Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So New Wipe?  (Read 23430 times)

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: So New Wipe?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »

lvl above 24 is not any advantage and you can lvl up from 1 to 24 in few hours
there are players which played 30+ hours and you want to force them to do all this again ?

Force them to do what all over again ? According to you it's possible to get lvl 24 in few hours. Where's the problem? Items have to be wiped anyways.

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »

Get to level 24 in 3 hours, then I will believe you, no video editing.  Proof, or it didn't fucking happen.
I think your 30+ hours statement is more accurate.
not in three hours, i said few hours

Force them to do what all over again ? According to you it's possible to get lvl 24 in few hours. Where's the problem? Items have to be wiped anyways.
actually yeah i agree
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:01:24 PM by powerplay »

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »

Get to level 24 in 3 hours, then I will believe you, no video editing.  Proof, or it didn't fucking happen.
I think your 30+ hours statement is more accurate.
not in three hours, i said few hours

actually yeah i agree

So what's a few hours? 29 hours? :P

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »

Can anyone here present a solid reason why wiping the server while removing the level6 faction requirement along with a 2x exp boost for 24 hours would be a problem ?

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 11:40:02 PM »

removing the level6 faction requirement

planned, or at least reducing to like 2 or something.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »

removing the level6 faction requirement

planned, or at least reducing to like 2 or something.

That's not the problem. What the hell is a newbie going to do once he joins a faction? He's most likely gonna loot friends gear and be completely useless in ZC. Hell, even now Family is suffering from these random players.

Real problem was there was no way to level at launch. Even papa Cirn0 tried and took something hours to barely reach lvl 4, same with me and many others. Now I barely reached level 12 but can't PvP right so forced to be a sneak and catch a guy split from enemy swarm.  Meanwhile I see giant groups farming dungeons cause they can do it without dying due to their numbers and now have way better leader buffs and more levels. And with these current ZC mechanics, smaller groups can't farm dungeons (can't level)  or they get backstabbed.

There should have been an option to that old tutorial on season 1, that gave me like 7 levels before going to the Core.

Jukkastoo

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »

Wipe items but leave characters, because why not?

Space

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 03:44:26 AM »

Wipe items to fix the economy, thats okey.
But if you wipe the server again, I'm out.
I just spent like 12 hours getting from level 6 to level 24. Didn't fight at all. We were killing mobs at worldmap encounters or sneaking into non-common zones and farming there. Some point I was top5 exp I guess. Yeah, I died like milion times, but so what? It's doable without pvp. Stop crying.

Kurwier

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 03:53:53 AM »

well i agree with aco and stalker here , game is unplayable at the moment and i think i wont play anymore till it gets wiped or whatever , why :

@powerplay : no advantage by level ? hehehe , did i miss something ? you will have on any server an advantage if u got an already passed softcap character againts some low level chars , why ? because you got maximum number of perks he dont have ( not to mention that some end softcap level perks arent funny ) ... i would even go so far to say that aop is pretty harsh whats considering after softcap levels , i mean you can max all your weapon skills but ofcourse only if you got the levels ( i dont diss the softcap or past softcap mechanics , i even liked them , i think most problems this season considering leveling are comming from very bad gamedesign choices aka no way to level except shooting high hp critters in a group or abusing terrible ai by just walking to exitgrids without a combat timer and so on and so on )

i dont know i could go on why its so broken and why im crying so hard but weeeh , really the aop we had before was nice and the mechanics were working ... the zc mechanics from last season beginning would work perfectly now without flooding the timers and we mentioned that couple of times , the assignments were good to get started now we were left with nothing , this was predictable also if any of you devs would have ever tried to level some character just by pveing in the core , the meta is totaly broken and this is a real shame because the meta we had before with 20 ~ 30 people online was working perfectly , now we got armors which dont have any damage resistance or are absolute crap in comparison to what dmg some guns and mobs deal ... you dont deal any damage to npcs because their resistances arent scaled to what u can use i guess ... so you end up with a horrible meta a real nightmare. and the core feature of this game is already disabled by this , becasue its no fun. this one small gun machine gun which u need to deploy lmfao can deal up to 100 dmg for less than 20 ap on other players , in addition if you are in cover the enemy has 75% cth if hes using the same gun or any other crap gun with iaccuracy 25% malus and u can just pewpew with this unbalanced shit , not to mention the annyoing replication timer ( which we were getting rid of alrdy but for some shaman magik its back in game because todd said so )... so pvp isnt even a option due to nightmare balancing and meta.

i mean i know what im talking about ( i played this server from 2014 till now ) and im so pissed again that most people wont see the prewipe aop , it was not perfect but it was 1 million times better than this and it was 2 million times better than the 2014 aop. and most of them wont see it because they will ragequit before that , including me becasue this is unplayable at the moment sorry.

- i had fun once ...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:59:16 AM by FrankenStone »

Kurwier

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 03:55:50 AM »

Wipe items to fix the economy, thats okey.
But if you wipe the server again, I'm out.
I just spent like 12 hours getting from level 6 to level 24. Didn't fight at all. We were killing mobs at worldmap encounters or sneaking into non-common zones and farming there. Some point I was top5 exp I guess. Yeah, I died like milion times, but so what? It's doable without pvp. Stop crying.

plus this , devs were getting rid of assignments becasue they thought leveling by pve isnt the thing but now we are right back at it again because pvp at the moment sucks donkey balls its more beta than ever , we were right flying back to alpha i guess. i mean i know some of the blueprints and it looks really good but one man does not simply implement half finnished features ....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:04:42 AM by FrankenStone »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 04:33:58 AM »

+1 Vote for Total wipe, Resons:
Some people exploited game and head advantage over other players.
Start advantage = end advantage

Burn it all Burnnnnnnnnnnnn

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 04:55:13 AM »

I am rather for economy wipe, but i can only tell from my personnal experience.

I don't plan to stash anything before joining a faction, because of that 50 caps thing, and i can't wait anymore to join a faction.

On the other hand, i spent a few hours in the core yesterday and i manage to get a few levels without dying agains't players (only once). If you keep wandering in the core, openning lockers, avoiding other players, reading books and fighting npc when you think you have a chance (don't let them swarm you, be willing to spare them if you think you gonna lose, be an opportunist when they fight each others, use doors/covers/exit grids), it is doable in less than 5 hours. But it can get very boring if you are forced to do it again when you are near the objective.

New players, of course, would require more time to get the same result. Even more reasons to not wipe their experience points. It isn't hard to level up, but a bit long, and a bit boring after a while, especially if said new player isn't fond of pve/exploration to begin with.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:58:45 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »

duno but i really like how start works. You are lvl 1 stako and your main goal is to run run run get some xp and hope to live until you can start killing , reality is harsh

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 10:50:54 AM »

Drop all higher level to 12 lvl and wipe items ;p

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »

duno but i really like how start works. You are lvl 1 stako and your main goal is to run run run get some xp and hope to live until you can start killing , reality is harsh
Like I said, it's a nice concept, it's just not that conducive with current game.  Maybe if there were more lone NPC's to kill, heck even the lone savage with a knife will tear you apart in 3 seconds before you can even get him to half health =/.  Don't get me wrong, I like the huge mobs, because when you are rolling with your faction it gives you something challenging to fight in the core, and adds to ambiance/immersion/good xp, but t here needs to be something for the level 1 loner as well.
Floaters were the best xp, just shoot and run, maybe cripple, centaurs and other things too dangerous. And I only found like 2 of those guys on the way  to level 8
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:24:13 PM by faopcurious »

I love Clochard

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »

i am up for total wipe and bringing back meta from season 1

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »

you can kill loner eazy at least i did on lvl 1 just use some good weapon and aim hands to drop weapon or something, worst case attack mele 1 from distance

DalikJe

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »

I am for the removal of 2 new factions, as they are making a strong imbalance, and armor from these fractions leave a like color, with 4 factions were a problem online, and the addition of 2 new no th did not change, how to run a pack of big coats and one of all bends, and continues.
It is better to leave 2 factions.

Hazard

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »

+1 for complete wipe when things are fixed.

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »

pvp at the moment sucks donkey balls its more beta than ever

It feels like it is alpha or pre-alpha server. Client crashes, server offline, lags. In 2014 it was a better xD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip