listen to someone with the worst breathing problems in existence if he/she was willing to be commander.

I'd be willing to lead in battle with teamspeak. Hell, I can even get family a teamspeak by using abandoned amboy duke teamspeak or pistoleros TS.

lets do this :D

Stem Sunders

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »

1.No mic (I come here)

+1

You had me from the beginning, now the rest of us.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »

+1

But everyone listens to Komrade, I don't know why, he still thinks I play with V-Tec even though I've been fighting with them constantly for the past weeks. And not sure if we're "allied" with Brahmin Boys. shot at me, chased me, and killed me, later to say "oh we didn't see you were family" bunch of dumbfucks

Stem Sunders

« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »

+1

But everyone listens to Komrade, I don't know why, he still thinks I play with V-Tec even though I've been fighting with them constantly for the past weeks. And not sure if we're "allied" with Brahmin Boys. shot at me, chased me, and killed me, later to say "oh we didn't see you were family" bunch of dumbfucks

I can't account for any of that neither can I assure BBoys won't shoot at you, outside of ZC
but there are ways to win trust.
Courier managed it, he was in the same boat as you when you guys arrived.
(Try to remember how many of us you killed while under other colors, your name is kinda memorable you know.)
And we managed to win the trust of BBoys, As far as I'm concerned the ones that count (They know who they are) Have our trust too.
All is possible given time.

Go with a few well knowns to do some ZC and show them you're in it with us...Kill a bunch Tecs in front of everyone, save a BB from certain death with your FASTICHMEHSKILLZ that I know you got.
Dont go out taking on PA and tec swarms all by yourself. Make a spectacle of it and impress teh newbs (Which btw we have a few of atm)

There is all sorts of things, and then we can get on TS and kick some TEC ASS! ;D...And maybe a Lawyer or two, if we get time  8)

As for people listening to Komrade, yes ofc they do, he's done a lot for us (Including acting as liaison and securing a "Mutual agreement effecting the foreseeable future" with the remaining BBoys.
However everyone also has a mind of their own.
And just for the record, I know one or two players that will listen to you if it means better funner fights.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:00:33 PM by Stem Sunders »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

Hold on Stalker isn't Family, he helped take out a few family just two days ago!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

Hold on Stalker isn't Family, he helped take out a few family just two days ago!
Uhm...

Stem Sunders

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »

Hilarious. :D

What a waste of time that was  ::)

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2014, 08:31:29 AM »

Hilarious. :D

What a waste of time that was  ::)

;D

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »

So Stem, the 'battle for PV Polymer' tonight was us without suff or voice comms (4 people from 4 languages). But all of this of course is only possible because of playing with each other a lot. I'm looking forward to General Stalker MKII leading his troops into battle.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Stem Sunders

« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »

So Stem, the 'battle for PV Polymer' tonight was us without suff or voice comms (4 people from 4 languages). But all of this of course is only possible because of playing with each other a lot. I'm looking forward to General Stalker MKII leading his troops into battle.
I doubt stalker will be leading anything much from family, things will probably go on much the same as they are at the moment.
While you develop the family stand stagnant and unchanging.

Yes very well played today.

I'm sure I saw at least one more, inside the room too but I have been mistaken before.
And I'll say again I never said you guys lose every battle without suff...Because you don't.
And what's with the Lawyer that seems to have been following you guys around like a bad stench?

A new scout?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:55:06 PM by Stem Sunders »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip